No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KGBeast

Club Legend
May 17, 2012
Frankston
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Kansas City Chiefs,
I maintain that the entire issuance of show causes was a play to elicit confessions from players. That is why McDoodleburger insists on drawing it out. He knows that his case is ****ed at a hearing.

Go_Blues!

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Carlton
I maintain that the entire issuance of show causes was a play to elicit confessions from players. That is why McDoodleburger insists on drawing it out. He knows that his case is ****** at a hearing.

Without arguing your point, I find this unlikely. ASADA are bound by their own statute and SC notices can only be issued if there are grounds for possible rule violations. The standard of proof for SC notices is very low and I believe that ASADA were simply acting under their own statute.

I understand that this is an unpopular view on this site and I also understand that I am a guest on your thread but I do struggle with the anti-ASADA rhetoric on here. They are not trying to stitch your boys up, they are just following a process that rightly or wrongly, the AFL subscribed to. Now, it is very clear to me that the WADA code can't be directly applied to team sports and this case has reinforced that, however it is what it is and the AFL ratified it. It also strikes me as interesting that the EPL has not ratified the WADA code but FIFA has. Not implying anything but it is interesting for all the wrong reasons.

rines

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Sep 28, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
Without arguing your point, I find this unlikely. ASADA are bound by their own statute and SC notices can only be issued if there are grounds for possible rule violations. The standard of proof for SC notices is very low and I believe that ASADA were simply acting under their own statute.

I understand that this is an unpopular view on this site and I also understand that I am a guest on your thread but I do struggle with the anti-ASADA rhetoric on here. They are not trying to stitch your boys up, they are just following a process that rightly or wrongly, the AFL subscribed to. Now, it is very clear to me that the WADA code can't be directly applied to team sports and this case has reinforced that, however it is what it is and the AFL ratified it. It also strikes me as interesting that the EPL has not ratified the WADA code but FIFA has. Not implying anything but it is interesting for all the wrong reasons.
Sorry but I'm sick of your pro-ASADA rants.. they have farked this up from start to finish...

The CEO comes out and suggests that it is 'hard' for players to prove innocence.. when in FACT it is 'hard' for ASADA to prove guilt when their is no positive test.. I understand Middleton didn't support that the investigation was illegal.. however it was a close run thing.. and it SHOULD NOT be a 'close run' thing.. and there were several items that, once bought to light, are shocking.

You yourself had not picked up on the fact that at national Anti-Doping body had 'added in' LEGAL supplements to make it 'look better' in an interim report purely written (and mostly by AFL) to try and 'line up ducks' to get EFC support staff.

These are not the actions of an organisation that is operating as it should. McDumbnuts is embarrassing himself AND putting anti-doping back 20 years in this country by making a joke.

C R E A M

Draftee
Oct 14, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Sorry but I'm sick of your pro-ASADA rants.. they have farked this up from start to finish...

The CEO comes out and suggests that it is 'hard' for players to prove innocence.. when in FACT it is 'hard' for ASADA to prove guilt when their is no positive test.. I understand Middleton didn't support that the investigation was illegal.. however it was a close run thing.. and it SHOULD NOT be a 'close run' thing.. and there were several items that, once bought to light, are shocking.

You yourself had not picked up on the fact that at national Anti-Doping body had 'added in' LEGAL supplements to make it 'look better' in an interim report purely written (and mostly by AFL) to try and 'line up ducks' to get EFC support staff.

These are not the actions of an organisation that is operating as it should. McDumbnuts is embarrassing himself AND putting anti-doping back 20 years in this country by making a joke.

He's just putting forward an opinion in a coherent and non confrontational fashion, which is something we should all welcome regardless of whether we agree with said opinion or not, given the absolute lack of anything non confrontational or coherent on the HTB. No need to be so aggressive.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Richard Ings ‏@ringsau 54m54 minutes ago
Ping @wada_ama I hope you are watching this Athletes don't prove their innocence. NADO's prove guilt.

It reads to me that the answer to the question he was asked, "how difficult would it be for the players to prove their innocence", was already known & was asked simply to help sensationalise what otherwise is a boring nothing article.

Shouldn't the question asked have been - "How difficult will it be for ASADA to prove before the AFL's anti-doping tribunal that the players have committed doping violations?"

Just more pissweak 'reporting'

Dan Cooper

Victory Salute
Sep 26, 2013
Red Corner
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boxing
Richard Ings on SEN Friday morning pointed the finger at Ben McDevitt having used the "justice delayed is justice denied" quote early in his involvement in the Essendon case.

I interpret McDevitt to have really meant penalty delayed is justice denied.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I have no issue with Go_Blues! (I feel dirty just typing that) opinion but the title of the thread says strictly Essendon supporters only. Why is one random opposition supporter being allowed to post here? There is a whole HTB he can post in. IMO it's just Essendon supporters or open to all. Not, "You can post here if we like you and your opinions".

I have no issue with Go_Blues! (I feel dirty just typing that) opinion but the title of the thread says strictly Essendon supporters only. Why is one random opposition supporter being allowed to post here? There is a whole HTB he can post in. IMO it's just Essendon supporters or open to all. Not, "You can post here if we like you and your opinions".

Reality is most of us, including the mods would like opposition posters to post here - but for every good poster there are a dozen ******* trolling imbeciles they have to deal with.

