Media The 'Super Duper' Official S18 Sweet FA Mid-Season Survey

Remove this Banner Ad

I am presently collecting results; will accept any late applications until Sunday.
Loves the mid-season survey that is still open :D

Can I change my wooden spoon to the Bears

It's in Inside Qooty

Dont you mean Its Inside Inside Qooty?

leonardo-dicaprio-inception-movie-meme-face.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it is a kind gesture by Marlowe that this has not been completed at this moment as it might distract some of us from finals

I play for the Royals - what are finals?

My tutelage under Itsmyshow begun late last season after I joined the Flogcutters (remember that? me neither). It was a brief affair, and he didn't teach me much, except how to skin an Elk and piss my name into the snow, dirt and origami paper... mostly, because he kept forgetting my name and insisted I spell it out for him in the most unusual ways possible. Still, it was more than Okey taught me and it cost me less. Sometimes IMS would buy me extravagant, yet outdated gifts, stuff like one of those old-timey bikes with a big wheel at the front and a smaller wheel at the back that also came with a novelty license plate that read "I Get Bitches"; a stopwatch that had no buttons; and a rare first-edition of 'The Tortoise and the Hare' that ended five pages earlier with the Tortoise violently murdering the Hare and his 17-year-old son out of fear the son would come back for revenge.

Point is, Season 17 was a simpler time, but thanks to IMS I learned the importance of travelling at your own pace.

Now here are the results to the first question of the Season 18 mid-season survey, precisely when I expected to have them done...

Q1: Who is the best poster from each of the Sweet FA teams?
bfMw0YU.png

Code:
1. Noobz0r - 46.5%
2. MoOP - 23.2%
3. spookism - 16.3%
4. MannumPower - 4.7%
. N/A - 4.7%
6. Power Raid - 2.3%
. Schulzenfest - 2.3%

Noobz0r wins hands down, stealing twice as many votes from, MoOP, to secure the title of 'the Sweet FA's Most Adored Swamprat'. spookism polled well to finish third, while his co-captain and South Australian man of mystery, MannumPower, polled two votes, equal fourth with N/A. Former Royal Rumble contestant, Schulzenfest, and former Royals player, Power Raid, each nabbed a vote.

oVRh1qH.png

Code:
1. Bengwatkins - 72.1%
2. beez - 14%
3. Boofhead - 2.3%
. Gee Dub - 2.3%
. Les Norton  - 2.3%
. sausageroll - 2.3%
. Someone - 2.3%
. N/A - 2.3%

In pure Fleetwood Mac style, multi-award wining country music star and two-time Sweet FA leading goalkicker, Bengwatkins, warms his way into the league's collective heart as they vote him their fave Bandit. Veteran curmudgeon, beez, was the only other Bandit to poll multiple votes, with captain Gee Dub, former captain sausageroll, Les Norton, Boofhead, someone and N/A all polling singles.

KOwPrRQ.png

Code:
1. Frankston Rover - 44.2%
2. invinciBlues - 18.6%
3. El Dubya - 11.7%
4. BigJoeD - 9.3%
5. Mr_Smooth - 4.7%
6. Lord_Flashheart - 2.3%
. pass - 2.3%
. zackah - 2.3%
. None of 'em - 2.3%
. N/A - 2.3%

Another runaway winner, as chosen by the people. The ranting and raving captain from parts unknown is recognised as the team's best poster. Rookies and EKA hopefuls invinciBlues, El Dubya and BigJoeD lead the next wave of Warriors' posters people find the least irritating. Former Bomber, Mr_Smooth, scored a few votes, as did rookies zackah, Lord_Flashheart. Pass, none of ' em and N/A were also options people chose.

oklZCVh.png

Code:
1. The Filth Wizard - 55.8%
2. boncer34 - 11.6%
. Danoz - 11.6%
4. akkpas - 4.7%
. chefmeister - 4.7%
6. Dingus - 2.3%
. HARPSichord - 2.3%
. Jenny61_99 - 2.3%
. Everyone - 2.3%
. WAG - 2.3%

The Filth Wizard is the most popular Dragon, and with that news, jaws, world-wide, drop. Renowned stats nerd, Danoz, and former league admin, boncer34, both polled exceptionally well considering the enormous shadow they're both posting in. Other vote-getters include akkaps, chefmeister each with two; singles to jenny61_99, a girl, HARPSichord, some guy, WAG, whose gender I am unfamiliar with, a vote for everyone as well as a vote for 'Dingus', a vote I assume intended for The Filth Wizard.

RrEa37W.png

Code:
1. Karnezis_13 - 34.9%
2. Itsmyshow - 20.9%
3. Mr Eagle - 14%
4. Tarkyn_24 - 7%
5. Dagless - 4.7%
. Rendered Unsafe - 4.7%
7. Atley - 2.3%
. Captain Awkward - 2.3%
. Clint Breastwood - 2.3%
. Network Nerd - 2.3%
. Are they still the league? - 2.3%
. Not Sure - 2.3%

The Hawks polled quite a few contributors, but the bi-ped horse, Karnezis_13, won out, with over one-third of the votes. Mr. Flogcutter and former captain, Itsmyshow, is still a popular fan favourite, as are underrated veterans the talented Mr Eagle, the handsome Dagless and Tarkyn_24 who doesn't get a clever title because I can't be ****ed thinking of one. Rendered Unsafe is the quiet unsung hero, polling a few votes. Rookie, Captain Awkward, pain in the arse, Atley, and some bloke named Not Sure were among several of the scattered posters who received votes.

