Unofficial Preview 2015 NMFC Fixture Thread (full fixture PG11/post 256)

What should Roos do/request from 2015 fixture?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To be fair, it's only 6 games because you have already decided you can't be bothered going to two of them.

Each to their own and all that, but it's a slightly odd mindset. The Dogs game could be a yawn, but the Lions game could be tight.
Football is a luxury and if the club wants to play 3 games in Hobart and take a Richmond grudge match away from us, I expect us to get 8 blockbusters in Melbourne as compensation. Has not met my expectations.
Quite frankly the last few days are a wake up call for US and right now whats to say potential members arent tossing up paying $45 a game to sit in decent seats instead of signing up as members and keeping $200 in their pocket.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
GWS in Sydney heading into a bye? *shudder*

Hopefully the players aren't mentally on a break early as they so often seem to be pre bye. Danger game!

I'm glad I changed my membership to a Victorian one. You only have to hang around the front to get free access to GWS home games.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
Football is a luxury and if the club wants to play 3 games in Hobart and take a Richmond grudge match away from us, I expect us to get 8 blockbusters in Melbourne as compensation. Has not met my expectations.
Quite frankly the last few days are a wake up call for US and right now whats to say potential members arent tossing up paying $45 a game to sit in decent seats instead of signing up as members and keeping $200 in their pocket.

My Shimma club membership has absolutely plummeted in value for money. I now only get my seat for eight games, not 11. Four of those eight games are against interstate sides. The other four are the Dogs, Hawthorn, Essendon and Geelong. It's absolutely bullshit.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
My Shimma club membership has absolutely plummeted in value for money. I now only get my seat for eight games, not 11. Four of those eight games are against interstate sides. The other four are the Dogs, Hawthorn, Essendon and Geelong. It's absolutely bullshit.
What can you do about this outrageous situation?

hotham

NMFC 1869
North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jan 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eels
Do we get three replacement games this year ?

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Not a whole lot. So I'll have to deal with it. But that's beside the point.
Not really. Change things, accept it or complain. In the end, complaining won't change it or bring peace. Balls in your court tennis player! ;)

hotham

NMFC 1869
North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jan 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eels
Carlton on Friday is train crash value...another s**t year performance wise and the heat is on Mick re contract renewal...or sacking.

Or Richmond and Collingwood were unavailable on July 17.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Rd1. Adelaide away - Win, BS breaks his round 1 hoodoo
Rd2. Brisbane home (ES) - Win, they have no KPP up front, nice midfield though
Rd3. Port home (ES) - Win, Hard fought < a goal in it.
Rd4. Geelong away - Loss, worst road trip in the comp
Rd5. Hawthorn home (ES) - Loss, pretty good side
Rd6. Richmond home (BA) - Win, they are out bitches
Rd7. Essendon away (ES) - Win, home game for us really
Rd8. Freo away - Loss, will be close
Rd9. Collingwood away (MCG) - Win, gone backwards. Trent to KO Levi in the 2nd quarter
Rd10. West Coast home (BA) - Win, long road for WCE to Tassie
Rd11. Sydney home (ES) - Win, been wanting to see this game live for years
Rd12. GWS away - Win, witches hats would offer more
Rd13. Bye
Rd14. Gold Coast away - Win, well rested and owe them one
Rd15. Geelong home (ES) - Win, not as good at ES
Rd16. Essendon home (ES) - Win, the boys promised me so I had bragging rights over the wife and daughter
Rd17. Brisbane away - Win, see above
Rd18. Carlton away (ES) Win, Going in reverse, Waite to kick a bag
Rd19. Melbourne away (MCG) - Win, Jack Watts hates this
Rd20. St Kilda home (BA) Win, see GWS
Rd21. Freo home (ES) Win, will be pumped after losing earlier in the season
Rd22. Dogs home (ES) - Win end of a long year for their kids
Rd23. Richmond away (ES) - Win, relegated to 9th Again.

19-3 after the Home and Away Season.

Top 2 finish

B&F Cunnington

Goals: Ben Brown ----> 65

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Friday night games being dominated by mediocre football teams for one.
With large followings.

Gotta ensure the advertisers get bang for their buck so that the TV stations can generate a heap of advertising $$$ so that the AFL can smack them for billions next time the rights are up for renewal. It sucks, but thats the way of the world unfortunately.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Not really. Change things, accept it or complain. In the end, complaining won't change it or bring peace. Balls in your court tennis player! ;)

The club treats it's members poorly IMO. Increasing membership prices, decreasing access. I'll always be a member, but it would be nice if the price you paid reflected the value.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
With large followings.

Gotta ensure the advertisers get bang for their buck so that the TV stations can generate a heap of advertising $$$ so that the AFL can smack them for billions next time the rights are up for renewal. It sucks, but thats the way of the world unfortunately.

Fully aware of that. I thought the game was returning to the fans.

Obviously not.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Carlton on Friday is train crash value...another s**t year performance wise and the heat is on Mick re contract renewal...or sacking.

It's going to be worth tuning in on a Friday to watch them get spanked. Friday night press conferences and talkback radio is going to be most entertaining.:thumbsu:

hotham

NMFC 1869
Jan 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eels
The club treats it's members poorly IMO. Increasing membership prices, decreasing access. I'll always be a member, but it would be nice if the price you paid reflected the value.

I agree. I buy membership based on loyalty and love for the club. If I was to buy membership solely on value for money, I'd swap allegiances and follow one of the Big 4.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Pretty happy with that draw. We only play the other final 4 once and we have a good run home.
Start of the year could be interesting. We don't usually do well against the Crows over there, and they'll be pumped at home with a new coach and full house. Plus we are perennially slow starters. The round 3-5 stretch against Port, Geelong and Hawthorn home is pretty tough. 3-2 after round 5 would be a good result, especially given Ziebell, Black, Brown, Petrie would not have had full pre-seasons.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Back