List Mgmt. List Management 2014 - Contracts, Retirements, Delistings, Trade Bait (Updated in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Do you think we did that with Josh though.
would love someone with good sources to confirm.
Anyway it's all irrelevant now he is delisted. :(
Its not completely irrelevant. The Worst has said a number of times that he had a three year deal. We have to pay out the last year of his contract as he signed on for the third year. That money will be on our total player payments for season 2015 and part of our salary cap.

For what its worth I have a mate who is heavily involved in Contarf. He said Josh was one of those most immature kids he had ever come across and that he wasnt even close to meeting the requirements expected of him in his time away from the Freo footy club.

I would be stunned if we rookied him. Obviously a massive shame. Simpson still has time on his side to get things right off the field. Hopefully, this happens.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
We can have up to 6 rookies on the list. We may go with 3 in the ND and 3 in the RD
I thought it was four rookies with :NSW Scholarship holders, International Rookies and elite sportsman who cross from other sports on the list not counting as one of your four choices.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
If Duffy is still here at draft time (or the club announces something) I think it's fairly safe to say he got that contract. Until then he's uncontracted until 100% proven contracted. Having said that I'd be beyond surprised if he got delisted from here.

Mar 2, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
I thought it was four rookies with :NSW Scholarship holders, International Rookies and elite sportsman who cross from other sports on the list not counting as one of your four choices.
This from the AFL site
ROOKIE LIST
With the entry of the Gold Coast Suns and GWS Giants into the AFL, clubs were permitted to have a minimum of four and up to eight players on their rookie list but starting from 2013 the maximum will be reduced to six. These six rookies are now classified as Category A rookies.

In addition to these six rookie-listed players, each club can include up to three additional players (now referred to as Category B rookies) on its Rookie List.
and this for minimum...
MINIMUM NUMBER OF ROOKIES

Rookie lists are now recognised as a key list management tool and designating a minimum number of rookies is no longer necessary as it is purely a club decision.

Frank J Moose

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2012
Brownes Stadium
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Buffalo
This from the AFL site

and this for minimum...
But you lose a rookie for each player above 38 you have on your list (it used to be veterans but that was changed). So you can 38 main + 6 rookies
39 + 5 or 40 + 4 (Freo's choice) and up to 3 catB rookies, but only 1 irishman per team on the catB list.

Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
Its not completely irrelevant. The Worst has said a number of times that he had a three year deal. We have to pay out the last year of his contract as he signed on for the third year. That money will be on our total player payments for season 2015 and part of our salary cap.

For what its worth I have a mate who is heavily involved in Contarf. He said Josh was one of those most immature kids he had ever come across and that he wasnt even close to meeting the requirements expected of him in his time away from the Freo footy club.

I would be stunned if we rookied him. Obviously a massive shame. Simpson still has time on his side to get things right off the field. Hopefully, this happens.
This makes sense. Josh seems like one of those lucky bastards born with oodles of talent. He reminds me of those brilliant guitarists that never make it, or the club golfer playing off scratch but no hope of being a pro because their personality doesn't take to doing the little things that's required for the top level. Talent gets you so far. Money is on Duffy now.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
Luke wasnt the player Luke is at the beginning of his career

I remember I used to take my kids down to training regularly back in 2002/2003, and we got to know Old Frank - one of the trainers and ball collectors. My Pav infatuation had already begun at that stage, and both Luke and Pav were only 20/21, and Frank, who used to play for Old Easts in the Con Regan days, said to me, "Pavlich is a special young player, but keep an eye on young McPharlin. He is the best player we have at this football club."

Agenfrida

Club Legend
Sep 28, 2014
Parts unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
I remember I used to take my kids down to training regularly back in 2002/2003, and we got to know Old Frank - one of the trainers and ball collectors. My Pav infatuation had already begun at that stage, and both Luke and Pav were only 20/21, and Frank, who used to play for Old Easts in the Con Regan days, said to me, "Pavlich is a special young player, but keep an eye on young McPharlin. He is the best player we have at this football club."
People often talk about how under rated Pav is/was, and how if he played over east he'd be a household name. Luke seems to be even more under rated than Pav. Even within Freo circles, I still don't think he's acknowledged as highly as he should be.

