Unsolved The Beaumont Children

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems the business man is the latest suspect, although now deceased. They recently dug up the back of a factory he owned. Derek Percy was also up there. He died not long ago & had been in jail since 1969.

I didn't realize Percy had died. It seems unlikely that he was involved in the Beaumont case - but there are at least 3 other child murders that the police seriously thought could have been his work.

He's no great loss to the world.

They won't solve this case now. If they were kidnapped and brought up as someone elses kids, I wonder what they feel when they hear or see something in the media about this case.

Has anyone read the Satin Man?

I have just finished it and having gown up and lived in Glenelg and nearby surrounding suburbs all my life it was certainly a very eery read?

There were lots of peddies hanging out in seaside toilets this was well known in my circles, athere were common stories shared at school about weirdos at the beach hanging around in male toilets with erections etc

There seems to be something fishy about the investigation over the years in my eyes, detectives working on the files always being changed when it seems they were honing in on theories.

Would love to see this solved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder given how much time has come passed if the government could allow someone to come forward and admit to the crime without being prosecuted.

48 years has now passed. I wonder if the family would be accepting of this, if the government would pass a law in this case.

I would think this would be horrible not having closure. If it was me, Im not sure if I would or would not want to know. But here is the most chilling aspect of the case, what if they are still alive????????

I think Derek Percy looks really good for the Wanda Beach murders.. I was researching his life recently and he's for sure got the mentality of someone who could have done that - and he was staying at his Nan's house not far from Wanda. But I've never really seen him as a serious contender for the Beaumont kids.

One thing that struck me is, it's pretty unusual for someone to abduct a group of kids like that.. Adelaide Oval being another rare case (and one I am not discounting as possibly linked). It would take a fair amount of skill and brashness to snatch more than one kid at a time. Somebody confident about what they're doing, is my thinking, maybe someone who's successfully abducted solitary kids already or had been stalking around the family for a time, making sure the kids knew him as a friendly face in passing. It's different to the Oval abduction, as in that crime the littlest girl was used to control the older one as the abductor walked them away unwillingly. Three kids are harder for one guy to control, keep happy so they don't yell and scream. There's the unexplained 'extra' money the Beaumonts had, and (unlike the Oval case) they weren't seen by anyone to be in obvious distress. So I think whoever took them was a well practised child abductor at the time. Maybe he didn't kill his previous victims, but there would for sure be some, there'll be a history of crime behind this guy to give him that kind of confidence.

yeah the two girls at the footy is creepy...I mean what the fk...does this guy go to the game on his own to watch his team has a few beers and sees this opportunity to kidnap 2 kids or does he go there with kidnapping in mind not interested in the game uses it as a hunting ground...*ing freak

poor families

I've been following the Beaumont Children case for a while now. It's "interesting" to say the least. The day they went missing, they had more bus money than normal and more snack money than normal (as noted by the Bus Driver and Store Clerk at the time).

Another really creepy (in my opinion anyway) was that the father of the Beaumont Children was working in Snowtown the day they went missing (everyone surely knows about what happened in Snowtown....).

Also something weird about von Einem.... Anyone here ever read about those accused of being homosexual or those that were homosexual being thrown into the Torrens? Bevan Spencer von Einem was one of them!

I'd like to see this case finally come to a close in my lifetime, or in their parents lifetime. Nothing would hurt more than a parent (s) passing away without knowing what happened to their Children (the Beaumont Children's parents are still alive, Mrs Beaumont changed her name and remarried I think and Mr Beaumont moved away from the area)

Heardy_101 said:
I've been following the Beaumont Children case for a while now. It's "interesting" to say the least. The day they went missing, they had more bus money than normal and more snack money than normal (as noted by the Bus Driver and Store Clerk at the time).

Another really creepy (in my opinion anyway) was that the father of the Beaumont Children was working in Snowtown the day they went missing (everyone surely knows about what happened in Snowtown....).

I'd like to see this case finally come to a close in my lifetime, or in their parents lifetime. Nothing would hurt more than a parent (s) passing away without knowing what happened to their Chil9dren (the Beaumont Children's parents are still alive, Mrs Beaumont changed her name and remarried I think and Mr Beaumont moved away from the area)

I've followed the Beaumont case ... read most everything on it and to a lesser extent the AO abduction.

Mrs Beaumont stayed in the area... often was seen drinking at 'The Broadway' pub. I'm seen a quote that she thought the kids would turn up one day and wanted to be there.

Mr Beaumont... snowtown ... just a bad coincidence. He was thought to have some involvement but never proved.

Satin man story ... very interesting ... he's my #1 suspect ... There was a book review blog on it that went off with his relatives and other 'interested' parties like me. The blog was closed.

I was tweeting with Frank Pangallo (went to school with him ... A few classes ahead) of Today Tonight when factory digging was on... He knows more and says cops do too ... but he's now gone quiet on it.

Cops know suspects I think but not enough evidence for arrests.

Then there is the Yatina story ... mid north SA town ... kids flown in/out for pedo pleasure ... cops discount this tho

Last edited:
Heardy_101 said:
Also something weird about von Einem.... Anyone here ever read about those accused of being homosexual or those that were homosexual being thrown into the Torrens? Bevan Spencer von Einem was one of them!

DIDN'T von Einem try to save Dr Duncan (who drowned) or did save someone else there ... he's up to his neck in more than just KELVIN case he was convicted on ...Cops know it too but he won't talk or the witnesses are dodgier than him!

then ...

VON Einem seen In newspaper photo at the time of Beaumont disappearance ... watching the Pat search . . Creepy? He was a bit young at time but I'm sure he knows something on this or AO.

Last edited:
The Satin man does seem good for it.

I agree ... very much ...

There was a book blog on it ... His relatives joined and we're very defensive ... it went off and was eventually shutdown.

DIDN'T von Einem try to save Dr Duncan (who drowned) or did save someone else there ... he's up to his neck in more than just KELVIN case he was convicted on ...Cops know it too but he won't talk or the witnesses are dodgier than him!

then ...

VON Einem seen In newspaper photo at the time of Beaumont disappearance ... watching the Pat search . . Creepy? He was a bit young at time but I'm sure he knows something on this or AO.

Nope, von Einem was one of the guys thrown in.

I don't think von Einem was fully involved with the Beaumonts personally - it would have been found out if he was decades ago.

Nope, von Einem was one of the guys thrown in.

Around 11.00 p.m. on 10 May 1972, Duncan and Roger James were both thrown into the river and Duncan, a frail man with one lung, drowned. James suffered a broken ankle and after crawling to the road, was rescued by a passing driver, Bevan Spencer von Einem, who then took him to theRoyal Adelaide Hospital. By the time a television crew arrived, Duncan's body had already been pulled from the river by police. The body was returned to the river to allow the crew to film its recovery.

Last edited:
Roger James was interviewed in 2005 on ABC Radio ...

excerpt....

SIMON ROYAL: What happened when you got out of the river?

ROGER JAMES: They cleared off and then I thought "Oh God, they are going to realise they have killed this guy and they are going to come back and do me". So I crawled to the roadside and was hailing people that were driving past and then someone came and picked me up and took me to the hospital.

SIMON ROYAL: That someone of course was Bevan Von Einem.

ROGER JAMES: Yes.

SIMON ROYAL: A lot has subsequently been made of that, or it was just a point of curiosity.

ROGER JAMES: I think, you know, it could have been Joe Bloggs, it just happened that he just happened to be driving past at that moment, I think.

Well there you go. Cheers for that!

No worries ... I'm sure Bevan would have been thown in sometime :)

Roger says he thought Bevan just happened on by .. yea right ... lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back