Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 25, 2010
Meekatharra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors NBA Champions
s**t brick wrote in his article today that the Norwood Football Club "tried to adopt the Crows with the 1995 push to move them from West Lakes to The Parade. It would be interesting to play the “sliding doors” game with that plan. What if that campaign had succeeded?"

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...s-greater-praise/story-fnia3nqh-1227101132279

I had not heard this before and I wonder how far this adoption between the two clubs evolved.

Saying that, in all likelihood - it didn't get very far at all and the SANFL put a stop to it very early. However, it is an interesting dilemma from a Crows fan point of view and I imagine at the time , it would have been a very hard decision to stay supporting the club. 1995 was the second poor year in a row, only 5 short years of history to hold onto, no premierships and declining membership base.

Had the crows board agreed to moved to the Parade, what would have the ramifications been in this state and would non Norwood fans stayed loyal at the club.

As a Norwood fan, I would have stayed supporting the club buit what about the other 7 clubs.

Rooch just trolling crows again as more chance of aliens landing from mars. Obviously struggling for off season articles to fill the paper.

Would never become Norwood crows as would alienate the vast majority of the supporter base which would have led to the death of the crows.

The ever trolling Rucci.

Also if you Google Norwood Crows this article comes up from 2011.

The Norwood Crows
  • MICHELANGELO RUCCI
  • THE ADVERTISER
  • JUNE 10, 2011 2:05PM
A POSSIBLE letter on the failure of a composite team to the SA Football Commission.

HEADLINE: REVEALED: The Norwood Crows

CONFIDENTIAL

To: Jamie Coppins, SA Football Commission

Date: 1/6/2011

Re: Failure of Composite Supporter Base

Dear Jamie,

There is no easy way to say this. The composite model - "The Team For All South Australians" - has failed.

The Adelaide Crows, despite the catchment of nine SANFL supporter bases (we found some Port Adelaide Magpie fans who became very confused between 1991-96), cannot continue in their current format and we will recommend in our paper to the commission that they be rebranded and rebadged and relocated before football moves to Adelaide Oval in 2014.

Our study has revealed the composite model at the Adelaide Football Club that served the Crows so well has collapsed. Since 2007,

MEMBERSHIP has fallen by 6000.

HOME ATTENDANCES have fallen by 5000.

PROFITS have dried up - and the club is tracking to a $1-2 million dollar loss this year, more than $3 million down on 2007 figures.

At this rate, the Adelaide Crows will reach Adelaide Oval in 2014 in the very same crisis state at the Port Adelaide Football Club.

The working party has considered several options as detailed in the attachment to this cover note. The unanimous conclusion of the committee is the recommendation the Adelaide Football Club be rebadged as the NORWOOD CROWS and be based at Norwood Oval.

The advantages are:

A TRADITIONAL supporter base - and we urge the Crows carry "1878" on the back of a redesigned jumper to meet public demand for an "authentic" look to a football club.

THE SANFL Norwood Redlegs be annexed to form a "One Club" replica - and this will assist Nathan Bassett in his preparation to replace Neil Craig as the Crows' coach.

AN IDEAL location on The Parade for Norwood Crows fans to use before and after games at Adelaide Oval - with the football club to complete a purchase for the RSL club on Wood Street to establish as a social base.

A TOTAL clear-out of the SANFL West Lakes precinct so the commission can sell off all the property around AAMI Stadium to underwrite South Australian league and community football.

Our studies reveal stripping the composite model back to a singular supporter base will underpin the Norwood Crows Football Club for the next century. Appendix D revises and updates the figures from the league's 1982 report recommending SA enter the VFL with a Port Adelaide and Norwood double. There are complications is combining the history of the Norwood and Adelaide football clubs from 1990, but we are consulting the Brisbane Football Club (AFL) to understand how the Fitzroy and Brisbane Bears stories were brought together.

The Working Party has listed on Appendix 2 the financial modelling for the Norwood Crows in the AFL and Norwood Redlegs in the SANFL.

Our presentation to the full commission will be complete by June 17.

APPENDIX I

ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB 2007-2011

COLLAPSE OF COMPOSITE MODEL

YEAR CROWDS MEMBERS PROFIT

2007 41,992 50,976 $2,212,815

2008 40,678 48,720 $1,675,376

2009 38,801 46,472 $98,652

2010 35,766 45,545 -$882,130

2011 36,089 44,456 -$1-2m

FALL -5000 -6000 -$3m

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/the-norwood-crows/story-fn83zgrc-1226073070558

Awesome - another thread turned into a bitch fest about Rucci.

It would be nice where we didn't make him the main target of discussion and just investigate the theme of the thread.

It would be nice where we didn't make him the main target of discussion and just investigate the theme of the thread.
An imaginary letter..........

Theme repeated 3 years later. ... Surely his poor journslistic standards deserve a whack everytime they fall below acceptable levels. .....

Or is this supposed to be a Norwood "look how good we are fap fest" thread?

If the Crows ever went to a SANFL club at any stage I'd have stopped supporting.

Would agree if there was an semblance of truth in the article...

BTW you open the piece with "s**t Brick" as his name. ...

Then criticize others for getting stuck in.

p7pxe.jpg

alex well and truly owned. Haven't seen one that good for a while!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy choice for mine - being a long suffering West Adelaide tragic with 3 generations of Port hatred in my family, I was well used to supporting Norwood as a neutral in finals or other big games they played v Port.

Would not have been too much of a leap to get on Norwood as an AFL side.

So 3 articles in the paper with Rucci's name to them and all of them needing to tap on about Port.

We get it Rucci - Port are awesome, Port are the best, we all want to be like Port. Get over yourself you tool.
Bone also having an enormous fap fest on Port this morning in the Sunday rag

Let em fap on about Port all they want!

We'll just get our s**t done, no media leaks, keep it quiet. All while we build the best footy department in the land and then BAM

We'll overtake Port again (on field) and crush them off field like the little brother they are and the club's (read: Roo's) actions will be justified in this off season

Good to see a number of poster read past the first 2 words. Don't know about the imaginary letter that was written but the take over bid was in 1995.

1995 was the context of the paragraph and with the beginning of the club, only a few years earlier and Port Power just coming in - would this have changed your legion of support?

However, like most threads on this board - the topic doesn't get discussed because as soon as Rucci is identified as the author of the article, they just use that as an opportunity to talk stupid smack about him.

I was under the impression, this was the Adelaide Crows board and the objective was to discuss the Adelaide Crows? However, at first chance a number of posters took great pleasure in posting horse s**t meme or stupid come backs about a post trying to keep this thread on track. Reading past the first 2 words must be a massive challenge for some.

Anyway, s**t brick, rucci, Michaelangelo Rucci or even implying the article came from the Advertiser would set a number of buffoons off on this board - therefore, to say I was 'owned' is complete nonsense based on the fact that some don't actually read his article, just his name and them make their own mid up about the article, paragraph or snippet of witting. So blow it out of your lower passage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back