List Mgmt. Simpson Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many of us on here perhaps have dreamed of what it'd be like to be an AFL footballer. We all certainly speak as if we 'know what it takes'. Then a kid like Josh achieves that dream to a greater degree than most of us yet we then question why he couldn't sustain it for our purposes and put it down to issues of immaturity, family, cultural, attidudinal etc etc. While I had many challenges at that age, thank christ every man, woman and their dogs weren't analysing them.

Josh needs the guy with a toothpick.

The Swans recruited a money hungry grub in Tiprat and old Buddy (who, to be fair, I don't really hate – he doesn't king hit citizens, doesn't do anything other than what any other 20-something multi-millionaire would) and still get paraded as having a great culture. Not to mention old Hanners having tickets when he was 17. It's all a load of s**t. People will wax lyrical about having decent dudes, and in all honesty, Fremantle have never had too many bad people representing them – far less than other sides. And that's something to be happy about, but everyone would cash that in for premierships yet nobody wants to accept that: that, basically, it's akin to saying "well, at least we have our own home ground!" when comparing the Suns to Collingwood. It's illogical and pointless, even if nice.

Sylvia is a man who went to court for hitting a woman. I always remember even the most hardened of pricks looking down on that. Rightfully. It's heinous. But the fact everyone lets this go by, but smugly looks down on the Eagles for picking up Darling (who it seems you can ask 10 people what the story is, and they'll tell you 10 different stories backed up with "mate, I know the guy who caught him, it's absolutely true, no lie, this bloke would not lie"). Sure, the Eagles are scummy, but they also won a flag with a bunch of scummy pricks
On the flip side, West Coast have done nothing since they recruited "the knob". While we have gone backwards since Colin came. Sydney also got smashed in the GF.

Maybe there is something in this culture business that clubs go on about. It won't win you every battle but I think it will win you the war.

So many of us on here perhaps have dreamed of what it'd be like to be an AFL footballer. We all certainly speak as if we 'know what it takes'. Then a kid like Josh achieves that dream to a greater degree than most of us yet we then question why he couldn't sustain it for our purposes and put it down to issues of immaturity, family, cultural, attidudinal etc etc. While I had many challenges at that age, thank christ every man, woman and their dogs weren't analysing them.

Josh needs the guy with a toothpick.

Is the AFL the Baldies? Are we the Baldies? This could also represent to psychological turmoil going on inside Josh.

Sad to have seen the news on Josh the other day. Still wonder if it's a smoke screen to re-rookie list him by scaring off other clubs. Sad because it's no fun to see someone with promise lose their job and possibly, livelihood. As I've posted before, though, footballer or not, I hope the kid finds himself and lives a fulfilling life.

Sad to have seen the news on Josh the other day. Still wonder if it's a smoke screen to re-rookie list him by scaring off other clubs. Sad because it's no fun to see someone with promise lose their job and possibly, livelihood. As I've posted before, though, footballer or not, I hope the kid finds himself and lives a fulfilling life.

Not impossible Gill, but the rhetoric from the club was leaning towards the definitive-and-unequivocal side of things. The club would look indecisive and confused if it was to rookie him in the wake of its recent comments.

If they do rookie Josh, it would probably be in another year or two - after he had sorted his head out and demonstrated renewed commitment on the field.

Last edited:
On the flip side, West Coast have done nothing since they recruited "the knob". While we have gone backwards since Colin came. Sydney also got smashed in the GF.

Maybe there is something in this culture business that clubs go on about. It won't win you every battle but I think it will win you the war.

So Brian Lake and Jordan Lewis are top blokes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toby Stribbling would have to rate a mention too.

Was he able to be picked up by the club for absolutely nothing as a zone selection before the draft only for us to waste a first round pick (pick 7 no less) on him, then promptly delist him before the season?

Yeah, nah. Nothing beats the drafting incompetence on display in the selection of Ben Edwards. Easily our worst f**k up.

Or Clayton Collard.

No, Collard was a bust, but not in the Edwards category.

Firstly, Collard was a 2nd round pick (in the 30's ISTR), secondly, he had lots of ability, certainly AFL level, and could have possibly made it if he had something remotely resembling work-ethic and mental application. Thirdly, at least he actually made it on to an AFL field in an actual game. Edwards didn't even get past his first pre-season.

Thoughts on Peter Bell? ;)

That has nothing to do with it.
I'm a pragmatist.

You see, I am prepared to go against the sheep mentality on the Peter Bell myth.
Any people on here with a genuine knowledge of the game will agree with me, privately.

It is not being negative . I am simply challenging the myth. Always will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back