Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

According to the AFL Record Season Guide, Milne was recruited from Noble Park, Dandenong Under 18s and Essendon Reserves prior to playing for St. Kilda.
Milne spend portion of childhood in Bendigo as well.

Last edited:

Stroobants from Gold to Rochy next year wih (allegedly) more to come. Being an ex-Rochy bloke i am interested in thoughts from Bendigo folk. The rumour from Ringo1 is Schmidt to coach Rochy ...?

Stroobants from Gold to Rochy next year wih (allegedly) more to come. Being an ex-Rochy bloke i am interested in thoughts from Bendigo folk. The rumour from Ringo1 is Schmidt to coach Rochy ...?
That was the whisper a few weeks back mate but I'm not so sure now! I know Justin Sherman expressed interest in the role but that wont be happening

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a great result in Tigga Downie getting a gig at Richmond...The guys deserves everything he gets
Top Bloke !!

What's the go with the punch on at the South Bendigo vote count on Friday night at All seasons. 6 Cops, people arrested and the show almost got completely shut down. Feel for Ollie after his comments in the paper about a good culture at the club, if this is how they behave at a club function.

Was interesting when I looked at the Premiership listing, that every club in the league has won a flag in the past 20 years, really shows even with Golden Square winning 5 in a row it is a really even comp. Also only 2 teams have not been to the big dance since 2000. For the record....

Strathfieldsaye, 2014, 0 Years. Last GF 2014.
Golden Square, 2013, 1 Year. Last GF 2013.
Eaglehawk, 2008, 6 Years. Last GF 2011.
Gisborne, 2006, 8 Years. Last GF2012.
Sandhurst, 2004, 10 Years. Last GF 2014.
Castlemaine, 2000, 14 Years.Last GF 2000.
Maryborough, 1999, 15 Years. Last GF 1999.
Kyneton, 1997, 17 Years. Last GF 1997.
Kangaroo Flat, 1996, 18 Years. Last GF 2000.
South Bendigo, 1994, 20 Years. Last GF 2010.

Parry and East to Storm is the word coming out of Bridgewater. Good get by the Storm. Clearly not sitting on their hands to go back to back.

Was interesting when I looked at the Premiership listing, that every club in the league has won a flag in the past 20 years, really shows even with Golden Square winning 5 in a row it is a really even comp. Also only 2 teams have not been to the big dance since 2000. For the record....

Strathfieldsaye, 2014, 0 Years. Last GF 2014.
Golden Square, 2013, 1 Year. Last GF 2013.
Eaglehawk, 2008, 6 Years. Last GF 2011.
Gisborne, 2006, 8 Years. Last GF2012.
Sandhurst, 2004, 10 Years. Last GF 2014.
Castlemaine, 2000, 14 Years.Last GF 2000.
Maryborough, 1999, 15 Years. Last GF 1999.
Kyneton, 1997, 17 Years. Last GF 1997.
Kangaroo Flat, 1996, 18 Years. Last GF 2000.
South Bendigo, 1994, 20 Years. Last GF 2010.

You raise an interesting point, however since th early 2000's castlemaine, kyneton and maryborough have hardly played finals, and it is unlikely to change due to demographic changes to all 3 towns.

Good get by strath if true, would have thought they would be the calibre of players south should be chasing

here's something out of left field
Bit of a rumour talk is on between league and Wedderburn about joining the BFNL
dunno how Gizzy, Kyneton and the Maine would feel about the travel but it would b 1 day a season for each of them

dunno how Gizzy, Kyneton and the Maine would feel about the travel but it would b 1 day a season for each of them
2015 will see the VCFL release a report about country footy and it will have recommendations about the restructure of leagues going forward. Having been part of a league restructure before, if you don't want to go the VCFL will make it happen anyway. Travel will become more of an obstacle for clubs, but clubs won't be able to survive in their current state and current leagues. Things have to change, what those changes will be won't all be popular but more than likely necessary. A huge amount of evidence is being gathered so the VCFL have a defence when clubs start crying about the changes. Interesting times.

Doubt this would happen, 3 towns with 10 times the population cant compete successfully in the BFL ,so I doubt Wedderburn with a population of 700 would have even been bought up at any BFL discussions. The Redbacks may have won 4 NCFL flags but wouldn't be competitive at their strongest in the BFL. Have battled for years to put 2 sides on the park due to lack of local numbers and lack of juniors coming through.Wont happen.

Doubt this would happen, 3 towns with 10 times the population cant compete successfully in the BFL ,so I doubt Wedderburn with a population of 700 would have even been bought up at any BFL discussions. The Redbacks may have won 4 NCFL flags but wouldn't be competitive at their strongest in the BFL. Have battled for years to put 2 sides on the park due to lack of local numbers and lack of juniors coming through.Wont happen.
Spot on Morgdogga not a chance in hell to be consistently competative in BFL!!

Back