TPFP closed :(

Remove this Banner Ad

i miss tpfp. I know its a hard job controlling everyone, but bigfooty is far too censored. dont do a thread about this, careful or ill red card for that, close this thread cos its too far off track yada yada yada. too much ego for my liking around here.

see you in a week people

i miss tpfp. I know its a hard job controlling everyone, but bigfooty is far too censored. dont do a thread about this, careful or ill red card for that, close this thread cos its too far off track yada yada yada. too much ego for my liking around here.

see you in a week people

what?! dude, that forum lost countless users, me included, simply because we mentioned BigFooty. I honestly got banned from that forum because I asked about the 'beef' between boards. Those dinosaurs are so paranoid they think every second user is a "troll."

essentially you're mad because this forum is moderated.. funny because the one you came from was ridiculous!

this forum is gigantic and may be a little intimidating at first. I remember I didn't like it initially because I was used to a Port only board, I just wanted to talk Port on a Port board, but I quickly realised that this community was strong - also back then ie. post 07-GF, supporter morale was at an all time low and I thought it was very sad that two Port communities had 'beef' for whatever reason. Now that the place is closed I hope all those community members join us to make one giant Port community, that is what we all want!

Last edited:

i changed over to here at least a year, maybe more before it closed (btw, i changed names recently here so opened new account, its ridiculous that you have to pay money to change name), so not sure how moderated it was near the end. but when i was there it certainly wasn't that bad. maybe it got worse. i stopped going there cos this one seemed to be a younger crowd and was more of a laugh. i just cant stand how much of a god the moderators feel like they are.

but what do you do.

onwards and upwards

caaaarn the pear

what?! dude, that forum lost countless users, me included, simply because we mentioned BigFooty. I honestly got banned from that forum because I asked about the 'beef' between boards. Those dinosaurs are so paranoid they think every second user is a "troll."

essentially you're mad because this forum is moderated.. funny because the one you came from was ridiculous!

this forum is gigantic and may be a little intimidating at first. I remember I didn't like it initially because I was used to a Port only board, I just wanted to talk Port on a Port board, but I quickly realised that this community was strong - also back then ie. post 07-GF, supporter morale was at an all time low and I thought it was very sad that two Port communities had 'beef' for whatever reason. Now that the place is closed I hope all those community members join us to make one giant Port community, that is what we all want!

mate im not new around here. just got a new account cos i didnt want to fork out 20 bucks to change name

I think it's fun. I don't get in trouble with mods(only Chief because I broke the trends) because I try to obey the rules. Rules are there because posters gave reason for them to be implemented. Just be glad I aren't a mod...or I would ban every one of you bastards that look at me utensil-eyed

i changed over to here at least a year, maybe more before it closed (btw, i changed names recently here so opened new account, its ridiculous that you have to pay money to change name), so not sure how moderated it was near the end. but when i was there it certainly wasn't that bad. maybe it got worse. i stopped going there cos this one seemed to be a younger crowd and was more of a laugh. i just cant stand how much of a god the moderators feel like they are.

but what do you do.

onwards and upwards

caaaarn the pear

Really? I find this board well moderated. Those for other teams....some not so much. But i spend most of my time here so no real concerns.

And as for mods thinking they are gods.... I just don't see it.

I think it's fun. I don't get in trouble with mods(only Chief because I broke the trends) because I try to obey the rules. Rules are there because posters gave reason for them to be implemented. Just be glad I aren't a mod...or I would ban every one of you bastards that look at me utensil-eyed

campaigner

Really? I find this board well moderated. Those for other teams....some not so much. But i spend most of my time here so no real concerns.

And as for mods thinking they are gods.... I just don't see it.
A board without mods would be like a footy game without umpires: it'd be anarchy without them. I reckon they do a damn fine job, and I wouldn't like to replace one of them to see if I could do any better!!!!!

I had no problems on TPFP, not that I posted that often, and have really enjoyed my time here (so far). The only time I have been banned is when i tried to reason with Crows supporters on their board - obviously a futile exercise so I probably should have expected the ban. I know everyone is unique but I feel very comfortable here at Bigfooty, on the Port board. Also I've learnt if you post on the Bay 13 board you should expect to feel dirty at some stage.

Last edited:
. i just cant stand how much of a god the moderators feel like they are.

Say what? I don't see it either?

Posted on both tpfp and here from 2005 - I was booted from there in about 2010 - when there was much angst between supporters and the the two sites!

I had no warning nor able to discuss it - thats over zealous moderating?

Anyways...hope you stay and enjoy the port dicussions!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

iamgod.jpg

I had no problems on TPFP, not that I posted that often, and have really enjoyed my time here (so far). The only time I have been banned is when i tried to reason with Crows supporters on their board - obviously a futile exercise so I probably should have expected the ban. I know everyone is unique but I feel very comfortable here at Bigfooty, on the Port board. Also I've learnt if you post on the Bay 13 board you should expect to feel dirty at some stage.

Snap ! I was censured on the Crows board hence I no longer bother with it.

I have not seen it on the Port forum as yet but it annoys the crap out of me when I see, 'Adelaide supporters only' or 'Essendon supporters only' on other forums. It shows just how precious these people are. It also suggests that the moderators on some boards are lazy sods who do not want to follow up on inappropriate responses. If some troll slags a club off it is one thing but when someone from another club posts contrary but non abusive opinion that is an entirely different matter. I would have liked to have debated the Paddy Ryder or Brenton Sanderson situations with Essendon or Adelaide supporters but couldn't and I found that both insulting and annoying. So up 'em I will stick to those forums where all opinion is valued.

I got severely flamed at TPFP when I wrote that KT was an 'outsider'. Even with the inverted commas.
Don't worry !Everyone got flamed over there if your opinion didn't go the same way as the moderators.Mark Williams was a protected species as Jenny would always come to his defense then they would all lick her bum saying good on yer Jen.Courageous decision Jen etc etc

yeah i was prob jut having a bad day. i love the moderators here. they are great guys. the best.

one thing i do remember about tpfp was that i wasnt allowed to mention bigfooty. didnt really know why since it wasnt a profiting gig for them.

Sorry for the bump. Just wanted to check the sentiment a year in. Was just thinking about the day I went to the dunny, opened safari on my iPhone and got redirected to a site closed page. It really was quite traumatizing. I had no idea about BF so felt gutted and had no idea what I was going to do.

Once I found BF, it took a while to get used to coexisting with opposition supporters and have been carded twice (once from Freo board and once from main board), but other than that, very happy with the level of information and range of views.

I was only with TPFP a few years before it shut down. I know there were a few grudges between the two sites but I hope BF have found some value in the posters that did come over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back