Hawrow-Bal
Forsyth
Nor-Quan
Natimuk
Friend?
Taylors Lake
Rupanyup
Pimpinio

Can anyone fill in some blanks for me... there is plenty there!!!!

Ok, lets get serious about 2015!

Coaches 2014 2015
Swifts Martin
Laharum Argall
Kalkee O’Brien S Schulz
Edenhope-Apsley Coxon Coxon
Harrow-Bal Forsyth
Nor-Quan Combe
Natimuk Friend Simon Brearley
Taylors Lake Roberts
Rupanyup Finnagin
Pimpinio Coutts Everett (new)

New Players
Swifts
Laharum
Kalkee
Ben Harrison Matt Magee
Edenhope-Apsley
Harrow-Bal

Nor-Quan
Natimuk Simon Brearley
Taylors Lake
Rupanyup
Pimpinio
Everett Dylan Baker Shannon Baker Cam Ellis

Departures
Swifts
Laharum
Parish?
Kalkee
Edenhope-Apsley
Hawrow-Bal
Forsyth
Nor-Quan
Natimuk
Friend?
Taylors Lake
Rupanyup
Pimpinio

Can anyone fill in some blanks for me... there is plenty there!!!!

Kalkee French back on the sunny coast.

No French is not really a big loss if you ask me , didn't really bring a hell of a lot to kalkee last year , also no Obrien in any coaching role at kalkee

Big rumours circling around sean " da cox " mantell returning back over to the warriors where he played all he's junior footy. only HDLF game I watched this year was this years GF and he played one of the best games ive seen. Is there anyone more more exciting to watch then him going around ?

IMO , up until this last season he hadn't really done a huge amount , but his second half of the year and finals series was outstanding , strength ,pace and also a good finisher very exciting to watch,only other guy I think that is as exciting or could be is Oliver young from kalkee , think he battled hamstring injuries all year but very similar to mantell , may be a touch quicker , just needs to get on the park

I agree with both posts above. Mantell is an absolute jet. I know he played an excellent Grand Final but I feel his Prelim was even better. Both excellent games and went a long way to his team winning on both occasions. He will be a big loss for Swifts if he moves to Warriors but I think they have enough pace and flair to contest in 2015. I'd imagine him leaving would free up a bit of spending money for the club to use on other as well. Oliver Young is an exciting prospect; super, super quick and really clean hands at that pace - it's rare to see him fumble the ball along in front of him before taking clean possession. He has plenty of up-side which will make it hard for Kalkee to keep him long-term. I'd say he would be getting plenty of offers from other clubs in the coming years.

Will be interesting to see if he locks himself in at ff with him gone ? They may need him up the field again , depending on there line up , Martin , Beddison (if not down back) ,prizbilla , will surely fight it out for the rest

Lads (or lasses) - I am looking for an experienced sales rep ideally with FMCG experience to be based in or around Horsham. If interested please drop me a PM. Excellent coin, car, perks....

Whats everyone's thought on Jeparit-Rainbow joining the league for 2015?

They were pretty woeful in the Mallee League this year, but may pick up a few Wimmera based ex Mallee locals for 2015?

Any word on whether Chris Meyer (ex Kaniva and Edenhope-Apsley) is staying as their coach for 2015?

Whats everyone's thought on Jeparit-Rainbow joining the league for 2015?

They were pretty woeful in the Mallee League this year, but may pick up a few Wimmera based ex Mallee locals for 2015?

Any word on whether Chris Meyer (ex Kaniva and Edenhope-Apsley) is staying as their coach for 2015?

