HDFL PreSeason 2014

nesko_25

Club Legend
Feb 5, 2006
In a cave
AFL Club
Essendon
My playing days .... never really had any. Coaching wise 2015 will be the most I've ever received, and it's under half the figure we've quoted above. Coached a senior flag at $80 per week a decade ago and the photo's, medals, memories were worth every cent of it :D

Don't get me wrong I blame the clubs for whats happened, of course a footballer will gravitate to the best deal its human nature and good on them for getting it but poor form on some clubs who don't do their homework and pay big "overs" sight unseen.

You'll be getting good coin next year as a playing coach Doon! Looks like you snagged a few this year and could coach out of the forward pocket!

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder
You'll be getting good coin next year as a playing coach Doon! Looks like you snagged a few this year and could coach out of the forward pocket!
Normie Nesko you beauty!!!

Might fill in once or twice at Yea when the 2s are short. Also any lads Eastern suburbs based sick of the km's back up that way Yea FNC are in need of a couple ;)

nesko_25

Club Legend
Feb 5, 2006
In a cave
AFL Club
Essendon
Normie Nesko you beauty!!!

Might fill in once or twice at Yea when the 2s are short. Also any lads Eastern suburbs based sick of the km's back up that way Yea FNC are in need of a couple ;)

If I wasn't sitting at $1.20 and could run more than 100m I would come and pull the boots on Doon!

Just on recruiting, is the Bendigo talent spread too thin? You would have BFL, HDFL, LVFL, MCDFL and a few others trying to draw players from the Bendigo region. I guess Elmore has tried to pull more from the Echuca area but are clubs going to find it increaseingly difficult to field decent sides without recruiting from Melbourne until the VCFL looks into the league structures.

jayco13

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2011
Rushworth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Rushworth, NY Jets,
If I wasn't sitting at $1.20 and could run more than 100m I would come and pull the boots on Doon!

Just on recruiting, is the Bendigo talent spread too thin? You would have BFL, HDFL, LVFL, MCDFL and a few others trying to draw players from the Bendigo region. I guess Elmore has tried to pull more from the Echuca area but are clubs going to find it increaseingly difficult to field decent sides without recruiting from Melbourne until the VCFL looks into the league structures.

Reckon your right nesko. Being associated with a kdfl club, we found it difficult to recruit blokes out of the shepparton area, so switch our focus over to bendigo. As you stated, with all the leagues already pulling blokes out of there we found it hard to entice players due to all the clubs they had to pass to get to us.. plus playing every second week the other side of us. Once you recruit out of Melbourne, training numbers drop and therefore some loss of enthusiasm to go to Tuesday night trainings (and Thursdays for that matter) deteriorates. Something needs to be done because if this continues I think a lot of clubs will start falling by the wayside... which isn't good for anyone

Last edited:

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder
Spot on Nesko and Jayco, we've all heard of new zones/leagues/re-jigs whatever you want to call them for a while now. In my opinion it has to become the paramount focus of AFL Vic before things get out of control ..... that's if they haven't already :(

Hit the post

Senior List
Dec 1, 2009
Home
AFL Club
Collingwood
Spot on Nesko and Jayco, we've all heard of new zones/leagues/re-jigs whatever you want to call them for a while now. In my opinion it has to become the paramount focus of AFL Vic before things get out of control ..... that's if they haven't already :(
Any news on coaches for lg or Locky

The Big Arab

Senior List
Feb 15, 2008
close
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
National Coits Team
Harry O'Meara to Mounts is the word

IF Harry does do that I see it as a big step backwards for a young footballer. No offence to mounts but he tested for AFL teams last year and not sure this is the way to go. As stated if he is chasing cash probably right move as the club cant be questioned and looks like being really competitive this year just dont like blokes this age doing this.
Dig in or challenge yourself to go to a higher level. Plenty of time to chase $$$ once everyone knows your a superstar in a couple of years.

Hit the post

Senior List
Dec 1, 2009
Home
AFL Club
Collingwood
Gretgrix and robins gone from mounts!!! Will the cheque book come out for new recruits?
A couple melbourne boys Matt Perri and dan Moroli from mitiamo to leitchy/gunbower. Very handy recruits. Any news out of north bendigo??
What club robins and gretgrix gone to, eaglehawk?

black caviar 66

Debutant
Oct 12, 2011
kerang
AFL Club
Carlton
Alex Gleeson from West Preston , Travis Mills and Luke Ryan from Romsey, Danny Brewster from Warragul Spike Ingley from Mitiamo and Jesse Smith from Boort to Elmore

champslikeus

Debutant
Oct 16, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Hill, Gretgrix and Findlay to Eaglehawk, Robbins heading home for first year of merge. Young to GS, couple of handy players leaving the Blues. Hope mounts aren't going to throw the CHQ book at anyone now and ruin it for everyone else. They'll have a bit of cash freed up.

Back