Mega Thread San Francisco 2014 MLB World Series Champions (Royals 3 v Giants 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

2isi2gz.png

28v9s8.jpg

V

105yv88.gif

(All times AEDT)

KAUFFMAN STADIUM

Game 1: Giants 7 @ Royals 1
Win: Bumgarner Loss: Shields

Game 2: Giants 2 @ Royals 7
WIN: Herrera Loss: Ventura

AT&T PARK

Game 3: Royals 3 @ Giants 2
Win: Guthrie Loss: Hudson

Game 4: Royals 4 @ Giants 11
Win: Petit Loss: Finnegan

Game 5: Royals 0 @ Giants 5
Win: Bumgarner Loss: Shields

KAUFFMAN STADIUM

Game 6: Giants 0 @ Royals 10
Win: Ventura Loss: Peavy

Game 7: Giants 3 @ Royals 2
Win: Affeldt Loss: Guthrie

TOTAL SCORES

Kansas City Royals 27 Runs (3 Wins)

San Francisco Giants 30 Runs (4 Wins)

ODDS

Kansas City $1.90

San Francisco $1.90

FORM

Kansas City Royals Won ALCS 4-0 against the Baltimore Orioles

San Francisco Giants Won NLCS 4-1 against the St.Louis Cardinals

Kansas City Royals ALDS 3-0 against the LA Angels

San Francisco Giants Won NLDS 3-1 Against the Washington Nationals

Kansas City Royals Won Wild Card 9-8 against the Oakland A’s

San Francisco Giants Won Wild Card 8-0 against the Pittsburgh Pirates

Kansas City Royals won First Wild Card with 89 Wins and 73 Losses (FOURTH BEST RECORD IN AMERICAN LEAGUE)

San Francisco Giants won Second Place Wild Card with 88 Wins and 74 Losses (Equal FOURTH BEST RECORD IN NATIONAL LEAGUE)

MY TIP

So evenly matched that I will tip the San Francisco Giants in 6 games, impossible to separate these two teams, but am going for the Giants simply because they have world series experience, and after 10 wins in a row the Royals are due to drop 1 or 2.

Good luck to both teams​

Last edited:
Giants just know how to win at this time of year. Think similar

Re KC flying under the radar, a few mentioned them in pre season. They had that good run pre-all star break then faded, but Detroit never kicked away and they've been really good since the all star break. Even given that they seemed to struggle a bit against the better sides in September. Their performance so far has been outstanding. I would prefer them to win, but still suspect it'll be the Giants

Its the Giants chance to really cement this team as one of the all time great teams, 3 in 5 years is unbelievable, 2 in 5 years and a NL chanpionship most probably already gives them a great teams title, but it is their chance to take this cake.

This is my 5th World Series since I started following baseball closely, and each of the other 4 years I have always felt there was a clear team to tip come the World Series (Note I have got 2 or 3 wrong). This one though I could toss a coin.

Giants are due to lose a post season series justr as equally the Royals are due to lose a game.

Game 1 is going to be so vital, so vital in fact hat the winner will win the whole thing in my opinion, Giants win, Royals lose home field advantage and the wind goes out of their sales, Royals win and the momentum contues to build and the doubts will be quickly in the Giants mind.

Royals looking very flat at the moment, the facial expressions when they go out you can tell they are getting pretty down and frustrated, to have any chance from here the Royals need to get Bumgarner to leave the game before the 8th.

Giants looking too good tonight so far. But can quickly turn if the Royals can get into the bull pen and try and break the current trend.

KC certainly have certainly got themselves back into it.

Think its going to be a ripper 3 games at AT & T, Still have San Fran slightly ahead, need to get win against Bumgarner in game 4 or 7 to be a chance.

This series is awesome now, Giants come back and win game 4 after struggling.

Madbum to pitch tomorrow to send it back to KC with a lead for the Giants.

These last 3 games will be intense. (if we need all 3).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has been a little quiet, hopefully only because of the weekend and evryone being out enjoying the fresh air.

Certainly got a ripper series, after4 and a half innings today I was ready to put a line through the series, Royals had it wqrapped up, then the Giants went Bang, Bang, now we have a best of three.

Think tomorrows winner will go on to win the series, Royals get that win against Bumgarner and they will wion 1 of tweo at home, or Giants win tomorrow and surely they can get 1 of the last 2 in Kansas.

Even though I have tipped the Giants and I will stick with that, in my 5 years of watching the world Series I have found when an "Unbeatable" pitcher in the eyes of the media comes to the mound they lose. I just have a feeling Madbum is going to get do\ne tomorrow.

But go Giants!!!!!

Certainly have taken control of the series, 2 home games for Kansas, but just feel their World Series inexperience has been exposed the last 14 innings.

Hard to believe that in the bottom of the fifth only about 26 hours ago Giants 2-1 down in the series and 4-2 down in the game and looking anything but a chance of winning anything.

14 to 0 since that point, honestly feel that they now deserve the win, but the thing about baseball is as much as they have been flogged, Kansas city are only 1 game down with 2 home games remaining, really anyone's series.

Bumgarner on 3 days rest could decide who wins this thing.

Certainly have taken control of the series, 2 home games for Kansas, but just feel their World Series inexperience has been exposed the last 14 innings.

Hard to believe that in the bottom of the fifth only about 26 hours ago Giants 2-1 down in the series and 4-2 down in the game and looking anything but a chance of winning anything.

14 to 0 since that point, honestly feel that they now deserve the win, but the thing about baseball is as much as they have been flogged, Kansas city are only 1 game down with 2 home games remaining, really anyone's series.

Bumgarner on 3 days rest could decide who wins this thing.

We were 4-1 down ;) I'm in no way overconfident. Kansas win the next game and all of a sudden it's down to game 7 at Kansas in a one off.

i knew this was going to happen. ******* Giants man

<3

Think whenever the series goes back to the home town 3-2 down its a fifty fifty series. The game 6's atmosphere is a different one to a game 1 and 2 atmosphere, it is going to be loud and its going to be very hard for the Giants to get that 4th win.

Actually sleeping on this I am starting to lean towards Kansas, just purely on home field, will stick with my Giants tip. Think a Bumgarner complete game was massive for the Giants, the Bull Pen is going into a game 6 with full rest, while the Royals have been lit up the last 2 games.

Think if game 6 or game 7 gets to the bull pen, Giants have a massive advantage. But I still feel how Bumgarner is used in game 7 and how the Royals handle that will decide this series.

The AL all star win is the only thing keeping the Royals in this at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back