Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Not sure if Boltons the right guy..
His been interviewed at both the Crows and the Bulldogs..in the past 10 days and had no luck.. So now his trying his luck with us..
No thanks.. I dont like sloppy seconds or thirds.. If his not good enough for them.. He sure damn aint good enough for the Suns!

The Suns should be there #1 pick
As I remember it Hinkley was knocked back by the Crows, Cats, Saints, Richmond etc, I think all of those teams and ours wish we had grabbed him.

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Dec 3, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Why's it such a big secret who we're looking at? The suns are built upon members and supporters.. dont think it would hurt anyone to be a little transparent at possible options we may be looking at.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
I think he goes there every year. Has done since having joined the Suns at least.
There is nothing like coming over the hill onto the landing strip with your heart in your mouth only to follow it up with a ride to a compound in an armoured car

Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
Not sure if Boltons the right guy..
His been interviewed at both the Crows and the Bulldogs..in the past 10 days and had no luck.. So now his trying his luck with us..
No thanks.. I dont like sloppy seconds or thirds.. If his not good enough for them.. He sure damn aint good enough for the Suns!
The Suns should be there #1 pick
Bolton hasn't applied for the Dogs job..

THE Western Bulldogs and Gold Coast remain unhurried in the search for a new coach, with the Dogs yet to formally interview a candidate.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/we...ext-coaching-job/story-fndv7pj3-1227102728236

FavoriteSun

All Australian
Feb 8, 2012
Boston, USA
AFL Club
Gold Coast
FavoriteSon, you are just being agist for the sake of it.

Two major flaws/lols in your righteous argument are that Eade has been out of head coaching for three years - which is apparebtly too long? Wtf? This literally makes no sense.

Secondly, and probably more importantly, the stats you use about grand final coaches ages (which are ridiculous anyway, but that's another story) actually contradict the point you're trying to make! Eade is the same age as Malthouse when he won the flag.

You said feel free to discount your points - I don't feel like there's any other option sorry mate.

IDK how it's being agist. I think it's pretty valuable to look at the trend here, and pointing to the outlier in Mick Malthouse is going against trend. I think it has more to do with age but I think much like a players window, there is clearly a window for coaches. One coach has bucked the trend recently, but the majority of teams that have made the grand final clearly have a coach in their early to mid 40s as the opening of the window.

I'm not sure how that's ridiculous, but feel free to explain that story. Just don't get sucked into wanting Rodney Eade because of what he has done. You wouldn't sign a player for what he's done so much as what he can still do. If you think Rodney Eade can buck the trend and get us a flag then by all means, sign him...but the trend shows that if we invest in a guy 10 years his junior we might have a better chance.

SugarCoat

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
IDK how it's being agist. I think it's pretty valuable to look at the trend here, and pointing to the outlier in Mick Malthouse is going against trend. I think it has more to do with age but I think much like a players window, there is clearly a window for coaches.

Malthouse largely won 2010 because of the forward press.
In 2009 we brought in Watters, Neeld, Hudgton (from St. Kilda under Lyon) & Buckley under Malthouse who all rated highly as assistants from successful setups.
The forward press was the major reason why we won the flag.
Come one year later, Geelong had worked it out and the gamestyle was outdated.
If you look at how Eade coached at WB, he was coaching setups he did at Sydney. There came a time where it was outdated.

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Malthouse largely won 2010 because of the forward press.
In 2009 we brought in Watters, Neeld, Hudgton (from St. Kilda under Lyon) & Buckley under Malthouse who all rated highly as assistants from successful setups.
The forward press was the major reason why we won the flag.
Come one year later, Geelong had worked it out and the gamestyle was outdated.
If you look at how Eade coached at WB, he was coaching setups he did at Sydney. There came a time where it was outdated.
I think we get the message - you don't rate Eade.
If our board believe he's the right person for the job then that's good enough for me.
Hopefully we get your mob twice this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back