Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That may be so but if money is lost and names tarnished I think they would try and take down everyone. I know I would anyway.

Litt_Up.jpg
I love da Litt !!

Mar 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sick of the stupid players already. I hope they all get 2 year bans - not answering the SC notices is a sign that they are taking advice from Essendon again. "Ohh, they have nothing guys, we can beat this easy in the Tribunal". Nodding yes yes yes to everything whispered in their ears. They don't deserve any kind of leniency at all, these are the same group of people who were represented in the Federal court and went along with Essendon's case. Throw the book at them.

I think Baumy has hit the nail on the head here.....try to think of the whole saga from this angle.
I personally enjoy the pain the club and numpty supporters experience from this whole shebang........but players I really do feel for. It could have been my son playing for them at the time. Jobe Watson on national TV, says he took the bad stuff not knowing it was illegal. I think many players are focusing on preparing to sue the club (privately)

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/of-ticking-boxes-and-ticking-bombs-20141024-11b9cc.html

Mar 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Out of interest you crazy, goofy kids, what do you think would be an appropriate penalty (assuming you don't think the existing whack was enough)?
  1. Players banned for 1 year.
  2. Players banned, are free to look to join other clubs that will take good care of them in the remaining years of their football life ( once they've served their bans).
  3. No compensation draft picks (minimum 10 yrs) due to the fact the club has only themselves to blame. Carlton served its penance and they're still paying for it. Your pain should be at least double what they've experienced.
After that Im happy for you to pick of the pieces again.

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have seen a lot of s**t trucks play footy, some of them in North jumpers, but it is hard to think of a more useless hack to ever wander onto a field than that jar of chutney.

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They could jam twice what Ben Johnson got and a big dose of the drug that killed River Phoenix and it still wouldn't make Ariel Steinberg worth the steam off LT's piss.

LT Smash

Premiership Player
Jul 30, 2011
Ogdenville
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have seen a lot of s**t trucks play footy, some of them in North jumpers, but it is hard to think of a more useless hack to ever wander onto a field than that jar of chutney.

He will be patrolling the back line alongside James Gwilt next season. If only they'd recruited Zac Dawson, that would be the holy trinity of numptiness.

MaddAdam

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He will be patrolling the back line alongside James Gwilt next season. If only they'd recruited Zac Dawson, that would be the holy trinity of numptiness.

Don't they have Hayden Skipworth as a development coach?

Imagine the attack from the back ... GWILT, GWILT takes it, hands off to Steinberg who falls over accidentally creatively underneath a player the ball bounces free Dawson takes it to Duckworth who goes over the top to SKIPWORTH and now the baby Bombers are bursting through the middle!

MaddAdam

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pack of drug cheating pricks.

MaddAdam

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can we please, as a club, lobby the AFL to have future Essendon father/sons checked for webbed toes etc?

Can we please, as a club, lobby the AFL to have future Essendon father/sons checked for webbed toes etc?

So in summary, MaddAdam, having closely reviewed the situation down there at *essendon, you've been overcome by waves and waves of sympathy.

Incidentally, having done your research, can you fill us in on who mounted Eddie to produce Ariel?

MaddAdam

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Now the Hird/Archer medal has fallen into abeyance, not sure why, maybe RINES can help or JADE, can we have the Ben McDevitt Medal for best on ground when we play the scum?

MaddAdam

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hahaha, McDevitt "recommends" the penalty. Then the AFL has to decide whether to follow his call or not.

LT Smash

Premiership Player
Jul 30, 2011
Ogdenville
AFL Club
North Melbourne
"The sensitivity that surrounds allegations of doping can affect the reputation and career of an athlete or support person. It is for this reason I will only issue a notice where I believe sufficient evidence is present.... Based on the advice of our legal counsel, including the architect of the code, and a review of the evidence by a former Federal Court judge, I reached the conclusion that these players have a case to answer under the code." Ben McDevitt

But, but, but... weren't we told he was definitely bluffing?

You will get 6 months. Should be longer - and your whack was for governance - the doping whack is still to come.

I'll bet you two packets of twisties and a 7 Eleven ham sandwich that no players get doping penalties.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
After all the bluster, the one substance they stand accused of taking is one they had no way of knowing they were being administered - that is, they were never told they were receiving TB4.

Agreed on all counts here.

Also why doesn't Corcoran get a *?

Noooooo not agreed at all.

Nah not highly likely at all. In fact, I'm starting to lean towards highly unlikely.

$10m eh? What made you come up with that figure?
You do know every doper has an excuse - and most play the "I didn't know card".

You're guessing that the players did not know they were taking something they shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back