2015 Fixture - Abuse the AFL here

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be stunned if that happened, and if it was going to, I suspect we would have heard by now.
If they were promised that it leaves Essendon and Richmond as the choices, both of which could give a VFL-AFL double header on a Saturday.

If they were promised that it leaves Essendon and Richmond as the choices, both of which could give a VFL-AFL double header on a Saturday.
Or they'll get neither. Richmond at the MCG and us at Etihad.

We only play Carlton once next year? The ****?
Equalisation of fixtures. They were in the bottom group, so can only play a max of 2 teams in the middle group (including Essendon, Collingwood and Richmond). Given our rivalry with Hawthorn, and the fact we're overdue to play them twice, we were the obvious choice.

Equalisation of fixtures. They were in the bottom group, so can only play a max of 2 teams in the middle group (including Essendon, Collingwood and Richmond). Given our rivalry with Hawthorn, and the fact we're overdue to play them twice, we were the obvious choice.
Also, Collingwood and Richmond are finally playing twice, for the first time since 2007.

With the new rules and 18 teams, that was always likely to push out one of the 'big 4' from playing twice.

Also, Collingwood and Richmond are finally playing twice, for the first time since 2007.

With the new rules and 18 teams, that was always likely to push out one of the 'big 4' from playing twice.
If we had beaten North, I could almost guarantee we'd play all 3 and Hawthorn twice.

Other teams besides Hawthorn whom we haven't doubled against in a while are:

Melbourne (2005)
Freo (2009)
Adelaide (2008)
Gold Coast (never)
Geelong (2010)
Brisbane (2009)
St Kilda (2010)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't think so, nor Tassie again either (we played Fitzroy in Hobart in 1992).
As im originally from Tas I was at that game. If my memory serves me correctly we won by less than a goal.

It was the first time I got to see essendon play in real life.

I watched it with my older brother who was a Fitzroy supporter.

From memory he forced me to 'admit' Fitzroy deserved to win, so I did. He hit me anyway:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back