The Western Bulldogs Next Coach

Who do you want to be the next coach of the Western Bulldogs?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You know the one thing that gave me the shits about Scott Watters?

The way he dressed. It's something I never usually pay attention to, but most coaches present themselves well. They're all wearing nice pants and a club polo that's been tucked in. No, he'd wear a big rain jacket with the zip undone, like a bloke that sucks down cans in the outer at Moorabbin.

I don't even know why it bothered me, it just did. Dress like every other AFL coach, you nitwit.
Yeah that and he had curly hair!

Why aren't Murph and Morris on the selection panel? And Roughead? The players are as big a stakeholders as anyone else. They crave success more than anyone else. They know better than anyone what they and the group need and want from a coach. Murph has had four senior coaches, more than probably anyone on the panel.

I find it peculiar when people get antsy about players 'running' the club. Well, come game day on the weekend, they ARE the club. Why not let them put in their two bob in footy related decisions?
Griffs on the panel

The 'mail' on the coach is what i would call junk mail. None of it is close to credible .
Seems to be. Would be good to know at least if we are approaching some of the experienced coaches like Williams, Thompson, Ayers, Ratten and not just interviewing those assistants who apply.

There are clearly some great posters on the this forum with contacts in the club, all the talk has been about Sumich and Monty with a wish for Tudor, but nothing to suggest the experienced guys had even rejected the opportunity

Darcy is rumored to have advised the Bulldogs to become a reality tv show
Total transparency
The coach is to be selected via a blind audition like on the voice

Darcy said he is happy to sit in one of the chairs with Joel madden
You stutter post a lot don't you.

Isn't Worsfold on the panel to pick a coach? Aren't Worsfold and Sumich good mates? Honestly Sumich looks better than I thought in interviews, I don't know how good of a coach he is and only people that have worked with him will know. All I know is I would prefer someone from the outside and not someone that was a part of what just happened. We need someone respected and is going to unite our playing group. Only other side of having Sumich is he is a full forward who has scored 100 goals in a season and was a great grabbing mark. Great tutelage for T Boyd if nothing else.

Suma's accent is not like most :eek:. Do us Perth-ites even have an accent? Reckon it's not so hard to pick a Queenslander but that's the first time I've ever heard that about us in the west.
I would say the entirety of the East coast are a bit more ocker than we Westerners. A crueler man might suggest more like a Perth bogan! That's my take on it.

From my understanding people from Perth have a more bogan accent. Ben cousins for example

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow there is actually no news on the coach......nothing. There isn't even a clear standout. The only ones I am really interested in are not even given any real hope.

I picked bad week to give up glue sniffing.
Lol, and agree fully

Linguists say there's no real distinguishing features in different Aussie accents- except for Adelaide which is closer to English due to a lower portion/ lack of conflict.

Interestingly adelaideans think vics sound like yobbos because the vices they know are country Victorians so they have a broader accent. Qld is known for broad accents but it's just a portion thing.

Back on topic. Go peter sumich! Regardless of your accent, you have every bit of experience you need

Wow there is actually no news on the coach......nothing. There isn't even a clear standout. The only ones I am really interested in are not even given any real hope.

I picked bad week to give up glue sniffing.
Nobody has got any mail? Unbelievable. :p

Panel won't even confirm who has applied.... or who has been approached....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back