2014/15 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Christ almighty.

mZQtB1q.gif

Let's see if there is a make up call to start the 2nd.

Alright, so I finally have some down time. Have now attended 3 games.

Ice Hockey is weird in Los Angeles. The actual games are focused on more of being a spectacle then actually focusing on the hockey itself. First game I went to was a little underwhelming. 4-1 against the Jets. 2nd game I enjoyed a lot better despite the quality of hockey from the Kings which was quite poor. St Louis almost had double the shots, but couldn't really capitalise. Ended up going into a S/O. Got given a replica Stanley Cup ring as well which was pretty neat. Atmosphere is quite subdued as soon as you walk into Staples.

Went to my first Blackhawks game last night. Much better atmosphere. Was a Fight For Cancer game, so a lot going on. Ended up purchasing 2 Mystery Pucks (Players sign them and then they get wrapped up, so you don't know who you'll get for $25. Ended up getting Kruger & Crawford which was cool. Ended up sitting one row behind the Sens bench, pretty decent view except you can't see one corner. Game itself was fairly scrappy, but glad we got the job done. Imagine forking out $225 only for your team to lose, heh. Will be a pretty memorable game though, Scott Darling made his debut and Kane get's his 500th career point.

k369hl.jpg

Good to see a Chicago victory.

Not to dejected about last nights result actually. Thought we played well. Sooner or later those shots will start finding the back of the net. Our defence has been really solid as well.

Seeing the Flyers v Panthers on Saturday. Should be interesting. Have a feeling it'd be a similar vibe to a Melbourne home game at Etihad.

In Florida I'm guessing? Haha. Yeah, you should have your pick of seats.

Yep. In Miami. I got tickets months ago. 2nd row from the glass for around $110. Cheapest tickets are $15 haha.

Yep. In Miami. I got tickets months ago. 2nd row from the glass for around $110. Cheapest tickets are $15 haha.

Wow! That is cheap. I got tickets through work a few weeks ago. They were 7 rows back and they were $283 each.

Here are some pics of the warm up. Was standing at the glass and Joensuu smacked a puck right at my face. Made me jump. Haha.

IMG_20141011_183847.jpg IMG_20141011_183104.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back