The Chicago Bulls Thread - Feat best 3 guard rotation of ALL TIME

domin8tors

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
on paper we should have Good offensive unit, just concerned that we are getting points on the board though. given the roster changes and the re-introduction of rose I'm hoping that it's just a matter of getting used to each other

on paper we should have Good offensive unit, just concerned that we are getting points on the board though. given the roster changes and the re-introduction of rose I'm hoping that it's just a matter of getting used to each other
The second unit is hurting us ATM. Just no synergy at all with them during the preseason. Also shooting 5-25 from kaboom land doesn't help either, need to knock those down.

Today was the first time since 2011 that I felt like I was watching the real Derrick Rose play basketball.
Same mate. I said in the offseason thread it looks like 2010 Rose! Let's hope he brings that to the regular season.

bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Just seen the highlights.....MVP ROSE IS BACK

Awesome, Just awesome to see him drop 30 on the Cavs. Did anybody else see the whole Bulls team rush to Rose at a break when he was down ?

domin8tors

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I wonder if cavs felt they had to prove something. Irving , Love and James all played 35 Min +.

Magpie Monopoly

A Good Bloke
Jul 11, 2014
Syria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
I think bulls will make the east, and face off against the Cavs. However, i think they have zero chance against the Cavs.

Cavs have the blueprint for beating the bulls when it matters. Its pretty simple really. Derrick Rose, when healthy, scores or assists on nearly half the teas points. LeBron is the only player in the league who can stop rose on a consistent basis, and he does a shutdown job on Rose most of the time when he plays on him in playoff games.

Bulls then have no offense, and get slaughtered. A Rose oriented team cannot beat LeBron. Its simple. In a battle of Star Power vs Star Power, LeBron always wins, ask the Thunder.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I think bulls will make the east, and face off against the Cavs. However, i think they have zero chance against the Cavs.

Cavs have the blueprint for beating the bulls when it matters. Its pretty simple really. Derrick Rose, when healthy, scores or assists on nearly half the teas points. LeBron is the only player in the league who can stop rose on a consistent basis, and he does a shutdown job on Rose most of the time when he plays on him in playoff games.

Bulls then have no offense, and get slaughtered. A Rose oriented team cannot beat LeBron. Its simple. In a battle of Star Power vs Star Power, LeBron always wins, ask the Thunder.

This old myth, LeBron never shut Rose down.

The Miami defense trapping Rose shut him down, LeBron gets far too much credit for team defense.

Also this team is also bringing in new pieces that need to gel, we are a far better chance at knocking off the Cavs than people are giving the Bulls credit for.

Magpie Monopoly

A Good Bloke
Jul 11, 2014
Syria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
This old myth, LeBron never shut Rose down.

The Miami defense trapping Rose shut him down, LeBron gets far too much credit for team defense.

Also this team is also bringing in new pieces that need to gel, we are a far better chance at knocking off the Cavs than people are giving the Bulls credit for.
I would call shooting 6.3% over a series when LeBron was guarding the "MVP" a shutdown job. The Heat play the same brand of defense regardless of who is on the floor, by your logic Rose's shooting % should at the very least be comparable, yet its not even close. And that's just one series. The Bulls ride Rose like no other team rides one star and they consistently get dismantled by LeBron on defense. Rose plays above average when LeBron goes off, then when switched back on is silent.

And dont even get me started on offense. Bulls simple won't score enough against a playoff LeBron team.

It doesn't only go for the Bulls, any team that rides its stars struggles with LeBron because he outshines them.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I would call shooting 6.3% over a series when LeBron was guarding the "MVP" a shutdown job. The Heat play the same brand of defense regardless of who is on the floor, by your logic Rose's shooting % should at the very least be comparable, yet its not even close. And that's just one series. The Bulls ride Rose like no other team rides one star and they consistently get dismantled by LeBron on defense. Rose plays above average when LeBron goes off, then when switched back on is silent.

And dont even get me started on offense. Bulls simple won't score enough against a playoff LeBron team.

It doesn't only go for the Bulls, any team that rides its stars struggles with LeBron because he outshines them.

Cherry picking a small sample size over one series means very little, which would have been about 5 possessions at most and not to mention that was the first time the Bulls went to the ECF.

We've got a different offensive system now focused on ball movement that's surrounded with three point shooting and an actual low post threat in Gasol that commands a double team, it's not going to be as easy as trapping Rose anymore.

Chicago is a good chance of knocking off Cleveland (health permitting obviously).

Magpie Monopoly

A Good Bloke
Jul 11, 2014
Syria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
Cherry picking a small sample size over one series means very little, which would have been about 5 possessions at most and not to mention that was the first time the Bulls went to the ECF.

We've got a different offensive system now focused on ball movement that's surrounded with three point shooting and an actual low post threat in Gasol that commands a double team, it's not going to be as easy as trapping Rose anymore.

Chicago is a good chance of knocking off Cleveland (health permitting obviously).

He averaged 6.3% OVER THE WHOLE SERIES while LeBron was guarding him. 5 games. Yes, it was the first time they were playing in the ECF but Rose had just come off an MVP season and you'd expect more than that.

I understand as a Bulls fan, theres plenty to be optimistic about. Rose coming back, acquiring Pau and some nice young talent. However i feel people are getting ahead of themselves with the Bulls. As a neutral fan its hard to ignore 4-1, 4-1, 4-1 for the Bulls against Lebron at the Cavs and at the Heat and the exceptional job LeBron does in those series. I'd like to see someone come out of the east and challenge the Cavs, i'm just skeptical.

