2015 SC / Player Watch..

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Kilda and Philly...going to be a long year :(
Are you running both teams by any chance? They are taking remarkably similar approaches right now as I'm sure is not lost on you
Both have bright futures though. Embiid, MCW and Noel for Philly. St Kilda have guns in Dunstan, Petracca (pretty much), Acres and Billings. May be a long year but in 2020 I will be laughing at you when my teams win the AFL Premiership and NBA Championship.

Last edited:
Both have bright futures though. Embiid, MCW and Noel for Philly. St Kilda have guns in Dunstan, Petracca (pretty much), Acres and Billings. May be a long year but in 2020 I will be laughing at you when my teams win the AFL Premiership and NBA Championship.
Neither will win anything by 2020.

Rumours about the greatest player of all-time having a career ending injury.

Don't believe that garbage.
I didn't hear (or write) anything about 'career threatening'. What I heard was that the damage to the shoulder was more extensive than first thought, and that his progress has been slower as a result. No idea when he will be back, how much preseason he will do, whether he will start slowly....
Just thought it may scare a few, but I'm not claiming to have any inside info.

I didn't hear (or write) anything about 'career threatening'. What I heard was that the damage to the shoulder was more extensive than first thought, and that his progress has been slower as a result. No idea when he will be back, how much preseason he will do, whether he will start slowly....
Just thought it may scare a few, but I'm not claiming to have any inside info.
I think that Ablett may start a bit slower this year. He may average 100 for the first five games, but he will be back to his best

No need to be laughing at me will there? I'm not enjoying your team's misfortune, just the reality of where each is at. Unfortunate that both are suffering similar fates at the same time. I think they are both going about it the right way for what it is worth. Always find it funny when seeing how AFL centric supporters often struggle to see the bigger picture. Nice to find a fellow hoops fan.
Doesn't sound like the Philly brass are entirely sold on MCW. Rumour is they were shopping him pretty hard around the draft but didn't get offered anything they liked. Not sure about Noel's ceiling. Defensive force sure, but not sure he'll ever be an allstar level talent. The little I have seen of Embiid, and the lot I have read, seems as though he could be truly elite.
Saints are on the right track, but a long way away. Some more pain ahead unfortunately. I hate to see what they will look like when Riewoldt is gone. At least they have a plan and are sticking to it.
I wish both your teams well

No need to be laughing at me will there? I'm not enjoying your team's misfortune, just the reality of where each is at. Unfortunate that both are suffering similar fates at the same time. I think they are both going about it the right way for what it is worth. Always find it funny when seeing how AFL centric supporters often struggle to see the bigger picture. Nice to find a fellow hoops fan.
Doesn't sound like the Philly brass are entirely sold on MCW. Rumour is they were shopping him pretty hard around the draft but didn't get offered anything they liked. Not sure about Noel's ceiling. Defensive force sure, but not sure he'll ever be an allstar level talent. The little I have seen of Embiid, and the lot I have read, seems as though he could be truly elite.
Saints are on the right track, but a long way away. Some more pain ahead unfortunately. I hate to see what they will look like when Riewoldt is gone. At least they have a plan and are sticking to it.
I wish both your teams well
Thanks mate. I'm in for the long haul though. Sorry the laughing bit sounded a bit angry.

Who cares? What is talk of that shite sport doing on page 1 of a Supercoach thread?

Ablett. Pendles. Beams.

One guy I was going to bring in at the start of the year but he was under an injury cloud before round 1 so I didn't get him and regretted it for the rest of the year. Tom Rockliff.

Luke Parker will also be a walk up starter for me next year, and depending on his pre season, possibly Ollie Wines too. Averaged a ton in his second year and for as long as Boak is in the same team he won't get tagged.

Not so sure about starting with GAJ. Wrong side of 30 and that injury was bad. Will need to watch pre season to judge as he will still be the most expensive player.

One guy I was going to bring in at the start of the year but he was under an injury cloud before round 1 so I didn't get him and regretted it for the rest of the year. Tom Rockliff.

Luke Parker will also be a walk up starter for me next year, and depending on his pre season, possibly Ollie Wines too. Averaged a ton in his second year and for as long as Boak is in the same team he won't get tagged.

Not so sure about starting with GAJ. Wrong side of 30 and that injury was bad. Will need to watch pre season to judge as he will still be the most expensive player.
Agree with all of that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isaac Heeney will be my first first year player picked. Will go pick 18 to the Swans when he should have gone top 5. He's ready made and will play plenty of games next year imo.

Isaac Heeney will be my first first year player picked. Will go pick 18 to the Swans when he should have gone top 5. He's ready made and will play plenty of games next year imo.
Isaac Heeney sounds like a good rookie looked at hes highlights gun.
Is a gun but I don't think he can break into the Sydney midfield in his first year. Who does he replace??

Is a gun but I don't think he can break into the Sydney midfield in his first year. Who does he replace??
Vaild point.Only eski has gone so maybe McVeigh goes back.The swans played Lloyd over mitchell because Lloyd had more pace so if Isaac has a some toe he could fight for a role.Pending injurys he could be in the mix to get games either early or later.

Vaild point.Only eski has gone so maybe McVeigh goes back.The swans played Lloyd over mitchell because Lloyd had more pace so if Isaac has a some toe he could fight for a role.Pending injurys he could be in the mix to get games either early or later.
If injuries hit early he could prove himself in the side and play most games. I believe he will play 5 games next year.

Rich more often than not got the no1 tag over hanley when they played together. If hanley retains ddp he's a walk up start for mine.
Only going 2 prem defenders next year and seedsman as d3 IF theres enough rookies to fill the rest.
Wines also very much in contention just not 100% he will be a top 8 midfielder by seasons end which is what you want your starting mid prems to be

Ah, another year, another people writing off GAJ. He will average more an anyone else this year... again.

Tom Rockliff. Won't be getting tagged much with Beams, Hanley and Rich in the same midfield
Rockliff is very very pricey for a bloke who has only had one season over 113. For his price (ave 132) I'd much rather a Pendles who has done it time and time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back