Haters got owned by Tony Armstrong

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh yeah that's right we need more players like Blair, young, Sinclair, goldsack.. Those are the kinds of intense types who win your premierships. Football skill is overrated good point.
No you need a mixture of both to be a good player.

In any case, every coach or credible football person would take the player who has better intensity/work rate but questionable ball skills over the bloke who can kick but is soft/doesn't work hard.

It's not though, and it's not like his skills are perfect either. Or didn't you watch the game against Hawthorn where he was arguably our worst player, in a game where everyone was poor? Takes some effort to do that.

Your going to judge a player in a game were every body was crap?

Don't mind Armstrong but I don't think he is anything special either. Has some major decencies such as his decision making, ability to lay a tackle, take a strong grab. Yes he has some athleticism and foot skills, however I don't believe he is part of our long term plans.

Simon Buckley MKII

Don't mind Armstrong but I don't think he is anything special either. Has some major decencies such as his decision making, ability to lay a tackle, take a strong grab. Yes he has some athleticism and foot skills, however I don't believe he is part of our long term plans.

Simon Buckley MKII

Armstrong's desicion making abilty is good.

You didn't watch too many of Armstrong's games did you?

Simon Buckley MKII
In the games he got toward the end of the season, one of which he played after already playing in the vfl earlier in the day, he averaged
: 3 tackles per game, which was higher than maxwell, frost, lumumba, Williams, keeffe and Langdon. Basically our whole back line. What have you got to say about that??
: 3.8 marks, higher than beams, pendlebury, frost, goldsack, Blair, Adams broomhead, toovey
: 82% disposal efficiency. Higher than everyone else in the team bar keeffe.
You lose. Top 15 player by a long stretch.

Lol you haters seem to have forgotten how Armstrong owned you all at the end of the season.
It's no coincidence that our worst performances this season coincided with Armstrong playing seniors.

He's not solely to blame but to say he owned us is laughable.

That's funny hey that three of those guys actually ARE Premiership players

Please don't let the facts get in the way of a stupid argument. Somehow Armstrong has reach champion status for some on the back of a few reasonable games at the end of the year.

Armstrong still faces a really challenge breaking into the 22 next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the games he got toward the end of the season, one of which he played after already playing in the vfl earlier in the day, he averaged
: 3 tackles per game, which was higher than maxwell, frost, lumumba, Williams, keeffe and Langdon. Basically our whole back line. What have you got to say about that??
: 3.8 marks, higher than beams, pendlebury, frost, goldsack, Blair, Adams broomhead, toovey
: 82% disposal efficiency. Higher than everyone else in the team bar keeffe.
You lose. Top 15 player by a long stretch.

Random stats do not make your argument any stronger. Not sure Blair, Adams, Toovey etc are there for their making abilities. He did okay when he came in at the end of the year. Nothing more, nothing less. Making anything else out of his performances is unjustified hype. But he did show he may have a role in the team next year if he can maintain those performances.

Your going to judge a player in a game were every body was crap?

Considering he was the worst of the lot and that he was in fact so poor that he consistently made others look crap then yes. I initially wanted to see him delisted at the end of this season and still do. However as it seems most likely that he'll remain I hope he improves the rest of his game to accompany his 'kicking'.

one of our biggest problems especially coming out of defence is poor disposal, Armstrong makes us an infinitely better team. The whole board was on his bandwagon after he finally got played and owned all you haters asses including you, now a couple of months later you're back on with the hate.. Lol you're the one with no cred. Make up your mind.

He owned us? How exactly? He played a VFL game in the morning & then backed up with a good AFL game in the evening. One game does not make a career.
While that was a good effort, it does not make him a best 15 player in our side. Ridiculous comment. Almost as stupid as the "I'm never wrong" comment.
If he was best 15 in our side, he would have played a lot more games in the one's. He got a game because of an horrendous injury list. That is all.

Yea he owned your ass. Spent the whole year mouthing off about what a spud he was and that he'd never get a game then when he came in he was in the top10 players on the ground. There was praise for him from the whole board I'll dig up the threads if you like. No point getting back on the hate now, just makes you look stupid.

Again - He played ONE good game after backing up in the VFL in the morning. Just ONE game.
He got his dues for that, even from me. It was a good effort after getting virtually no recovery time.
But your comment of him being top 15 is ridiculous.
Are you a friend or relo or something?

Again - He played ONE good game after backing up in the VFL in the morning. Just ONE game.
He got his dues for that, even from me. It was a good effort after getting virtually no recovery time.
But your comment of him being top 15 is ridiculous.
Are you a friend or relo or something?
He played very well the previous week, and was in our best 5, the other few games he played he was very good too, with the exception of the hawthorn game. So 4 excellent games out of 5. You obviously weren't paying attention, just busy hating.

He played very well the previous week, and was in our best 5, the other few games he played he was very good too, with the exception of the hawthorn game. So 4 excellent games out of 5. You obviously weren't paying attention, just busy hating.

So now they were excellent games? Give it a rest. Rather than keep derailing the thread.
Lets wait until the end of season 2015. If Armstrong is a best 15 player, he will have played nearly every game in the ones by then & you will be justified & receive an apology.
If he is playing VFL all year & makes no impression, will you admit you were wrong & make an apology as well? Perhaps stop with the arrogant "I'm never wrong" comments as well? Tends to paint a target on your back.

You didn't watch too many of Armstrong's games did you?
We all watched those games. It's just that we aren't biased towards indigenous players like you and BBB.

We all watched those games. It's just that we aren't biased towards indigenous players like you and BBB.
I'm not just biased to indigenous players, I'm also biased to players who can kick the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back