Pakistan vs Australia (in the UAE)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd just like to point of at this stage that I was clearly joking re: Maxwell (given I apparently set the whole thing off), however he's far better credentialed than some are giving him credit for here

I'd just like to point of at this stage that I was clearly joking re: Maxwell, however he's far better credentialed than some are giving him credit for here
He certainly couldn't do worse than some in the side in this match.

I'd just like to point of at this stage that I was clearly joking re: Maxwell, however he's far better credentialed than some are giving him credit for here

He has done a lot more than Mitch Marsh has that is for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How relevant are results from when he was a teenager?

Even if you take out those results he still wouldn't have a FC average suitable for a test match number 6.

Don't get me wrong, I think the guy has a lot of talent and will play a lot of cricket for Australia, but he was picked off one innings for Australia A and besides that has shown nothing to warrant selection.

Even if you take out those results he still wouldn't have a FC average suitable for a test match number 6.

Don't get me wrong, I think the guy has a lot of talent and will play a lot of cricket for Australia, but he was picked off one innings for Australia A and besides that has shown nothing to warrant selection.

That's fair but I think now that we've selected him we should give the series at least.

Doolan is the one to drop. Smith to three.

That's fair but I think now that we've selected him we should give the series at least.

Doolan is the one to drop. Smith to three.

Honestly, now that he is there I would give him another match, especially considering Doolan needs to go also. But I do think it's fair for us to question whether he should be their in the first place. Out obsession with all rounders infuriates me.

This would be my side for the next test. Doolan is not test standard IMO and Smith just seems like the perfect number. 3 in that side. As much as people seem to think Maxwell can't play cricket he is a terrific player of spin and has the runs on the board. Hopefully Boof can't sort out his temperament because he has one of the best eyes in world cricket. I'm not sure it matters who we pick out of Siddle, Hilfy and Starc, we miss Harris and Patto big time.

Rogers
Warner
Smith
Clarke
Maxwell
Marsh
Haddin
Johnson
O'Keefe
Hilfy/Starc/Siddle
Lyon

Remove this Banner Ad