Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know 2 people that are passionate supporters of their clubs but they both got converted in 99.
One from Essendon to north, the other from North to essendon.

I know 2 people that are passionate supporters of their clubs but they both got converted in 99.
Casual passionate supporters then :p

Jan 11, 2010
Everywhere
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
My parents weren't born here so they never really followed footy so it was of my own volition that I came to like it. Started out with a passing in Essendon* because I liked the look of Mal Michael. Then there was a brief period of liking Sydney as well because my friend liked them. I decided I should settle on a Victorian team though, so about the time Judd came to Carlton I thought I'd give them a shot. Something about a team languishing near the bottom with renewed hope for the immediate future spoke to me.

Oh... right, rumours. Erm, I heard that there's the slight possibility of a rumour appearing in this thread in the next few (hundred) pages.

Jul 14, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
My parents weren't born here so they never really followed footy so it was of my own volition that I came to like it. Started out with a passing in Essendon* because I liked the look of Mal Michael. Then there was a brief period of liking Sydney as well because my friend liked them. I decided I should settle on a Victorian team though, so about the time Judd came to Carlton I thought I'd give them a shot. Something about a team languishing near the bottom with renewed hope for the immediate future spoke to me.

Oh... right, rumours. Erm, I heard that there's the slight possibility of a rumour appearing in this thread in the next few (hundred) pages.
You missed out on the dark years..

The mark of a true supporter is those who kept the faith.........

I went for Carlton during the dark years, but I didn't pay that much attention as I was pissed off that we were cheating the cap.

Didn't go to many games, just watch them on TV from time to time.

Win, lose, draw. Rain, hail, shine. Great times, good times, bad times, really bad times. Seen them all and will continue to. Hopefully more wins, shine and great times to come!!! :D

Was with my father at the Brisbane VS Carlton game where we got destroyed by 100+. The week before Pagan was sacked. That was probably the lowest.

I was there too and Pagan got the sack when I was on the plane home. That was the Sunday or Monday following the game

Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
I used to love north myself, but converted to the blues at age 11, after witnessing Kouta strut his stuff in that 99 prelim. when I watched kouta on that day he was the greatest player I had ever seen and I had been watching Carey for at least 6 years before that.

mrjones

All Australian
Nov 27, 2009
South East Qld
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
I'm not a big poster obviously, but I love reading everyone's opinions and goss.
Being born on the Gold Coast it was all league through school but a mate of mine from primary school was from Melbourne and supported Carlton. He made me sit down and watch a game (can't remember who we played) but a certain player with a Hyphen in their name went nuts. That was me sorted, been following the Blues ever since. Said mate jumped ship to Brisbane when they came into the comp. Couldn't bring myself to change and he has been giving me S*#t ever since.
I believe with absolute passion that we are on the right path and success will come with Mick. (I think I said something similar to my mate when we signed Judd.)

I'm not a big poster obviously, but I love reading everyone's opinions and goss.
Being born on the Gold Coast it was all league through school but a mate of mine from primary school was from Melbourne and supported Carlton. He made me sit down and watch a game (can't remember who we played) but a certain player with a Hyphen in their name went nuts. That was me sorted, been following the Blues ever since. Said mate jumped ship to Brisbane when they came into the comp. Couldn't bring myself to change and he has been giving me S*#t ever since.
I believe with absolute passion that we are on the right path and success will come with Mick. (I think I said something similar to my mate when we signed Judd.)

WooooooooHoooooooo............we got your one post per year mrjones :) :thumbsu:

I didn't have anyone guide, coerce or force to me to follow a team.
Had to think it over as a kid and made a decision..............the right decision. :)

mrjones

All Australian
Nov 27, 2009
South East Qld
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
WooooooooHoooooooo............we got your one post per year mrjones :) :thumbsu:

I didn't have anyone guide, coerce or force to me to follow a team.
Had to think it over as a kid and made a decision..............the right decision. :)
I seriously knew bugger all about footy and had no one in my family that followed a team at the time. I was stoked to be introduced to the game. It was even better when the Bears entered the comp, could at last go and see a game live.
Excellent facilities at Carrarao_O

TheBlue

Senior List
Nov 2, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Started going for carlton when I was 10, in the season of 2006. Needless to say I at least got a taste of the dark years...

MileHigh

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Are you sure it wasnt some sort of Freaky Friday body swap situation?

MV5BNDE0NTQwODM5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzQ2Nzk5._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back