2015 Fixture - Abuse the AFL here

Remove this Banner Ad

But seriously, including 2015, Essendon will have played Fremantle at Subiaco 5 times in a row and 8 out of the past 10 matches between the sides.

Only having had a quick glance, looks like a pretty sweet fixture.

Pros;
Travel only 3 times in the first 18 rounds.
Double-ups against Collingwood, Richmond, St. Kilda & North.

Last edited:
But seriously, including 2015, Essendon will have played Fremantle at Subiaco 5 times in a row and 8 out of the past 10 matches between the sides.
We had a similar run against Adelaide. played them something like 10 years in a row in Adelaide.

FIXture

We had a similar run against Adelaide. played them something like 10 years in a row in Adelaide.

FIXture
Played Sydney in Sydney thirteen years in a row from 1999 to 2011. Though some years in that run we had home games against them too.

First half of season looks rough back half of the season not so bad.

Only having had a quick glance, looks like a pretty sweet fixture.

Cons;
Travel only 3 times in the first 18 rounds.
Double-ups against Collingwood, Richmond, St. Kilda & North.

Add Hawks to the double ups. Both before rd13. Plus 2 perth trips in the first half of season, lucky we always finish the season strong:drunk:

Pretty good considering, with one of the exceptions being Melbourne game at the MCG and Geelong at etihad. It's good to actually play Hawks at the MCG and twice as well.

When do we reckon Fletch will play his 400th? Not sure he will go to Perth in round 6 so that puts it back to round 8 against Brisbane at Etihad if he plays the rest.

Pretty good considering, with one of the exceptions being Melbourne game at the MCG and Geelong at etihad. It's good to actually play Hawks at the MCG and twice as well.
Yeah, basically, if you swapped the Melbourne and Geelong games in location, I'd be happy.

When do we reckon Fletch will play his 400th? Not sure he will go to Perth in round 6 so that puts it back to round 8 against Brisbane at Etihad if he plays the rest.
He'll miss another one or two in there I reckon.

Richmond Round 9, or Geelong Round 10, are the most likely I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the rundown is:

Sydney, Fremantle, West Coast, GWS, Gold Coast away. Should be aiming for 4 wins there, 3 wins is a pass.
Brisbane, Adelaide, Port at home. Should be aiming for 3 wins there, 2 wins is a pass.
Hawthorn, North, St. Kilda, Collingwood, Richmond double ups. Should be aiming for 9 wins there, 7 wins a pass.
Carlton, Geelong, Melbourne, Western Bulldogs once. Should be aiming for 4 wins there, 3 wins a pass.

Overall that means we're aiming for 20 wins (unlikely) with 15 as a pass mark. I might be overrating us a little.

It doesnt bother me too much, or maybe it does, have to think about it, but is just patently wrong - all matchups should be home then away then rinse & repeat, including the likes of Geelong, but of course will never happen.

So the rundown is:

Sydney, Fremantle, West Coast, GWS, Gold Coast away. Should be aiming for 4 wins there, 3 wins is a pass.
Brisbane, Adelaide, Port at home. Should be aiming for 3 wins there, 2 wins is a pass.
Hawthorn, North, St. Kilda, Collingwood, Richmond double ups. Should be aiming for 9 wins there, 7 wins a pass.
Carlton, Geelong, Melbourne, Western Bulldogs once. Should be aiming for 4 wins there, 3 wins a pass.

Overall that means we're aiming for 20 wins (unlikely) with 15 as a pass mark. I might be overrating us a little.

I really hope we are aiming for 22 wins

Good quick summation from Jay Clarke. We got the fair rough end again this year. You can tell he's struggling for ticks with the four home games at the MCG considering it's part of our contract that we have that many every single year, plus 17 games in Melbourne is bog standard for any Victorian based club. So basically, no ticks.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/af...day-night-lights/story-fnelctok-1227107005864

ESSENDON

TICK: Four MCG home games against Hawthorn, Collingwood, Melbourne and Richmond.

TICK: Seventeen games in Melbourne in total, including nine at Etihad Stadium and eight at MCG.

CROSS: Consecutive six-day breaks in Rounds 6 (Fremantle — away) and 7 (North Melbourne).

CROSS: Plays only one bottom-six side twice — St Kilda.

CROSS: Tough start to the year. Grand Finalists Sydney and Hawthorn in Rounds 1 and 2.

CROSS: Only two Friday night games — both against North Melbourne.

CLUB SAYS: “We’d probably like to be playing a little bit more Friday night football ... It is a tough footy fixture, particularly early, but I think we’re up for the challenge.” Bombers chief Xavier Campbell

— JAY CLARK

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/af...day-night-lights/story-fnelctok-1227107005864

Remove this Banner Ad

Back