Opinion List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe ... I think a big reason for not beating Norwood by a few goals is inexperience of some players that resulted in the poor start, not helped by the more mature AFL experienced players taking some time to get into the match, and I still believe we don't get the desired outcome when we flood. I thought that in the last three games Norwood were easily scoring on us when we were flooding. It looked like we were zoning whilst flooding and the pressure was not enough to force Norwood into skill errors.
Yep the frustration with zoning is that it relies on the opposition coughing up the ball. When their kicks are pinpoint to the chest of the most obvious target, standing still, with 2 Port players standing 5 metres away protecting the 'zone'...it's just like...FAARK.

Anyway, I agree re the age/experience of the two teams. You can be fit as all hell but if you can't get the ball it kinda makes life difficult don't it!

2014 REVIEW for 2015....

Thanks for this Corby. As an overseas-based fan, not having seen any u16s, 18s or Academy games, I am interested in locals' thoughts on who from our underaged teams may get a gig in the remaining Academy and 15 Maggies spots in 2015. This will be the last group of juniors to go through our system, including several F/S's so important to get it right.

They certainly made a bigger story of this player in particular, rubbing it in.
They should have found a Y12 student to edit out the punctuation/capitalisation errors, pretty amateurish effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who is going to ruck for the magpies in 2015, we need a RUCKMAN or two.

Redden, Bruggemann, Harvey and Haren are 4 off the top of my head with Butcher and Shaw pinch hitting.
Head in the sand stuff, this.

The almost perennially injured Redden, followed by a utility (Bruggemann is 193cm), a pinch hitting KPF and a KPP that can kind of ruck.

If winning is important in the SANFL, the above options don't create a premiership winning ruck team.

Redden, Bruggemann, Harvey and Haren are 4 off the top of my head with Butcher and Shaw pinch hitting.

We need real rucks,we got smashed in hitouts due to the fact we had to use players who are not true ruckmen.

Head in the sand stuff, this.

The almost perennially injured Redden, followed by a utility (Bruggemann is 193cm), a pinch hitting KPF and a KPP that can kind of ruck.

If winning is important in the SANFL, the above options don't create a premiership winning ruck team.
We need real rucks,we got smashed in hitouts due to the fact we had to use players who are not true ruckmen.

You can throw in Baulderstone if we happen to draft him.

Geez, I don't want to see Harvey in the ruck at all next year.

Wanna see this beast tear up SANFL defenders and, hopefully at some stage, earn a call-up to the Power.

And that Norwood media release is priceless! Education at St. Peter's really has gone to s#it over the years...

Well there is one Norwood u18 junior that has agreed to come to the Magpies this year, and is a crows supporter.
Do you know if he will be one of the 15 Maggies players or an Academy player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back