Collingwood Gamers!

Remove this Banner Ad

I just finished Watch Dogs. It is a really fun modern sandbox game, very similar to GTA but with some new gameplay mechanics that add a lot of fun to a tired formula. Anyone who likes GTA style games should give it a crack.

I just could not get into that game.... Not sure what it was.... Just lost interest.

Did you play the Last of Us? Everyone went mental about that game. I found it to be pretty, but very gameplay poor.

Kidding me..... Gameplay and story of that game was 10/10.
We must have VERY different tastes in games haha

Kidding me..... Gameplay and story of that game was 10/10.
We must have VERY different tastes in games haha
Haha must do. I just found LOU to be a bit similar all the way through. The story was awesome no doubt, graphic too. But the game play had a sameness to it. I do enjoy a good storyline though, just found the game to be a bit over-hyped.

I can see what you mean about Watchdogs, the storyline is just stupid. The game play mechanics were fun as hell though, blowing up street pipes while cars drove over them was a high point. It was no where near worth the hype that surrounded it however. I'd suggest playing it again with the mindset of just having some fun.

Haha must do. I just found LOU to be a bit similar all the way through. The story was awesome no doubt, graphic too. But the game play had a sameness to it. I do enjoy a good storyline though, just found the game to be a bit over-hyped.

I can see what you mean about Watchdogs, the storyline is just stupid. The game play mechanics were fun as hell though, blowing up street pipes while cars drove over them was a high point. It was no where near worth the hype that surrounded it however. I'd suggest playing it again with the mindset of just having some fun.

I might do that.... There's a lot of amazing games set to release soon though so it might be a "mid next year" play through.

Incoming transmission. . .

Greetings fellow commanders,

Well boys and girls the master game crafters have just about finished their work and that rising shadow you see in your rear scanner isn't a Cobra MkII but Elite Dangerous, due for release in December.

I've saved my galactic credits and cobbled together a rig strong enough to play this monster of a game and am patiently playing Skyrim to fill in the time until ED arrives.

Ooops!! There's a Fer De Lance targetting me from sunside high, time for an escape loop and a bit of beam laser fun!

Commander Jonbe OUT!

Transmission ends. . .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might trade in drive club and nba that I got with my ps4 bundle for COD. Haven't played a COD in a couple of years may give it a crack.
I would only do that if you're getting it just for the Campaign mode.

I love COD, I got a refund yesterday on my digital copy, first time ever...

I'll go with the positives first, the campaign is excellent I really enjoyed it. The multiplayer, I like the pick 13 system and being able to customize scorestreaks, I also like the supply drops which gift you guns, equipment etc every so often.

The negatives.

I played it for 6 days and while the matchmaking/lag is horrendous, and the spawns are terrible, that can be fixed with a patch. But the game itself is rubbish IMO, they have finally bridged the gap between skill and luck with this game. Kills are decided mostly by randomness.

Due to the exo boosting players just appear out of nowhere, choke points and strategy are completely gone out of the game. Someone lands in front of you and you get the kill, they land behind you they get the kill etc

Comparing it to the last COD I bought which was BO2 it's so far behind it's not funny, the guns are shite, seriously 95% of players are using one of two AR's, either the Bal or the AK. The attachments are lacking and are also relocked every time you prestige as opposed to relocking the guns but keeping your attachment progress.

The scorestreaks are customizable but there's like 8 in total, BO2 must have about 25.

There is less perks and for some reason Low Profile/Ghost is one of the first perks unlocked, and most players use it, you don't even need to move to stay off the radar. I got an Orbital Uav/Vsat which was like 1100 points and 1 enemy showed up...

Because of the verticality with the exo, we now have rooftop campers, players just sit up there all game and pick you off.

Grenades/Stuns are ineffective due to them now being delivered via a launcher rather than thrown, very hard to be accurate.

I find the game boring, the maps mostly all play the same, because of the verticality they are littered with building/objects to jump on and it feels extremely clustered.

The time to kill is extremely fast, most players only run with 1 scorestreak because it's so hard to get a chain of kills going.

The secondary mode Exo Survival is garbage, I mean it's just so boring.

Obviously some people will disagree with me, particularly COD fanboys or Youtube paid puppets, but I think it's awful, and a huge step backwards from what was already a step backwards with Ghosts.

Haha thanks for the review shizzle. A lot of of negatives is what I feared out of it. I mainly buy COD for multiplayer. Might wait and see what far cry 4 has to deliver.

I would only do that if you're getting it just for the Campaign mode.

I love COD, I got a refund yesterday on my digital copy, first time ever...

I'll go with the positives first, the campaign is excellent I really enjoyed it. The multiplayer, I like the pick 13 system and being able to customize scorestreaks, I also like the supply drops which gift you guns, equipment etc every so often.

The negatives.

I played it for 6 days and while the matchmaking/lag is horrendous, and the spawns are terrible, that can be fixed with a patch. But the game itself is rubbish IMO, they have finally bridged the gap between skill and luck with this game. Kills are decided mostly by randomness.

Due to the exo boosting players just appear out of nowhere, choke points and strategy are completely gone out of the game. Someone lands in front of you and you get the kill, they land behind you they get the kill etc

Comparing it to the last COD I bought which was BO2 it's so far behind it's not funny, the guns are shite, seriously 95% of players are using one of two AR's, either the Bal or the AK. The attachments are lacking and are also relocked every time you prestige as opposed to relocking the guns but keeping your attachment progress.

