Songs That Sound A Little Too Similar

Remove this Banner Ad

AtomicBlonde

Cancelled
Sep 23, 2010
Sugar Town
AFL Club
Essendon
During the sessions for The Rolling Stones' Bridges To Babylon album (1996/97), Keith Richards was playing "Anybody Seen My Baby" at home and one of his daughters just started singing k.d. lang's "Constant Craving" during the chorus. Keith phoned Mick and the end result was Jagger and Richards having to share equal credits/royalties with lang and Ben Mink (her co-writer).

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
During the sessions for The Rolling Stones' Bridges To Babylon album (1996/97), Keith Richards was playing "Anybody Seen My Baby" at home and one of his daughters just started singing k.d. lang's "Constant Craving" during the chorus. Keith phoned Mick and the end result was Jagger and Richards having to share equal credits/royalties with lang and Ben Mink (her co-writer).

With Angelina Jolie in the first thumbnail.

AtomicBlonde

Cancelled
Sep 23, 2010
Sugar Town
AFL Club
Essendon
Was just playing an old Mary J. Blige CD and could hardly believe my ears when this track came on, it is soo similar to Prince's I Hate U - it is scary.

MJB from 1997 album Mary:

Prince from 1995 album The Gold Experience:

Main riffs/hooks in both these songs are very similar in both melody and tempo (though the AATA one sounds like it's an octave or two higher--don't have guitar on me but maybe will confirm later).

'Electric Funeral' - Black Sabbath (1970)

'Ants Invasion' - Adam and the Ants (1980)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Listen to Devil Inside from about 4:00 on and tell me they didn't rip off Gloria from about 3:30 on.

Just listen to it man. There's a few bars that are a direct rip of a very very famous MJ song.

Haha I did, and I'm worried I'm missing something big. But also, pop is pop. As evidenced by this thread, so much of it is 'inspired' by other songs.
I'll work it over in my head during the day though.

Back