They didn't have as bad a side as you would think this year, games don't come easy in the mallee comp with the heavy amounts of recruiting that happens now. They had half a dozen or so blokes travelling from all over (Melbourne, Ballarat, Queensland etc) who are fairly handy. If they can hold onto those and get some locals back playing such as Pete Weir and the Werner at Warrack, the two Clugston's - Ash and Simon at Dimboola and even the Cozens boys that are playing at Natimuk then I would have them as definite finalists in the district league. Would easily account for the Pimp's (although will be stronger next year), Natimuk, NQ, Taylor's and Rupanyup's.
Jeparit and Rainbow's populations are around 500 each and they pull from a pretty big area, as well having quite a few locals who move to Horsham including the ones mentioned above so I think this is a good move for the club long term! Especially as there is only one or two clubs left in the Mallee that actually want to be there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They didn't have as bad a side as you would think this year, games don't come easy in the mallee comp with the heavy amounts of recruiting that happens now. They had half a dozen or so blokes travelling from all over (Melbourne, Ballarat, Queensland etc) who are fairly handy. If they can hold onto those and get some locals back playing such as Pete Weir and the Werner at Warrack, the two Clugston's - Ash and Simon at Dimboola and even the Cozens boys that are playing at Natimuk then I would have them as definite finalists in the district league. Would easily account for the Pimp's (although will be stronger next year), Natimuk, NQ, Taylor's and Rupanyup's.
Jeparit and Rainbow's populations are around 500 each and they pull from a pretty big area, as well having quite a few locals who move to Horsham including the ones mentioned above so I think this is a good move for the club long term! Especially as there is only one or two clubs left in the Mallee that actually want to be there.[/QUOTE

I think jep rainbow would be fine in district l as they had a handy side in mallee but couldn't compete with the top sides in mallee but will recruit better from Horsham with the less travel and they would easily be able to win a lot of games in district could even play finals

Jeparit Rainbow were successfully voted into the HDFNL tonight. Will make it an 18 round competition with two byes for each club. Hopetoun-Beulah have also made an approach to join HDFNL for 2015 but I think they have left it too late. Plus the Regional Commission are not likely to approve the move.

Yeah bit rough on Hopetoun Beulah considering they pretty much instigated this latest batch of movements and clubs have always been told to be proactive......and you can't be much more proactive than two staunch rivals swallowing their pride, merging and seeking to join a more sustainable league.

Will be interesting to see recruits JR announce in coming weeks and will be a good comparison in leagues to see where JR finish next yr?

Jeparit Rainbow were successfully voted into the HDFNL tonight. Will make it an 18 round competition with two byes for each club. Hopetoun-Beulah have also made an approach to join HDFNL for 2015 but I think they have left it too late. Plus the Regional Commission are not likely to approve the move.
correct Jeparit Rainbow was the only club that the commission given special Permission any other club they would have knocked back

doubt players or supporters from Hopetoun would wanna travel 233 km to apsley i think they will go to North Central better direction towards Bendigo -Ballarat
and its always been an 18 round competition for quite some time

Last edited:
correct Jeparit Rainbow was the only club that the commission given special Permission any other club they would have knocked back

doubt players or supporters from Hopetoun would wanna travel 233 km to apsley i think they will go to North Central better direction towards Bendigo -Ballarat
Not sure that the nc clubs want buelah- hopetoun nor sea lake in their league.......why sea lake wouldn't head to swan hill or golden rivers is beyond me

Not sure that the nc clubs want buelah- hopetoun nor sea lake in their league.......why sea lake wouldn't head to swan hill or golden rivers is beyond me
it would get rid of the bye a thing clubs hate would stop nc from shrinking either that or they can go to a far better league rather then being too good for NC clubs and dominate lol

it would get rid of the bye a thing clubs hate would stop nc from shrinking either that or they can go to a far better league rather then being too good for NC clubs and dominate lol
If u reckon clubs hate the bye mate you need to get your hand off you dick and start thinking with your other head.....also, Culgoa, Berriwillock, sea lake, nandaly, boigbeat, swan hill United wouldn't blow wind up the arse of any nc club except perhaps Donald last year but who this year have got the cheque book out paying big money to Glen Wilkins ' cast offs. It took sea Lake United four bloody years to beat Woomelang and Buelah for Chrits sake!!

It has not 'always' been 18 rounds. My point was that now JR are in we will play 18 rounds with two byes per club (16 matches per club) not 20 rounds as we did when we last had 11 teams!

It has not 'always' been 18 rounds. My point was that now JR are in we will play 18 rounds with two byes per club (16 matches per club) not 20 rounds as we did when we last had 11 teams!
Take a look at the HDFL website showed every season back to 2009 when they had 11 clubs all having 18 Rounds lol 2009 was the last time they had 11 teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back