Pakistan vs Australia (in the UAE)

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree in giving someone more than a couple of tests. Just that if the player looks inept and isn't likely to kick on, we need to be ruthless.

I guess the real question is, who is able to replace him - other than Hughes who doesn't have the incriminating photos ;)
marsh man.jpg

I agree in giving someone more than a couple of tests. Just that if the player looks inept and isn't likely to kick on, we need to be ruthless.

I guess the real question is, who is able to replace him - other than Hughes who doesn't have the incriminating photos ;)
My point is... They have been ruthless with a lot of players. Loads of one and two gamers. That needs to stop unless a player is there through injury.

Here's a cheery statistic. In the history of Test cricket, teams have chased 350+ on 409 occasions, resulting in just 8 wins, 282 losses and 119 draws. It just illustrates how important it is that our boys create a bit of carnage out there, and take the remaining 9 wickets for less than 100.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Misbah want more than 320 or so?
Naturally IMO. To declare you'd probably want 400, though I have my doubts of how well we can get a 300+ target, and we seem rather weak if forced to stonewall.

Will Misbah want more than 320 or so?
Waqar apparently hinted at around 400 earlier today. There's 149 overs left in the match, less 2 for the change of innings. So assuming they want to bowl 20 overs at us tonight, they've got another 37 overs to get the lead they want: 4 an over gets them to 415 in front - 416 off 110 overs shuts the gate on an Australian win. When was the last time our boys batted for that long to save a game????

Waqar apparently hinted at around 400 earlier today. There's 149 overs left in the match, less 2 for the change of innings. So assuming they want to bowl 20 overs at us tonight, they've got another 37 overs to get the lead they want: 4 an over gets them to 415 in front - 416 off 110 overs shuts the gate on an Australian win. When was the last time our boys batted for that long to save a game????

They'd have to go for a win, they'll lose anyway but they can't do a SA, they haven't got those type of players.

They'd have to go for a win, they'll lose anyway but they can't do a SA, they haven't got those type of players.
I daresay this pitch will spin more on day 5 than that Perth pitch did, plus Pakistan's spinners will pose more problems. Time for the skipper to stand up I reckon: Ponting saved our bacon with that masterclass in England in 2005 - hopefully Clarke can do something similar, because Warner can't do it on his own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back