Redbacks 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Read in the paper today that Shaun Tait is likely to play in all Shield games at Adelaide Oval this year because we have struggled getting the tail out in previous seasons. Will be interesting.... hopefully he can do just that though
Very interesting that. I'm assuming he's only playing at Adelaide Oval because of his body?

Very interesting that. I'm assuming he's only playing at Adelaide Oval because of his body?

Think it's more because he's a wicket taker on such a flat track. Wouldn't really make sense doing it because his body as our first 3 games of the season are at home.

Cosgrove has been dropped from the squad and Tait is out injured. Mennie, Worrall and K Smith have been added to the squad.

Cosgrove has been dropped from the squad and Tait is out injured. Mennie, Worrall and K Smith have been added to the squad.

Yay, if we were in contention i'd be happy to keep Cossie in there. No point Tait playing if he is going to play in the shield and Kelvin Smith and Mennie deserve their chances and as for Worrall no fan of his...

Who are these 10 senior players out of our side Chuck is talking about?

Can only name Botha, Hughes, McDonald, Ludeman and Richardson.

Exaggeration (I hope), no way was there 10 out when we had first choice options in Ferguson, Cooper, Putland etc. still playing. Maybe add Mennie onto the list and that would be it.

Exaggeration (I hope), no way was there 10 out when we had first choice options in Ferguson, Cooper, Putland etc. still playing. Maybe add Mennie onto the list and that would be it.
Really clutching at straws.

Chuck should really cut the excuses and cop our terrible performances on the chin.

Cosgrove has been dropped from the squad and Tait is out injured.

andre-giant-choke.gif

Me meeting with the ******* DUMB campaigner who signed those 2 buffoons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are everyone's throughts on Zampa?

I'm a big fan after seeing him bowl a bit last season and previously for NSW. His ability to spin the ball both ways and as far as he does is exciting. That said he hasn't had much impact at FC level thus far. Anyone know where he's at? I think he's the one we should be really nurturing for Australia in future.

I'm a big fan after seeing him bowl a bit last season and previously for NSW. His ability to spin the ball both ways and as far as he does is exciting. That said he hasn't had much impact at FC level thus far. Anyone know where he's at? I think he's the one we should be really nurturing for Australia in future.
Yep: I've got similar thoughts about him - if he takes a bag of wickets against Queensland next weekend, he'll surely be in the frame for higher honours at some stage. Maybe the national selectors have him in mind the tour England next year if he has a successful domestic summer.

Bowls a bit flat (round arm action) and isn't a prodigious turner of the ball. Have noticed slight changes in his action, but not with much improvement just yet. Too early to say.

Anyone know if the players in the T20I squad will play the first shield match? because I doubt they will as the first T20 is November 5th with the shield matches finishing on the 3rd. That would mean Queensland are without Boyce, Reardon and Cutting for the first game against us and we are without Richardson and Hughes of course

Anyone know if the players in the T20I squad will play the first shield match? because I doubt they will as the first T20 is November 5th with the shield matches finishing on the 3rd. That would mean Queensland are without Boyce, Reardon and Cutting for the first game against us and we are without Richardson and Hughes of course
I reckon they'll play. Number of players have short turn arounds like this, some even from overseas. So I'm sure they'll play as it's only a Twenty20 they'll be backing up for.

I reckon they'll play. Number of players have short turn arounds like this, some even from overseas. So I'm sure they'll play as it's only a Twenty20 they'll be backing up for.

2 days though? tough ask although NSW will struggle to field a side if they aren't playing

Is Richardson actually in your first choice Shield attack?

2 days though? tough ask although NSW will struggle to field a side if they aren't playing
It really wouldn't be that tough one professionals like these. In the Matador Cup they constantly played pretty close to every 2 days. I know that isn't 4 days in a row but that's still a fair effort. I don't see why they would struggle to get up for a Twenty20.

It really wouldn't be that tough one professionals like these. In the Matador Cup they constantly played pretty close to every 2 days. I know that isn't 4 days in a row but that's still a fair effort. I don't see why they would struggle to get up for a Twenty20.

Hmm, that wouldn't be much of a problem but going from playing a 4-day match on the Monday finishing at 6 to then having to back that up with a T20I 2 nighta later I don't know but we will have to wait and see I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back