Unofficial Preview 2015 NMFC Fixture Thread (full fixture PG11/post 256)

What should Roos do/request from 2015 fixture?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I still don't understand why we didn't get more Friday nights? I understand broadcasting, advertising and all that, but correct me if I'm wrong I though we were attracting big audiences on these last year despite having a smaller following because neutral supporters enjoyed watching us?

Rd1. Adelaide away - Win, BS breaks his round 1 hoodoo
Rd2. Brisbane home (ES) - Win, they have no KPP up front, nice midfield though
Rd3. Port home (ES) - Win, Hard fought < a goal in it.
Rd4. Geelong away - Loss, worst road trip in the comp
Rd5. Hawthorn home (ES) - Loss, pretty good side
Rd6. Richmond home (BA) - Win, they are out bitches
Rd7. Essendon away (ES) - Win, home game for us really
Rd8. Freo away - Loss, will be close
Rd9. Collingwood away (MCG) - Win, gone backwards. Trent to KO Levi in the 2nd quarter
Rd10. West Coast home (BA) - Win, long road for WCE to Tassie
Rd11. Sydney home (ES) - Win, been wanting to see this game live for years
Rd12. GWS away - Win, witches hats would offer more
Rd13. Bye
Rd14. Gold Coast away - Win, well rested and owe them one
Rd15. Geelong home (ES) - Win, not as good at ES
Rd16. Essendon home (ES) - Win, the boys promised me so I had bragging rights over the wife and daughter
Rd17. Brisbane away - Win, see above
Rd18. Carlton away (ES) Win, Going in reverse, Waite to kick a bag
Rd19. Melbourne away (MCG) - Win, Jack Watts hates this
Rd20. St Kilda home (BA) Win, see GWS
Rd21. Freo home (ES) Win, will be pumped after losing earlier in the season
Rd22. Dogs home (ES) - Win end of a long year for their kids
Rd23. Richmond away (ES) - Win, relegated to 9th Again.

19-3 after the Home and Away Season.

Top 2 finish

B&F Cunnington

Goals: Ben Brown ----> 65

Look I think you are being a bit pessimistic there B4Bear. I've also had a (very, very quick) look and now that we've got Waitey and Higginsy and pissed off Grevi Leenwoods, I can't see us losing a game, culminating in us creating history to be only the second club to win a GF in October.

Football is a luxury and if the club wants to play 3 games in Hobart and take a Richmond grudge match away from us, I expect us to get 8 blockbusters in Melbourne as compensation. Has not met my expectations.
Quite frankly the last few days are a wake up call for US and right now whats to say potential members arent tossing up paying $45 a game to sit in decent seats instead of signing up as members and keeping $200 in their pocket.

Fair enough. We see it differently.

How do we determine a "blockbuster"? An ordinary team with a large following (Carlton/Collingwood) a top team with a ordinary Vic following (Port/Swans)

I'm happy to go and watch North play regardless of the opposition. I go because North are playing, not who they are playing. Not cool in these theatre going, "blockbuster "days.

I still don't understand why we didn't get more Friday nights? I understand broadcasting, advertising and all that, but correct me if I'm wrong I though we were attracting big audiences on these last year despite having a smaller following because neutral supporters enjoyed watching us?

Seven Sat night matches is pretty good too.

And most of those will be on FTA.

Personally I prefer Sat nights to take the kids, no rushing from work/school etc.

I am going to my 1st Tassie game next year - how hard is it to get tickets?

I don't want to book flights and accommodation and miss on tickets.
I'd reckon with the new stand it'll be fine as long as you jump on quick enough when they're released. I ditched the tassie extension this year and will get tickets for a single game instead. Blundstone games are great.

And you want JB to do what exactly? Pokies? Ask the AFL for compensation? Pull out of Tassie?

By the time JB is done we will be 100% cap, no debt, 45 k members, facility and our own VFL team.

And a Tasmanian team.

Fair enough. We see it differently.

How do we determine a "blockbuster"? An ordinary team with a large following (Carlton/Collingwood) a top team with a ordinary Vic following (Port/Swans)

I'm happy to go and watch North play regardless of the opposition. I go because North are playing, not who they are playing. Not cool in these theatre going, "blockbuster "days.
Im paying the same if not more than 2014 pricing for one less game.
Im not the one the club should be concerned about. Im the diehard who will renew each year no matter what. Regardless if I attend or not I will always give my membership to a relative who can go.
This is not a 'I love North and will go to see them no matter what' argument. There is nothing to see different here. There is no high road being discussed.
This is ensuring the club does not continue to get geed by the AFL and the supporters copping the brunt of it.

It would be great to get Friday night home games against Carlton, *, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Geelong and Richmond but lets face it, our club has half the appeal to TV execs as those guys due to national following figures. I would expect more than 2 though, so that is disappointing.

