Remove this Banner Ad

Longwthebreeze

Senior List
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Longwthebreeze this is your baby, which game are you thinking now the fixture's out?
Im living in Asia now and unfortunately the missus has a friend that's getting married in Sydney mid April so that's a 2 week trip for that and visiting the outlaws. (Theres not even a quick trip avail to Melbs over this time. Spewin)
The Darwin game is actually a bit of a bonus coz its only a cuppla hours flight away. That and maybe a Perth trip later in the year to actually sit in my members seat is about all I`ll get...

If however I was in Perth, as someone mentioned- Round 8 v Saints at Etihad (I reckon Etihad is a lot better stadium for watching footy than the G if theres only 20-30K people.) Its only the Saints but its the getting on the sauce in a different city which is the fun part!!
That or a weekend on the Goldy round 18 would be fun. No-one should discount Darwin- cruisy, fun town, full of smiling euro backpacker barmaids and as its the Dry season you`d have perfect weather holiday in the middle of the southern winter.
Let the good times roll!!

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Im living in Asia now and unfortunately the missus has a friend that's getting married in Sydney mid April so that's a 2 week trip for that and visiting the outlaws. (Theres not even a quick trip avail to Melbs over this time. Spewin)
The Darwin game is actually a bit of a bonus coz its only a cuppla hours flight away. That and maybe a Perth trip later in the year to actually sit in my members seat is about all I`ll get...

If however I was in Perth, as someone mentioned- Round 8 v Saints at Etihad (I reckon Etihad is a lot better stadium for watching footy than the G if theres only 20-30K people.) Its only the Saints but its the getting on the sauce in a different city which is the fun part!!
That or a weekend on the Goldy round 18 would be fun. No-one should discount Darwin- cruisy, fun town, full of smiling euro backpacker barmaids and as its the Dry season you`d have perfect weather holiday in the middle of the southern winter.
Let the good times roll!!
When I finally do get a full time job after graduating, it is going to be dangerous to have the money to follow my team around the country.....

When I finally do get a full time job after graduating, it is going to be dangerous to have the money to follow my team around the country.....

This can be you

You-think-you-know-all-about-McDonalds.-12-Things-You-Didnt-Know-About-It-4.jpg

She said she'd follow the eagles as well ;)

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Good idea. Should be the Collingwood game over there every year. Might help the boys to get a win over there against them.

Was about to say the same thing.

Went down this year to watch us at the MCG and it was a ripper of a day and game. Had a ball and lost my voice. Totally sucked dry of energy after we lost.:cry:

I was amazed just how many Eagles supporters there were there, we stayed in the hotel district and there were Eagles colours everywhere. At the game the Eagles cheers were much louder than I expected at an away venue, Pies supporters were quiet though. :D If we could get an additional 5,000 supporters over there on a theme weekend it would be an incredible spectacle:)

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
I think this is a great idea!

I'm already planning to get to 3 interstate games next year probably one of the Adelaide games to check out AO, Metricon (never been to the GC) and of course a Melb game... was thinking against the Tigers at the G but the Saints could be good.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
I think this is a great idea!

I'm already planning to get to 3 interstate games next year probably one of the Adelaide games to check out AO, Metricon (never been to the GC) and of course a Melb game... was thinking against the Tigers at the G but the Saints could be good.

The Tigers at the MCG for sure would be a big game and crowd. I'd rate this a 50 / 50 game for us, they have beat us at home two years straight so I hope our boys aren't happy about that.

Aug 16, 2006
Queensland
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Jack Darling
Would anyone be willing to get dressed up in an eagles version of these? Were a huge hit at the game posing for photos and even getting our picture taken for an article

Imagine if we could get 100+ of us in them. The cost is about $40 each. Could even get one of the design gurus on the board to come up with a design

I got these Richmond ones made in a mates factory in china for a mate of mine who flew over for the dreamtime game and is a huge Richmond supporter

View attachment 89687 View attachment 89686

#nohomo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast 06

Premium Platinum
Jun 5, 2006
Home
AFL Club
West Coast
I am already booked for the Darwin game. Darwin in July sounds great to me!

Certainly more appealing than Tassie in July.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
I am already booked for the Darwin game. Darwin in July sounds great to me!

Certainly more appealing than Tassie in July.

That's great, but I live in Darwin so I'd prefer an alternative away fixture.:)

July in Darwin is pretty nice, lots of tourists, the Darwin Water Front sun bathing spectacle is none too shabby sitting at the Irish Pub opposite.:D

Nice weather too but unfortunately the evenings can get sticky and most AFL games both teams have struggled controlling the ball. Leads to a somewhat poor game as a spectacle but hey I've never seen my team play for points in Darwin so can't wait.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back