Harry Reems

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
People often talk about how under rated Pav is/was, and how if he played over east he'd be a household name. Luke seems to be even more under rated than Pav. Even within Freo circles, I still don't think he's acknowledged as highly as he should be.

I don't know if he could be acknowledged any more could he?

6 times All Australian in 6 different positions, 6 times club Fairest and Best, 8 years as Club Captain, 313 games with 629 goals.

If he was an Eagle they would have built a shrine for him I suppose.

He deserves a premiership medal though, but they don't hand those things out like they used to.

Agenfrida

Club Legend
Sep 28, 2014
Parts unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't know if he could be acknowledged any more could he?

6 times All Australian in 6 different positions, 6 times club Fairest and Best, 8 years as Club Captain, 313 games with 629 goals.

If he was an Eagle they would have built a shrine for him I suppose.

He deserves a premiership medal though, but they don't hand those things out like they used to.
I was referring to the Eastern states/Victoria in particular. When people over there talk about the current great players, his name rarely, if ever comes up.

freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
I was referring to the Eastern states/Victoria in particular. When people over there talk about the current great players, his name rarely, if ever comes up.

It is interesting isn't it?

All non vics seemed to be getting ignored more than ever.

How is it that the AFL feels like it is becoming more VFL centric since the expansion of non Vic teams?

Why are more metro Vics crying and going home now more than ever before?

Vic central seems to be getting the wagons in a circle now more than ever and are being able to create hysteria about any non Vic achievement. Guess they must be feeling under threat more than ever.

God help us if no Vic team were to make the top 4 for one year. I can guarantee whatever mad plan Eddie came up with would be fully endorsed by VFL house to stop this imbalance. Funny how the imbalance only goes one way.

Sorry about the conspiracy theory but something is up.

footyfix

Team Captain
Mar 21, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets
It is interesting isn't it?

All non vics seemed to be getting ignored more than ever.

How is it that the AFL feels like it is becoming more VFL centric since the expansion of non Vic teams?

Why are more metro Vics crying and going home now more than ever before?

Vic central seems to be getting the wagons in a circle now more than ever and are being able to create hysteria about any non Vic achievement. Guess they must be feeling under threat more than ever.

God help us if no Vic team were to make the top 4 for one year. I can guarantee whatever mad plan Eddie came up with would be fully endorsed by VFL house to stop this imbalance. Funny how the imbalance only goes one way.

Sorry about the conspiracy theory but something is up.

Yep and we get to pay for it too. I mean a footy department "tax" now? Puleez.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFC4ME

Senior List
Dec 21, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

Well, that's exactly what did happen in 2006, remember? The top 4 was WCE, Adelaide, us and Sydney - and I well remember all the squealing coming out of Melbourne about how uncompetitive the Victorian teams were becoming and how shameful it was that there were hardly any finals in Victoria, etc. Of course, all it took was Geelong taking off like a rocket a couple of months into 2007 to make 'em forget all that, and you could indeed argue the wheel spun completely the other way for quite a while until Sydney and Freo managed to make GFs in the last couple of seasons.

It's cyclical, it really is.

Anyway, if the delisting of Simpson is the last change before the draft, I am reasonably happy with that (though not the sad loss of Josh's talent). I actually maintain that much of our draft focus has to be on replenishing the backline given the advanced age of most of our current back 6 and the fact that the future forward line looks to be in safe hands with Taberner, Apeness, Crozier, Duffy and Walters. And of course that elusive speedy mid who doesn't run sideways before ballooning the ball through for a point from 50 to succeed Danyle Pearce...

Mr Peabody

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hey guise. Boring trade period huh.

Sure was buddy. Good time to pick up some specials but.

jumper.PNG

I can't be bothered doing that level of research. I assume the wings everyone wants back are the stylised ones from the earlier jumpers. Not this hideous abortion from the early noughties?

West-Coast-2000.gif
Burn it with fire. By implication your question is answered. :D
Yep, the classic wings. Just reverse the colours for clash. Kinda like how yours just works and is consistent home and away. Right now we have a s**t suite of guernseys.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Burn it with fire. By implication your question is answered. :D
Yep, the classic wings. Just reverse the colours for clash. Kinda like how yours just works and is consistent home and away. Right now we have a s**t suite of guernseys.

Why do you have to wait until the season after next for it to be implemented?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back