List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Trade FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting between us the dogs and the dees, theirs no standout promising key defender on any team ;)

Probably the reason why they are languishing down the wrong end of the table.

But if any of them had that AA KPD who was picked in the first round in Daniel Talia as their FB....

Finally ANB getting some love in here! He's not a huge kick but he rarely wastes one. A little bit of Lenny and Cotchin about him. A genuine footballer who I think will be strongly considered at 21.
Connor Blakely is being mentioned too but I hope we pass, he is a poor mans Blake Acres.

I hope we take N Bullen with our 2nd pick. Watching his video, he just looks like such an extractor. With Armo Racca Dunstan Bullen who will beat us in the contest in a couple years. Acres Steven Billings on the outside Templeton up forward. Were gona need key defenders in the next couple years.
I would look at Aiden Corr, Tom Curran, Delaney's brother, Tom Clurey etc.That's how Sydney got Richards and Hawks got Gibson.

Probably the reason why they are languishing down the wrong end of the table.

But if any of them had that AA KPD who was picked in the first round in Daniel Talia as their FB....
Forevery daniel talia at 13-14ish whatever he was theirs 5 players who you wouldn't even be playing senior footy (and I continually point out, I would take lever/durdin at 21/22 or hammelem at 78 if we use it) You can see the process the dees, saints and dogs are taking the approach to build up the most important positions mids and fowards before I imagine picking up recyclable homsch type of players

Forevery daniel talia at 13-14ish whatever he was theirs 5 players who you wouldn't even be playing senior footy (and I continually point out, I would take lever/durdin at 21/22 or hammelem at 78 if we use it) You can see the process the dees, saints and dogs are taking the approach to build up the most important positions mids and fowards before I imagine picking up recyclable homsch type of players

dewah did a key defender steal your girlfriend or something? You seem to have a strong dislike of them

Interesting point to note, we are the only club left to not bring in a new player yet. Membrey being a technicality but every other club traded in a player or signed a rookie. So far we've only bought in pick 21.

You realise the stat you made up about '5 players who wouldn't be playing senior footy' is pretty much applicable to any position regardless of where they were drafted.

dewah did a key defender steal your girlfriend or something? You seem to have a strong dislike of them
shapeimage_2.png

That's Dewah on the left. Daniel Talia's on the right...

;)

im just playing follow the leader on the successful clubs. :)

also i love the mids that i think could slide to us and would hate us to think someone like oscar mcdonald is the answer

You realise the stat you made up about '5 players who wouldn't be playing senior footy' is pretty much applicable to any position regardless of where they were drafted.
i dont think so, like rucks backman seem to have a lower hitrate when taken high compared to mids, but ill do the research so we can settle this, before i start whats everyones thoughts on a applicable time period, 10 years?

Key forward
2 mids
Key Back with 41??
Wouldn't wana burn 21 or 22 on a key back thou Fish an Dempster an Gilbert our closer to the end an Bruce well the jury is out on where he's best footy is so maybe we invest to help Delany out?

So we seem to be coming to a universal agreement on something like -

Petracca
ANB
McDonald
Lonie/Grace
Shenton
Minchington
Templeton
Weller

Best Available/Slider/Insert 'my boy*' here
Le Grice
McKernan
Schneider

* Josh Deluca-Cardillo or Ahmed Saad please.

Does anyone actually rate Saad??
He struggled to get more than 7 or 8 possessions a game and impact on the scoreboard...
Hopefully the club doesn't waste a pick on him not much upside in him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christian Petracca
Slider or Garlett
Alex Neal-Bullen
Touk Miller

ND slider if any/Grace
Shaun McKernan
Jared Petrenko/KPD
Adam Schneider

im just playing follow the leader on the successful clubs. :)

also i love the mids that i think could slide to us and would hate us to think someone like oscar mcdonald is the answer

i dont think so, like rucks backman seem to have a lower hitrate when taken high compared to mids, but ill do the research so we can settle this, before i start whats everyones thoughts on a applicable time period, 10 years?

10 years is good. Interested to see your findings :thumbsu:

So we seem to be coming to a universal agreement on something like -

Petracca
ANB
McDonald
Lonie/Grace
Shenton
Minchington
Templeton
Weller

Best Available/Slider/Insert 'my boy*' here
Le Grice
McKernan
Schneider

* Josh Deluca-Cardillo or Ahmed Saad please.
No, no we don't...

Got to remember that our season finished earlier so we're heading back to training earlier than other clubs. Gives these guys more opportunity to prove themselves and I think they all share the same manager so it's easier for him to organise having them all train at a Melbourne club.

McKernan - I wouldn't mind giving him a spot on the rookie list, fills the void Rhys left.
Hunt - Will probably get an opportunity at another club on a senior list.
Petrenko - No thanks.

Just a few other thoughts:

• Petracca will be number 1 pick. Don't really see it as being a race between McCartin/Petracca. Think this became pretty clear after we decided to keep pick 1.
  • Don't think we'll end up with Saady, now that we've decided to keep Schneider on the list. I really do hope that he is back at the Saints next year but I can see another club picking him up in the national draft.
  • Any midfield slider and Oscar McDonald at pick 21/22 please.

10 years is good. Interested to see your findings :thumbsu:
so far through 2 years, 2004 and 2005 these are the KPD's, im only looking at players drafted 22 and under

Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 9.43.33 PM.png

ill make it look nicer when im done

edit birch is not caleb daniels height

Birchall 103cm i guess Daniel at the ruck size 167cm isn't so bad after all.
haha beat me to it i just realised when i went back to excel, you even sole my joke ;(

Not just this; so many people feel the need to pigeonhole these kids as 'inside' or 'outside', when the truth is so often somewhere in between. It's just so they can get a handle on them IMO.

Neal-Bullen isn't particularly quick, granted, but he came 3rd overall in the 3km time trial (9.54) - only just beaten by a freak athlete in Lamb and by a national junior athletics champion - and equal 6th in the beep test with a 15.2; that's elite btw.

He's also played senior SANFL footy, and played half forward, half back and in the middle, and done very well.

He's a ball-winner, sure, and his footskills aren't elite, but he's tough, versatile, a gut-runner and exceptional by hand. He's been compared to the Rt. Hon. Sir Leonard Hayes AO for Gods sake!

I'd be obscenely happy with him.

How did he test for speed? Someone raised the likeness to Swan when he arches his back and darts off. In his clips, he appears to have a bit of zip off the mark. Certainly not just a plodder insider. But that's no expert opinion - interested in views.
Would be quite happy with at 21-22.

Hey guys, just a quick question, and apologies if this has already been discussed lately (I'm a bit behind after all the excitement of trade week died down).

What do we think of possibly taking Tom Lamb at 21 or 22? I know he tested well at the Combine but a lot of 'experts' still have him falling as far as the mid twenties, with many having us taking him with one of those 2 picks in their phantom drafts. I think if he were available it would be a real dilemma for the club: someone who has a romantic connection to the club (not that that necessarily counts for anything) through his grandad, trained at the club in the last year and clearly has as much talent as many top 10 draftees-to-be, but who also has attitude questions and has been very inconsistent.

I keep thinking of the excitement that he could generate if he ends up turning into a 192cm midfielder, versus the old "Saints stuffed it again" calls that will inevitably come if he flops/stuffs up off-field.

What are our thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back