Overall its a decent draw. The Sunday graveyard times have been slashed and our run home is looking good. Home games in Melbourne against *, Hawthorn and Geelong should see strong crowds. Home games against Brisbane, Dogs, Port and Sydney will struggle to break even. We should sell out the Richmond game in Hobart, making some really good coin from that, and hopefully the same for the Saints game.

Not overly upset about it all tbh.

Carlton on Friday is train crash value...another s**t year performance wise and the heat is on Mick re contract renewal...or sacking.

I'm very hopeful that Carlton lose their first 3 games, by over 100 points each, leading to that happy chappy Mick getting the sack one week (or two depending on the current debate about the Pies 1930 flag, Bob Rush and Jock McHale and who coached them to that win - I'd solve it easily. Take it off them and give it to Fitzroy. We were robbed that year) before he equals or takes the record for most games coached.

Wouldn't the Press Conference after he was sacked, with just Stevo in attendance be an absolute rib-tickler?

If you saw the price of Collingwood memberships you may re thing the value for money aspect.

You're probably right Passmore. I'm just so annoyed that NM are playing Richmond in Tassie, yet we still cop an abundance of home games against interstate clubs at Eithad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which games are our free-to-air games?

It's a decent run of FTA football, particularly early in the season.

Channel 7:

Rd. 1 - Adelaide
Rd. 3 - Port (Sat Night)
Rd. 4 - Geelong
Rd. 5 - Hawthorn (Sat Night)
Rd. 6 - Richmond
Rd. 7 - Essendon (Friday)
Rd. 9 - Collingwood
Rd 10 - West Coast
Rd 11 - Sydney (Sat Night)
Rd 15 - Geelong (Sat Night)
Rd 16 - Essendon (Friday)
Rd 18 - Carlton (Sat Night)

Overall, it's a good fixture. Bring it on.

one positive about boomers 400th at the gabba : maybe we will finally win a game up there :drunk:

It's a decent run of FTA football, particularly early in the season.

Channel 7:

Rd. 1 - Adelaide
Rd. 3 - Port (Sat Night)
Rd. 4 - Geelong
Rd. 5 - Hawthorn (Sat Night)
Rd. 6 - Richmond
Rd. 7 - Essendon (Friday)
Rd. 9 - Collingwood
Rd 10 - West Coast
Rd 11 - Sydney (Sat Night)
Rd 15 - Geelong (Sat Night)
Rd 16 - Essendon (Friday)
Rd 18 - Carlton (Sat Night)

Overall, it's a good fixture. Bring it on.
Except in Brisbane when EVERY Lions/Suns game is FTA, which is most bloody Saturday Nights :'(

I'd give this draw a B

Subject to change tomorrow ;)

You're probably right Passmore. I'm just so annoyed that NM are playing Richmond in Tassie, yet we still cop an abundance of home games against interstate clubs at Eithad.

Positive is that you can sit where you like with your legs spread, back pack on seat and no one to piss you off in front, behind or beside you...or change goals each quarter.

It's not terrible but not great either.

Call me a cynic but if * only got 3 Friday night games (instead of their standard 7-8) it's because the AFL don't want the ASADA *Bombers getting too much exposure. After all, according to Gilligan they were the reason for 50% of AFL brand damage this year. (or they think * will have players suspended and won't have anywhere near a full strength side).

Seven Sat night matches is pretty good too.

And most of those will be on FTA.

Personally I prefer Sat nights to take the kids, no rushing from work/school etc.
Yeah sat night is better i think and only geelong fremantle twice instead of hawks and Sydney i think we dodged a bullet

Fantastic draw. TV exclusivity aside, I reckon Sat nights are a positive for the club re fans getting to the game. Well it is for me anyway - much easier taking the kids on Sat night with work / travel. Only 1 Sunday twilight is the pièce de résistance!

Good match ups, good balance of who we play where, no excuses!!

NORTH MELBOURNE

TICK: Gets its wish for an extra game in Tassie and will now make three appearances in Hobart — one against big-drawing Richmond.

TICK: North’s Bean counters would be happy with home games against big clubs Hawthorn, Geelong and Essendon.

TICK: Gets the ideal lead-in to a potential finals appearance, playing at Etihad Stadium in the last three weeks of the season.

CROSS: Would be disappointed such an exciting 2014 season only saw them rewarded with two Friday night games, but they get seven Saturday night matches.

CROSS: Friendly run home balanced out by tough start, with Adelaide (away), Port Adelaide, Geelong and Hawthorn coming in the first five rounds.

CLUB SAYS: “The AFL has seen the excitement the team can produce with an exciting brand of football, with the two Friday night and seven Saturday night games. Those are really strong TV viewing timeslots.” Kangaroos chief Carl Dilena

Positive is that you can sit where you like with your legs spread, back pack on seat and no one to piss you off in front, behind or beside you...or change goals each quarter.

Absolutely, Gaso,

Back