If Rose averages 18 and 10 instead of like 23 and 7 i think they are in with a shot, however from what ive seen from the preseason (a small sample i know) it seems their offense is going to be Derrick Rose vs 5 guys every night, which works for 28 other teams because he's gifted, just think LeBron is too good for 1 vs 5

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
He averaged 6.3% OVER THE WHOLE SERIES while LeBron was guarding him. 5 games. Yes, it was the first time they were playing in the ECF but Rose had just come off an MVP season and you'd expect more than that.

Where he guarded him for about 5 possessions solo, the rest was spent swarming Rose in the trap.

I understand as a Bulls fan, theres plenty to be optimistic about. Rose coming back, acquiring Pau and some nice young talent. However i feel people are getting ahead of themselves with the Bulls. As a neutral fan its hard to ignore 4-1, 4-1, 4-1 for the Bulls against Lebron at the Cavs and at the Heat and the exceptional job LeBron does in those series. I'd like to see someone come out of the east and challenge the Cavs, i'm just skeptical.

The first series against the Cavs was a young team that never had a hope of getting by the Cavs.

If you sat down and actually watched that series against the Heat, the 4-1 doesn't show how close that series actually was and not to mention how horribly officiated games 2 and 5 were in favour of the Heat. Also LeBron was not the one responsible for the Heat winning that series, he was pretty average but it was Dwyane Wade that ripped Chicago apart.

Now if you are really going to include a series that featured a Bulls team missing Derrick Rose, Luol Deng, Kirk Hinrich and Joakim Noah battling through plantar fasciitis and use that against them then I'll just roll my eyes.

If Rose averages 18 and 10 instead of like 23 and 7 i think they are in with a shot, however from what ive seen from the preseason (a small sample i know) it seems their offense is going to be Derrick Rose vs 5 guys every night, which works for 28 other teams because he's gifted, just think LeBron is too good for 1 vs 5

Then you haven't been watching Chicago as our offense has not been Rose vs 5 guys, Rose has barely played 20 minutes a game this pre-season apart from tonight.

Magpie Monopoly

A Good Bloke
Jul 11, 2014
Syria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
Then you haven't been watching Chicago as our offense has not been Rose vs 5 guys, Rose has barely played 20 minutes a game this pre-season apart from tonight.

Since you seem unable to acknowledge the fact Rose and the Bulls always struggle against whichever team LeBron is playing for, how about you tell me exactly why I should believe things are different this time round? So different that being consecutively dismantled suddenly means nothing?

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Since you seem unable to acknowledge the fact Rose and the Bulls always struggle against whichever team LeBron is playing for, how about you tell me exactly why I should believe things are different this time round? So different that being consecutively dismantled suddenly means nothing?

I'm not saying Chicago don't struggle with LeBron, I'm arguing against the thought of them having "zero chance" against the Cavs which is idiotic.

I also repeat go back and watch the 2011 series and if you think they were "dismantled" then there's something wrong with you.

Magpie Monopoly

A Good Bloke
Jul 11, 2014
Syria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
I'm not saying Chicago don't struggle with LeBron, I'm arguing against the thought of them having "zero chance" against the Cavs which is idiotic.

I also repeat go back and watch the 2011 series and if you think they were "dismantled" then there's something wrong with you.

The Bulls kept the games close because they are a low scoring team. They try to grind teams down. Unfortunately both Wade and Lebron closed out every game that was close, and the Bulls couldnt do a thing about it. Every team that tries to ride their stars into series against LeBrons teams always goes down and that's exactly what the Bulls do. Trying to make it a battle of star talent vs the Big 3 in Miami or even worse, the Cavs team now is never going to work. Rose loves to play hero ball.

I still haven't heard a valid reason as to why this year will be different to the past 4 encounters.

Drumroe

Premiership Player
May 9, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
The Bulls kept the games close because they are a low scoring team. They try to grind teams down. Unfortunately both Wade and Lebron closed out every game that was close, and the Bulls couldnt do a thing about it. Every team that tries to ride their stars into series against LeBrons teams always goes down and that's exactly what the Bulls do. Trying to make it a battle of star talent vs the Big 3 in Miami or even worse, the Cavs team now is never going to work. Rose loves to play hero ball.

I still haven't heard a valid reason as to why this year will be different to the past 4 encounters.

Well firstly, it's a different encounter because Lebron now plays for a different team. Of the 24 players that played in the Heat v Bulls ECF there are only 6 players who would take the court on this game, and both teams have different coaches. So the chances of it being the exact same, with Bulls having 0 chance is ridiculous.

Magpie Monopoly

A Good Bloke
Jul 11, 2014
Syria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
Well firstly, it's a different encounter because Lebron now plays for a different team. Of the 24 players that played in the Heat v Bulls ECF there are only 6 players who would take the court on this game, and both teams have different coaches. So the chances of it being the exact same, with Bulls having 0 chance is ridiculous.
Tom Thibodeau was and is still coach, safe to assume his offensive and defensive schemes are the same, very defensively minded. David Blatt has shown he can coach, more impressive than Mike Brown ever was.

Yes, the teams are very different, but the Bulls were realistically as good as they were going to get in 2011. Can't expect much more than 62 wins. Don't really hear anything that makes me believe the Bulls are suddenly so much better and suddenly have LeBron figured out

Back