Spring Racing

Spads

All Australian
Aug 16, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
And LAW, my best of the day, only got out to 10/1, a certainty beat. I am loving this weekend. Anyone own a noose?
I find this post quite disturbing. And it's nothing to do with suicidal tendencies. It's more the fact that auto erotic asphyxiation is entirely within character.

That Azkedella goes around in the carbine club next sat. I feel that horse owes me and a few others some coin after that last start at caulfield. Different jocky this time too.

About to say exactly the same as you. Shame that Michelle Payne didn't have the same kamikaze attitude that she had today in the MV Cup when my coin was on Azkadellia last start.

I heard Maher say on the radio during the week that he was think about targeting the Myer, seems he has had a change of plan or maybe she didn't get in. Also said that the Emirates was a possibility if she ran well next start. Obviously has a massive opinion of her to be targeting races such as these, just shows what a butcher job it was by Payne at Caulfield.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
About to say exactly the same as you. Shame that Michelle Payne didn't have the same kamikaze attitude that she had today in the MV Cup when my coin was on Azkadellia last start.

I heard Maher say on the radio during the week that he was think about targeting the Myer, seems he has had a change of plan or maybe she didn't get in. Also said that the Emirates was a possibility if she ran well next start. Obviously has a massive opinion of her to be targeting races such as these, just shows what a butcher job it was by Payne at Caulfield.
big difference between a butcher job and a genius ride if she gets a run. FWIW i was on her as well and i only had one problem with her ride.. the problem i have with most jockeys who take off to early and don't see whats unfolding in front of them.. she should have gone through the fence earlier.. The fact that she didnt get a run in the end was not Paynes fault. I did my dough but didnt blame her.

big difference between a butcher job and a genius ride if she gets a run. FWIW i was on her as well and i only had one problem with her ride.. the problem i have with most jockeys who take off to early and don't see whats unfolding in front of them.. she should have gone through the fence earlier.. The fact that she didnt get a run in the end was not Paynes fault. I did my dough but didnt blame her.

All i ask is that she gives THE FAVOURITE a chance! It was clearly superior than the rest of the field that day, clearly, we aren't talking about a 20-1 pop here, make sure the horse isn't cluttered up and has no slow traffic in front of her. Thats all she had to do. If she does that it wins, simple. I call that a butchering.

Rooster Cogburn

Premiership Player
Dec 16, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal
Women make poor decisions under pressure. I don't think they should be allowed to ride in anything over a BM70.

478.gif

Women make poor decisions under pressure. I don't think they should be allowed to ride in anything over a BM70.

KP for chief steward. * id love for you to give out some suspensions and dressing downs for s**t rides. :D

Winona and Lucy Warwick go alrite, about the only ones at the moment i have complete faith in.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
All i ask is that she gives THE FAVOURITE a chance! It was clearly superior than the rest of the field that day, clearly, we aren't talking about a 20-1 pop here, make sure the horse isn't cluttered up and has no slow traffic in front of her. Thats all she had to do. If she does that it wins, simple. I call that a butchering.
I hardly ever back favourites!! I want all my horses ridden properly be it 1.20 or 100/1 and then if they arent good enough i got nothing to complain about.. but since i started punting i lost all my hair and half my money because of jockeys! Ive had a lot lot worse ride than hers.

sethlad

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2001
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Derby County FC

Surely you race 3yo fillies while you can?
Horse has had 3 starts, how would it possibly get a start in the Emirates?
Tell him he's dreaming, just head to Oaks

seth

Surely you race 3yo fillies while you can?
Horse has had 3 starts, how would it possibly get a start in the Emirates?
Tell him he's dreaming, just head to Oaks

seth

I thought the same as well. But yeah, thats what i heard on RSN.

In her defence, spoke to Dean Yendell after the race and he told me he thought it was going to bolt in at the 400

Viva la Mattner

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tottenham
Thank God for Lankan, having said that I suggest all in sundry load the gun on Chataqua in the Darley sprint, I was expecting Lankan to win tonight and expecting him to run to his peak but based on his ran tonight (eye only) he will not beat Chataqua home in 2 weeks time.

If you win any money over the next two weeks I suggest you put it all on the grey nag on the final day of the carnival!!

iluvparis where in your opinion would Slade Power rate against the likes of Lankan Rupee,
Buffering, Terravista and Chataqua. At this stage may provide the best value based on the other 1st up international horses claiming group 1's this spring

iluvparis where in your opinion would Slade Power rate against the likes of Lankan Rupee,
Buffering, Terravista and Chataqua. At this stage may provide the best value based on the other 1st up international horses claiming group 1's this spring

Against our best sprinters? Not a hope in hell.

Main Man

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Old Ivanhoe!
Slade Power would need to be a freak to beat Chataqua, his last start rating put him into Black Caviar territory.

Back