The scorestreaks are customizable but there's like 8 in total, BO2 must have about 25.

There is less perks and for some reason Low Profile/Ghost is one of the first perks unlocked, and most players use it, you don't even need to move to stay off the radar. I got an Orbital Uav/Vsat which was like 1100 points and 1 enemy showed up...

Because of the verticality with the exo, we now have rooftop campers, players just sit up there all game and pick you off.

Grenades/Stuns are ineffective due to them now being delivered via a launcher rather than thrown, very hard to be accurate.

I find the game boring, the maps mostly all play the same, because of the verticality they are littered with building/objects to jump on and it feels extremely clustered.

The time to kill is extremely fast, most players only run with 1 scorestreak because it's so hard to get a chain of kills going.

The secondary mode Exo Survival is garbage, I mean it's just so boring.

Obviously some people will disagree with me, particularly COD fanboys or Youtube paid puppets, but I think it's awful, and a huge step backwards from what was already a step backwards with Ghosts.

Apart from the last paragraph I agree. If you're not into the competitive gamemodes, shizzles' post is probably spot on.

Netcoding seems to be the worst it has been in a while, however, this is a new developer who has vowed to listen to the community a la Treyarch and will likely patch a lot of the issues with spawns and gun imbalance out. Hopefully bringing other guns into play.

Agree with the cluster feel to the map but there's still the traditional 3 lanes, long, medium and short range. You've just got to re-adjust how you look at it. Scorestreaks are complete garbage and you probably wont live long enough to get one anyway.

Hardpoint is back(Thank god) and so is capture the flag, along with a new gamemode, Uplink(lol). If you have friends who know what they're doing hardpoint can be the most fun you'll have in a COD game.

I enjoy spectating professional COD players more than actually playing the game though.

To me, Titanfall is a x10 better made game. Runs extremely well, is balanced, has solid mechanics and gameplay. If only they released it on both platforms and made Titan free maps, maybe it could have done what it was being labelled as, a 'COD killer'.

I don't get what you mean by this? The MP is where the competitive game modes are, and where all the faults are.

I mean competitive as in gamemodes used on the competitive circuit like Hardpoint, CTF and search and destroy. Not the, run around like an idiot team deathmatch or domination.

I mean competitive as in gamemodes used on the competitive circuit like Hardpoint, CTF and search and destroy. Not the, run around like an idiot team deathmatch or domination.

Those modes are no less immune to any of the problems though, they are all under the MP umbrella.

It's not like there is separate Spawns, Matchmaking, Weapons, Attachments, Perks, Scorestreaks, Maps for Hardpoint(which is my favourite game mode) or S&D/CTF.

How good is far cry 3! One of the best games I've played! Hopefully 4 is just as good :)
Yeah absolutely love it. Must have played through it 10 times (the only game that I have completed 100% off the top of my head)
Been hanging for FC4 for a while - watched through bits of AngryJoe's 'let's play' - looked alot like FC3 (which personally, pleases me alot).

Those modes are no less immune to any of the problems though, they are all under the MP umbrella.

It's not like there is separate Spawns, Matchmaking, Weapons, Attachments, Perks, Scorestreaks, Maps for Hardpoint(which is my favourite game mode) or S&D/CTF.

Yes, there's no separate spawns etc. but I'm saying I think it's less noticeable in those gametypes.

Spawns are being patched and I don't see much problem with the way they are anyway, weapons, also being patched.
I've not had any issues with matchmaking so I don't know what you're eluding to there and attachments I run pretty much the same in any gun I use in any COD anyway.
The 'choke points' don't really come into play even in hard point and people don't spawn your head when you have a decent team who understands and can hold spawns, effectively making the other team spawn out or giving them bad spawns.

I've not had any issues with matchmaking so I don't know what you're eluding to there

I got enormous lols out of most of your post but especially that part right there, are you serious man?
It's well documented on all consoles old gen and new and on pc how horrible the matchmaking is.

Have you not noticed the massive lag and the ping bars going from 1-4 up and down?
The fact is they are using "true skill" matchmaking which proved to be an epic fail in the 1st week of BO2, which was later changed, due to public uproar. The fact they have decided to go with this is beyond stupid.
So much for dedicated servers as promised.

Instead of matching you with players with the best connection, they are matching you with players of the same skill, this creates the massive lag problems.

This is the result, gunfights like this

At the end of the day I'm sure they can probably sort that out, but for me I find the game lacking in so many areas, they have taken most of the strategy and skill out and I find it boring.

Sledgehammer made such a song and dance about spending 3 years developing the game as opposed to the 1 year dev on recent titles, yet managed to not only deceive the customer but put up an unfinished product.

I'm sure plenty of people will like it, as you do or pro gamers/youtubers who make serious cash off using every cod title as a money maker and will never tell it like it is, but for me it's a bust.

Last edited:
I don't know why you seem to be taking it so personally, as if I was personally attacked you or something. All because I said a game is bad but not quiet as bad as you've said.

Not sure if never telling it like it is was directed solely at pros/youtubers or not but I took Ghosts back after two weeks because it was atrocious.
Also, I'm not sure what was so funny. Seemed like more of an inflammatory response more than anything......

Everything else in your post can be fixed quiet easily.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back