List Mgmt. Delisted Free Agents / Experienced Draft Targets

Which experienced players should Sydney target as delisted free agents/draft?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Brock McLean? Are we allowed to get him? He's only 28
But everyone seems to think our midfield is amazing, why do we need another one?

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
LOL you gave me a scare

After reading your comment i thought we had recruited him and rushed to check the afl and Sydney swans website.
What I mean is that some people that have no idea see players that are s**t people and no good for us and they want them and he is one of those

Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
I dont think we take any with our live pick of 37. Depends if there is a sleeper still in the rookie draft or not. Could do worse than rookie listing one of those guys, dont forget though that these lads cant even make their squads, let alone best 22.

I would be happy if we took a smokie young tall pick instead. Wonder if Matthew Panos will be around, if we'd consider taking him.

The Brabazone

Team Captain
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
What I mean is that some people that have no idea see players that are s**t people and no good for us and they want them and he is one of those

I don't know, you can never have enough old, slow blokes that can't us the pill.

Brock McLean? Are we allowed to get him? He's only 28
*shudder* What is wrong with you? Are you ok? I think you need to have a shower or bath or jump in a fire or something... Cleanse yourself fellow blood for that is truly one of the most disgusting things I've read on here in a long long time... :p

Mcveigh

All Australian
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
*shudder* What is wrong with you? Are you ok? I think you need to have a shower or bath or jump in a fire or something... Cleanse yourself fellow blood for that is truly one of the most disgusting things I've read on here in a long long time... :p

I'm sorry. Please forgive moi.

Was on holiday and obviously my boosted optimism was affecting my judgement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry I thought you were talking about Logan Austin there and was about to say I'd never heard of him, missed the Creeper reference.

He's an interesting one, I saw more of him last year when he really didn't show very much of anything but has improved this year. He used to play in the ruck (tall enough to do it at colts level but irrelevant as a draft prospect so the move to defence is really what he had to do). Pretty athletic type who has picked up the position fairly quickly considering, would be available as a rookie. Moves well, good closing speed. Has a lot to learn like Aliir but there's something to work with.

Sorry I thought you were talking about Logan Austin there and was about to say I'd never heard of him, missed the Creeper reference.

He's an interesting one, I saw more of him last year when he really didn't show very much of anything but has improved this year. He used to play in the ruck (tall enough to do it at colts level but irrelevant as a draft prospect so the move to defence is really what he had to do). Pretty athletic type who has picked up the position fairly quickly considering, would be available as a rookie. Moves well, good closing speed. Has a lot to learn like Aliir but there's something to work with.
Seen much of Keitel ?.
Any chance to be there at our pick

Seen much of Keitel ?.
Any chance to be there at our pick
Yeah have seen a fair bit of him because he's been considered one of WA's best chances for this year for a long time. I like him, I still am not quite 100% sold on him being a first KPD or KPF, probably because he hasn't really had much opportunity and until he grew recently he wasn't in consideration to play those sorts of roles. He's got a lot of agility and is a good 2nd/3rd tall in particular with his clean hands and ability to rebound and use the ball well. I have a few concerns with him but he has plenty of things to like also.

I don't know what other clubs are thinking but he probably has a pretty big draft range - might be available at 37 or could go much higher if someone really likes him. I personally wouldn't use a pick much higher than 37, lots of key position players in the draft with more exposed form.

Yeah have seen a fair bit of him because he's been considered one of WA's best chances for this year for a long time. I like him, I still am not quite 100% sold on him being a first KPD or KPF, probably because he hasn't really had much opportunity and until he grew recently he wasn't in consideration to play those sorts of roles. He's got a lot of agility and is a good 2nd/3rd tall in particular with his clean hands and ability to rebound and use the ball well. I have a few concerns with him but he has plenty of things to like also.

I don't know what other clubs are thinking but he probably has a pretty big draft range - might be available at 37 or could go much higher if someone really likes him. I personally wouldn't use a pick much higher than 37, lots of key position players in the draft with more exposed form.
Yarrans footage ( limited ) looks good , seems pretty classy.

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
So no free agents for us then when the DFA market starts tomorrow unless we choose to go with more than 38 players.

Theoretically can still pick one up via the rookie draft (or with pick 37 in the ND), but if we were after a particular player I doubt we'd go down that uncertain route.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Apparently Luke Tapscott has been delisted by Melbourne. I would take him in a heartbeat as I think with the right environment he has the potential to be a sort of Shannon Hurn type player.

I've never seen anything of him to make me think he has anything near the skill and kicking ability of Hurn. He strikes me as more of a hard-hitting, nuggetty role player. A useful type in a good team. A Paul Bevan, a Luke Ablett. If you're relying on him directing ball out of your back half, you're in trouble. But he can be useful in the right role.

I would pass on him though.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I've never seen anything of him to make me think he has anything near the skill and kicking ability of Hurn. He strikes me as more of a hard-hitting, nuggetty role player. A useful type in a good team. A Paul Bevan, a Luke Ablett. If you're relying on him directing ball out of your back half, you're in trouble. But he can be useful in the right role.

I would pass on him though.

He has a powerful and accurate kick and he plays off half back which is why I compared him to Hurn.

Back