The poster you are referring to is fine. Its not because I agree with him, hes just not trolling so I see no need to remove him.

Apr 30, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

Agree. NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS at all.

... except the GG from the HTB. The only one to defend us from the hilt and battle the barrage of foamers.

Do not believe all are on our side even if they claim to be. I think some have a hidden agenda masquerading as friends spreading bullshit.

Agree. NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS at all.

... except the GG from the HTB. The only one to defend us from the hilt and battle the barrage of foamers.

Do not believe all are on our side even if they claim to be. I think some have a hidden agenda masquerading as friends spreading bullshit.

It doesn't really bother me if they are 'on our side'.

As long as they aren't trolling I don't really mind if they have a different opinion.

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
i wandered into bf this morning half asleep and saw a thread named #sympathy for the bombers on the front page.... oh cool i thought as a wiped my eyes, i wandered in there..like a lamb to the slaughter evidently...it was like one of those horror films when the person walks into the darkened room, the lightning flashes and revelals dead bodies hanging every where. i was part repulsed part furious as it turned out to be a norf thread unloading on us.. by the time id mashed at the exit button several times to escape i must confess that a few of the posts seeped in... wow

im glad ive been sheletered from the real foamers out there - ill take the educated ones that occasionaly sneak in her any day.

Matthew_Lloyd

Premiership Player
Apr 27, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
I too don't have a problem with Go_Blues posting in here. He has been one of the few reasonable opposition posters, and hasn't been using faux moral outrage to troll. No need to become defensive just because someone has a differing opinion to you

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
I too don't have a problem with Go_Blues posting in here. He has been one of the few reasonable opposition posters, and hasn't been using faux moral outrage to troll. No need to become defensive just because someone has a differing opinion to you

dont forget 17 others sets of club fans have a differing opinion of us, only some have the capacity to succint it in a way that is palatable to us.

I have no problem with Go_Blues! posting in this thread.

He has, since this story broke, provided level-headed thinking and solid points on both this board and others. Whilst I understand the concern, be sound in the knowledge that if there were any underlying or contradicting thoughts about through any opposition poster, we would know, and we would remove them.

Now, play on.

expires

Club Legend
May 20, 2014
vic
AFL Club
Essendon

with you. when a line is drawn a line is drawn.

60sbomber

Club Legend
Jul 4, 2011
Frankston
AFL Club
Essendon

Go_Blues! is being ridiculously kind to ASADA in trying to claim that they are following the correct process and just doing their job.
Rines post above is all true and all accurate.
In addition, you could add -
1. ASADA participation in the deal making and meetings predetermining outcomes and punishments that took place at the beginning of the saga.
2. The disgraceful, inaccurate and potentially harmful interrogation method that had Ryder and McVeigh advised that their unborn children were in danger.
3. The deals that ASADA have already offered (without providing details of the evidence) to attempt to get players to plead guilty to charges under duress.
4. The collusion with the NRL in blackmailng the Cronulla players into accepting a deal under threat of suspension for an unlimited time (the duration of hearings), if they did not accept the deal.
5. The refusal of ASADA to present the evidence to players to allow them to judge how they should proceed.
6. The unnecessary delays ASADA are currently indulging in, in an attempt to put additional time pressure on the players.

I'm sorry Go_Blues!, but these are not the actions of a reputable agency legitimately performing its function.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Go_Blues! is being ridiculously kind to ASADA in trying to claim that they are following the correct process and just doing their job.
Rines post above is all true and all accurate.
In addition, you could add -
1. ASADA participation in the deal making and meetings predetermining outcomes and punishments that took place at the beginning of the saga.
2. The disgraceful, inaccurate and potentially harmful interrogation method that had Ryder and McVeigh advised that their unborn children were in danger.
3. The deals that ASADA have already offered (without providing details of the evidence) to attempt to get players to plead guilty to charges under duress.
4. The collusion with the NRL in blackmailng the Cronulla players into accepting a deal under threat of suspension for an unlimited time (the duration of hearings), if they did not accept the deal.
5. The refusal of ASADA to present the evidence to players to allow them to judge how they should proceed.
6. The unnecessary delays ASADA are currently indulging in, in an attempt to put additional time pressure on the players.

I'm sorry Go_Blues!, but these are not the actions of a reputable agency legitimately performing its function.

& add to that the narky public commentary McD has now stooped to. He does himself & his agency no favours whatsoever with such an approach.

Eleven 38

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 22, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Canucks, Cowboys, Renegades
Maybe ASADA are following procedure, but the way their CEO is is going about things is a disgrace, our players are not criminals, they are profesional athletes, i dont think Mcdeadshit can differentiate between the two. he needs to take the cop/beer goggles off because he either thinks hes still a cop or drunk or both.

Jul 23, 2004
At the Portsea shack
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Richard Ings ‏@ringsau 54m54 minutes ago
Ping @wada_ama I hope you are watching this Athletes don't prove their innocence. NADO's prove guilt.

I read that as being about SCNs, where in order to avoid a finding, players do need to effectively "prove" their innocence
& add to that the narky public commentary McD has now stooped to. He does himself & his agency no favours whatsoever with such an approach.
This I agree with. It's just bizarre - it doesn't help anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back