2014-15 EPL, Matchday 10

Remove this Banner Ad

3 wins on the trot now following this morning's league cup! Starting to think we might have turned the corner and can get something out of the Liverpool game.

I still have massive doubts over Pardew and his ability to take the team forward but he certainly seems to have ridden the worst of the storm so far and got the players playing for him. A few weeks ago, his position looked almost untenable. Deserves my grudging respect for turning it around (though still has a long way to go before the fans openly support him again).

4am for a game against Sunderland :( bet everyone will be getting up early for that cracker ;)

Will get up just to watch Jedinak put 6 goals past that hapless excuse for a club! :D

Well apparently he's the 5th best player in Europe this season so you all should be watching :p

Saw that yesterday! Wasn't he ranked #1 from the EPL?

Great stuff! :cool:

Well apparently he's the 5th best player in Europe this season so you all should be watching :p

Was going to mention this supposed stat that Fox has been peddling for a few days now. Utter rubbish and a bit embarrassing for our broadcaster to be getting so giddy about it.

Haha yeah I thought it was a joke when I heard it to be honest :s

Basically looks like they've used some obscure fantasy scoring site which uses Opta stats to form their opinion. This uses a complex formula to determine a player's score. Defensive actions like blocks/tackles/etc. are supposedly given a higher rating. In a lower side which doesn't have as much possession, of course players are going to perform more defensive actions.

A great example is Hull having 3 players in the top 20 on whoscored.com (Dawson, Davies and Diame) vs Everton's 0. Does that mean that those three would get into Evertons' Starting XI (well, Dawson and Davies might based on Everton's defence :p ) but the general point is, no they wouldn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

image.php
2-1
image.php

image.php
4-0
burnley113-34849113-34849.png

image.php
3-1
logo_qpr_ico_20.gif

image.php
2-1
image.php

image.php
1-3
image.php

Leicester-City-673-20x20.png
1-1
image.php

image.php
1-2
image.php

image.php
1-3
image.php

image.php
1-2
image.php

image.php
2-0
image.php

Gonna be on a plane during the derby :(
Where are you off to mate?

Im not confident. But we have been so terrible, it's hard to be confident. Newcastle are in good form. :(

Lol at so many people tipping United to beat City at Etihad. Yeah, nah.

Any likely outs/injuries jod? Think Cisse is looking unlikely to play but we might have Tiote back which would be a big help.

Any likely outs/injuries jod? Think Cisse is looking unlikely to play but we might have Tiote back which would be a big help.

Sturridge, Sakho, Suso and Flanagan are still out. Sounds like Borini is going to be given another opportunity after a very impressive display against Swansea the other day. If that's the case then I'd expect to see us line up in a diamond formation:

-------Balotelli--Borini---------
-----------Sterling------------
-----Coutinho--Henderson-----
-----------Gerrard------------
Moreno-Lovren-Skrtel-Manquillo
-----------Mignolet-----------

Subs: Jones, Toure, Johnson, Can, Allen, Lallana, Lambert

Sturridge, Sakho, Suso and Flanagan are still out. Sounds like Borini is going to be given another opportunity after a very impressive display against Swansea the other day. If that's the case then I'd expect to see us line up in a diamond formation:

-------Balotelli--Borini---------
-----------Sterling------------
-----Coutinho--Henderson-----
-----------Gerrard------------
Moreno-Lovren-Skrtel-Manquillo
-----------Mignolet-----------

Subs: Jones, Toure, Johnson, Can, Allen, Lallana, Lambert

Bloody Borini! He better not score. I'm confident we can get a draw at least but if we have to lose, please don't let Borini (or Henderson or even Mignolet) score! :D

Maybe you can recall Aspas - think I saw he scored a cracker overnight.

I'd personally like to see the following team for us.
-----------------Cisse---------------
Aarons----------Sissoko------Obertan
------------Colback--Tiote-----------
Haidara--Dummett--Colocinni--Janmaat
-----------------Krul-----------------

Subs: Elliot, Taylor, Taylor, Anita, Ameobi, Cabella, Perez.

If Cisse isn't fit, I'd like to see 2 up top with Perez and Armstrong or Riviere.

Pardew seems to be trying to infuse a lot of pace into his more recent lineups - Sissoko, Obertan, Aarons, Ameobi and Cabella all playing important parts in our recent turn of form (undefeated in October) :cool:.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back