NXT Discussion Thread (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Also, I liked seeing Buddy Murphy actually getting a bit of offense in his match this week along with the commentators hyping him and Wesley Blake up a bit
A wrap from the big guy of NXT:

I only just learned Matt Silva took the name Buddy because of his favourite AFL footballer. Seems to have a slight translation problem in the US (basically, as non-threatening as something like Chap which may work against him) so it might be in his best interest to change it.

Oct 1, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, West Perth, All Blacks
What matches have they announced so far?
Sami Zayn vs Adrian Neville - Career vs Title
The Ascension vs Hideo Itami & Finn Balor
Charlotte vs Sasha - NXT Women's Championship
Lucha Dragons vs The Vaudevillains - NXT Tag Team Championship

And it's possible that there might be something between Baron Corbin and Bull Dempsey

The NXT Title match is interesting, if Zayn wins I would expect Steen to show up.

That looks like a great card.

You would think if it's a career match then they would have Sami win. It's about time Adrian dropped the title anyway as well as Charlotte with the women's title.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
I only just learned Matt Silva took the name Buddy because of his favourite AFL footballer. Seems to have a slight translation problem in the US (basically, as non-threatening as something like Chap which may work against him) so it might be in his best interest to change it.

How is the name/term "Buddy" considered "threatening" in Australian culture?

How is the name/term "Buddy" considered "threatening" in Australian culture?
Maybe I didn't use the right word. No, definitely didn't use the right word.

How do I put it ... I don't know how to put it. I read American opinions on how the name just doesn't sound suitable to them. Maybe they get South Park vibes from it. Buddeh.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Maybe I didn't use the right word. No, definitely didn't use the right word.

How do I put it ... I don't know how to put it. I read American opinions on how the name just doesn't sound suitable to them. Maybe they get South Park vibes from it. Buddeh.

Or they could think of 'The Nature Boy' Buddy Rogers, one of the great old-time wrestlers.

I think his general lack of anything particularly interesting about him hurts him far more than his name at this point. There's just no reason to care about him so far.

Or they could think of 'The Nature Boy' Buddy Rogers, one of the great old-time wrestlers.

I think his general lack of anything particularly interesting about him hurts him far more than his name at this point. There's just no reason to care about him so far.
Very true. Also very ashamed that also missed me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 1, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, West Perth, All Blacks
Like Jordan quoted? :p

Wow, completely missed it... the perils of skimming.

Hopefully Steen debuts at the next batch of tapings, which i'm unreliably informed is early next month

Wow, completely missed it... the perils of skimming.

Hopefully Steen debuts at the next batch of tapings, which i'm unreliably informed is early next month
You're interested enough to find out which is always a good thing.

Given what I know about the recent batch of tapings, I'm waiting for more Buddy Murphy to be televised.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back