E74gGv7.png

Code:
1. Wacky Tiger - 39.5%
2. fumbler - 27.9%
3. This Is Anfield - 11.6%
4. tigland - 7%
5. Uncle_Leo - 4.7%
. N/A - 4.7%
7. Hate - 2.3%
. What? - 2.3%

The reigning EKA medalist has defied the Gods, as a season removed from winning the cursed medal, Wacky Tiger is somehow still viewed favourably by the greater Sweet FA communiyy. Sorcery! Everyone's favourite eccentric, fumbler, has defied belief as well, and is the league's second-favourite Furious Fighter. Rookie, This Is Anfield, proves experience is not a trait with each anyone puts too much stock in these days, and the young man ranks up at third. Co-captain tigland still has some swing, while S16 EKA winner, Uncle_Leo, is still a much-loved flog it appears, he ties for fourth with N/A. Hate gets a vote as does what?.

5jvTPts.png

Code:
1. A Bit High - 44.2%
2. Tayl0r - 20.9%
3. GETSOMENUTS - 9.3%
4. Mr Gor - 4.7%
. peterss - 4.7%
. SOPH_CROSS - 4.7%
7. Dream Team Buff - 2.3%
. Hatchy1992 - 2.3%
. Dunno - 2.3%
. Don't recall any players names - 2.3%
. N/A - 2.3%

Lord Spambot, and all around nice guy, A Bit High, reigns supreme in the fan's eyes and is voted, comfortably, as the Gumbies' best poster. The Sweet FA's resident female, and all around nice guy, Tayl0r, comes in at #2, with GETSOMENUTS, finishing third. Onfield dynamo, Mr Gor, polled a few, as did the club's other female poster, and SOPH_CROSS also polled a couple of votes. See what I did there? I called peterss a woman because I have a sense of humour and a penis. In all seriousness, I hope his fiancee doesn't hurt me. DREAM TEAM BUFF and Hatchy1992 received votes, but there were, sadly, just as many people who couldn't recall a Gumbies player as there were who voted for them, which I find a bit cruel. That turncoat N/A keeps racking 'em up.

jf6wsuC.png

Code:
1. Marlowe - 58%
2. Wise Guy Sam - 14%
3. NathanMJ_WB54 - 4.7%
. okeydoke7 - 4.7%
. bomberlegend2007 - 4.7%
. N/A - 4.7%
7. Son of God - 2.3%
. sverik25 - 2.3%
. Tommycash - 2.3%
. akkaps - 2.3%

Nice spread of posters, I'll just pretend N/A this time is code for timtamWB. The important thing to remember here is that I am #1 and it's not even close. Hardly a powerhouse; we are a one-man show. Pew pew. Bang, bang.

zNWXBL2.png

Code:
1. pantskyle - 44.2%
2. brahj - 30.2%
3. Juggalo Balla - 9.3%
4. DemonJim - 4.7%
. The Half Back - 4.7%
6. Magruder - 2.3%
. Quivorir - 2.3%
. N/A - 2.3%

All-SFA wannabe, and ranga, pantskyle, heads up the Bears' list of posters. I think this was his aim all along when he first set off to create an expansion club, but he did find competition in league newcomer, brahj. Rumours are rampant pants either paid off voters or straight-up murdered them to retain his position atop these rankings. Juggs voted for himself; still finished third, two votes clear of the only Bears' players whose names you can remember - DemonJim and the league's most overrated poster, The Half Back.
d8QLzvP.png

Code:
1. Eth - 53.5%
2. Footypie32 - 34.9%
3. Headless - 2.3%
. Logger - 2.3%
. Rhodesy_Blues - 2.3%
. Smartys Power - 2.3%
. N/A - 2.3%
This race proved to be more two-horsed than Karny's avatar, with Eth ultimately besting former EKA runner-up and Flogfather author, Footypie32 in an intense finish. It's good to know apparently Eth is still alive, although my theory is he faked his death years ago and mostly posts under the pseudonym 'okeydoke7' now. People need to learn the names of more Demons posters.

ZmY6pWm.png

Code:
1. fitzroybulldog - 41.9%
2. Reardo - 32.6%
3. Freakie - 9.3%
4. N/A - 7%
5. Fred - 2.3%
. Mobbenfuhrer - 2.3%
. Mooch - 2.3%
. No Clue 2.3%

Mobbs Medal favourite and notorious David Bowie aficionado, fitzroybulldog, finally gets the recognition he so desperately doesn't know that to do with. The man whose old shtick was being neither seen nor heard by the Sweet FA populace at large is now, rightfully, regarded league-wide as the Gorillas best poster. Ron Burgundy finished in second but doesn't care because he's still Ron '*******' Burgundy. Freakie and N/A wrapped up the top four, and I for one, wonder who had more posts this season.

hN421jd.png

Code:
1. croweater 41 - 32.6%
2. TheFreshBanana - 27.6%
3. ClarkeM - 9.3%
. PVF - 9.3%
5. N/A - 7%
6. HaroLad - 4.7%
7. Frothies Mcveigh - 2.3%
. Wise Guy Sam - 2.3%
. All Asswipes 2.3%
. See Hawks - 2.3%

In what proved to be the tightest battle atop each team's ranking, my former league admin candidate and Royal Rumble opponent, croweater 41, narrowly edges TheFreshBanana to claim top spot at the Wonders, as voted by you, the Sweet FA community. It appears to me few people actually put a thought into their Wonders' vote, and voted for a number third-party candidates, like HaroLad, so for the meantime, we cannot rule out the possibility that Crowie may have been a joke answer.

That was question #1... but it was crap compared to what we have next week, on a very special 'mid-season survey results'.

* that took longer than I thought it would.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back