How would you change your teams fixture for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

coryne

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 15, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
If you could make three changes to your teams fixture for 2015 what would they be? They could be changes to the teams which you face, the venues games are played at or time slots pllayed in etc, but you only get three changes and please try and make them balanced (e.g don't just replace three top 4 teams with three bottom for teams, and if you are taking out interstate trips please try and replace them with another).

For Carlton I would go with

1) Play Fremantle at Ethihad instead of Paterson's stadium in Round 16
2) Play Adelaide in Adelaide in rd 10
3) Play Hawthorn at the MCG in rd 17

Why ???

1) We currently have two trips to Perth, and we have not played Freo in Melbourne since 2008 iirc. This change would also mean that we dont have a 6 day turn around from rd 16 to 17 which includes a flight back from Perth

2) We currently don't have a game in Adelaide, so that sucks for our SA Blues fans, and we play Adelaide at the MCG so making this an away game would help free up an MCG game for Carlton.

3) I would rather face Hawthorn at the MCG than at Ethihad. I would have gone with changing out Geelong game from Ethihad to the MCG but this is a Geelong home game, not a Carlton home game.

What do you think ??? I don't think the changes are too unrealistic, but they would have made life that little bit easier for Carlton. And what changes would you implement for your side ???

1. Play Freo in Melbourne and Port in Adelaide
2. Play Melbourne at Docklands and Geelong at the MCG

Play Hawks at the MCG - Less travel time, more practice on the MCG
More games on FTA - 3 is pretty poor.
Friday\Saturday game in round 13 following the Thursday game vs Collingwood. Would rather 3 8 day breaks than one 11 day break.
Less games on Sunday. - Just because Collingwood doesn't like them doesn't mean we get 12.
A Saturday game in round 22 - Don't want a 6 day break going into finals.

If you could make three changes to your teams fixture for 2015 what would they be? They could be changes to the teams which you face, the venues games are played at or time slots pllayed in etc, but you only get three changes and please try and make them balanced (e.g don't just replace three top 4 teams with three bottom for teams, and if you are taking out interstate trips please try and replace them with another).

Why ???

1) We currently have two trips to Perth, and we have not played Freo in Melbourne since 2008 iirc. This change would also mean that we dont have a 6 day turn around from rd 16 to 17 which includes a flight back from Perth

2) We currently don't have a game in Adelaide, so that sucks for our SA Blues fans, and we play Adelaide at the MCG so making this an away game would help free up an MCG game for Carlton.

3) I would rather face Hawthorn at the MCG than at Ethihad. I would have gone with changing out Geelong game from Ethihad to the MCG but this is a Geelong home game, not a Carlton home game.

What do you think ??? I don't think the changes are too unrealistic, but they would have made life that little bit easier for Carlton. And what changes would you implement for your side ???
2010 is the last time we played you in Melbourne.

1. Play Freo in Melbourne and Port in Adelaide
2. Play Melbourne at Docklands and Geelong at the MCG

I don't think we've had a home game against your mob in close to eight years. Yet every single year we play you at the MCG.

I don't think we've had a home game against your mob in close to eight years. Yet every single year we play you at the MCG.
Yep, think that's right. I wouldn't care if it were your home game, but since it's ours it should be at Docklands.

I really get the hump with the way the AFL dole out the fixture every year, it is never ever fair or takes into account the relative strengths, weaknesses & ladder positions of all the teams.

Whilst there are 18 clubs in the competition, I'd rather they divide it up into three groups :

1. ladder positions 1-6
2. ladder positions 7-12
3. ladder positions 13-18

Each team plays all of the clubs once and then plays the other five teams within their 'group' a second time.
17 + 5 = 22

This would seem way fairer to all of the teams plus maintains the blockbuster clashes every year as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once every few years or so I'd like a Friday night game....... None in 3 years and counting....

I can't believe we got one this year and you guys didn't. We haven't had one since 2012 but still.

Great idea for a thread. In order of importance
1) Bye before our Richmond vs. Eagles match rather than after. This would avoid the current situation of playing Richmond off a bye after a 6 day break, and still give us a 7 day break before the long haul to Darwin
2) Avoid the double up against Melbourne in Darwin (long flight) and play Essendon in Melbourne instead (fairer opponent, more melbourne practice)
3) Our home night games at 6.40pm please (even 6.10pm would be an improvement)

Why ???

We played Freo in Melbourne last year. Ballantyne got an early free in front of goal & was booed all game. Tuohy kicked some long range goals, stutter stepped around Barlow for one of them

I really get the hump with the way the AFL dole out the fixture every year, it is never ever fair or takes into account the relative strengths, weaknesses & ladder positions of all the teams.

Whilst there are 18 clubs in the competition, I'd rather they divide it up into three groups :

1. ladder positions 1-6
2. ladder positions 7-12
3. ladder positions 13-18

Each team plays all of the clubs once and then plays the other five teams within their 'group' a second time.
17 + 5 = 22

This would seem way fairer to all of the teams plus maintains the blockbuster clashes every year as well.

They can't guarantee double ups for derby's (etc) that way though, so they compromise for that, and once they start compromising, what's another one here and there?

can't complian too much but we effectively play North away twice - once in Hobart and once at Etihad.

Yup.

Play our home game against North at the MCG, move one of our home games Vs a non-Vic club to Docklands to make up for it.

My only real complaint is getting effectively 2 away games against North (Blundstone and Etihad). Switch our home game to the MCG and I'm happy. I'm happy with our double up teams (Fremantle, North Melbourne, Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton). Not too easy, not too difficult.

1: Move Hawks v Port to the MCG (unless another sporting event is scheduled there)
2: Play North at home instead of GWS
3: Have a home game either the week before or after our bye, not looking forward to 27 days between home games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back