2015 Fixture

well they could sure but they are only certainties for 2 of their first 6

I ventured to their board ... 90% it's "oh we're going to smash it ... yada yada"

One voice in the wilderness "have you seen how s**t we've been for 5 years ... "

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
4 x 4:40 sunday twilight games in a row, 3 of them at adelaide oval (1 being the away showdown)

do we get compensation???? eddie...

I thought the rule was Victorian teams had to go to all of SA, WA and NSW at least once a year? How come Essendon and Carlton don't come to Adelaide at all this year?

I didn't think there was any rule ... dunno?

PAFC forever

All Australian
Feb 28, 2005
Ingle Farm, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PA Magpies, Sheffield Wednesday
I hate the way the current Victorian media treat us

What's the matter can't deal with the scrutiny? In SA you lot rarely have any negative press due to half the media in this town being Crows ambassadors. The Victorian media are in love Port Adelaide at the moment, if they are saying negative things about the Crows its probably more about you lot being about as inspiring as a Bill Shorten one liner than being South Australian. Can't stand this "kick a Vic" mentality, its just pathetic.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
geez we nearly had a friday twilight match. that would be a disaster with people still working late on friday afternoons.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
What's the matter can't deal with the scrutiny? In SA you lot rarely have any negative press due to half the media in this town being Crows ambassadors. The Victorian media are in love Port Adelaide at the moment, if they are saying negative things about the Crows its probably more about you lot being about as inspiring as a Bill Shorten one liner than being South Australian. Can't stand this "kick a Vic" mentality, its just pathetic.
half.. closer to two thirds, and those that dare question anything regarding the darling mob soon find their way out of a job, just like mcdermott.....replaced by an afc employee.

North and Essendon are must-beats. Only two clubs Ken is yet to get a win over as senior coach of the PAFC.
Hopefully Essendon have a team for us to beat.

PAFC forever

All Australian
Feb 28, 2005
Ingle Farm, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PA Magpies, Sheffield Wednesday
I think a one off Friday twilight would work. You'd be surprised how many people would knock off an hour or so early for the footy. Certainly be interesting to see if it gets implemented next year.

I can't see Friday twilight games working well. Its fine for people that work/live in the CBD or close the city. But if you work/live in the outer suburbs or in the country or have a family it would be a pain in the arse.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
just flicked through the draw..... strewth if you dont like watching carlton or richmond you wont like friday night footy. what a joke, two pathetic clubs that play crap footy yet they get 70% of the friday night games, farce.

I'm sorry but it's genuinely hard whatever way you look at it.

Our 5 double ups are the other 3 of the other top 4 sides in the league, then a crosstown rival that could go either way, then some respite with the Bulldogs.

I guess they see Adelaide as one of our "easy" double ups, which is fair, but Showdowns are always tough.

Freo, Sydney and Hawthorn for double ups is pretty frustrating really.

Having to ******* play Freo again in the last round is ridiculous. Hawthorn get the Lions and Carlton in rounds 22 and 23, Sydney get StKilda, GWS and the Gold Coast in the last 3 weeks. We play Freo in what will almost certainly be a huge game the week before finals while Hawthorn and Sydney are resting guys and tuning up.
Playing a tough game the week before finals could actually be a blessing in disguise, while our rivals having a softer draw may count against them. I'd prefer to be finals-hardened, heading into September, and with a draw like ours, we most certainly will be!!!!

Dalfino

#BringBackTheBars
May 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Really happy with the fixture. Multiple Friday nights for the first time in what seems like an eternity and even though I'm not a big fan of Thursday nights, it's another single-timeslot game so we will be the only team on air. Would have preferred 2 home Fridays and 1 away but with all the night games we are getting it seems to balance out quite nicely. Love the AFL for trying to push us down the ladder by giving us the hardest draw - just gives us more blockbusters aye!

With Gilligan in charge of the AFL why is anyone surprised that the Cows have an easy draw?
Yeah but just suppose for one moment they do make it: there is nothing McLaughlin can do to give the Fruit Tingles an easy draw in September. Same scenario as 2012 - their draw was softer than butter, but as soon as September arrived, it was a different story.

Back