Which guernsey should we wear in 2015?

• Heritage

Votes: 123 76.9%
  • Modern

Votes: 37 23.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

A Collingwood supporter at that T!

Masochist? He loves remembering all the pain the heritage inflicted on them!

Heritage all the way.

As it's 2014 and I have a 2014 membership, shouldn't I be allowed to vote? We do the xmas thing as well...:(

Like the blues logo write up in this article by Ash Browne: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-19/after-the-siren-lions-bite-back

"Will the real Carlton insignia please step forward?
I love the exercise on the Carlton website to choose which monogram Carlton will wear on its jumper going forward. Well done to the Blues for giving their supporters the opportunity to determine an important aspect to their football club for the future.

The choice is the "bold white monogram on a mass of dark navy" (as described on the special website created for the exercise) which was used between 1927 and 1997, and the more intertwined version that debuted in 1998 when the club entered into an arrangement with Nike, and which more or less still exists today.

If you go to the website, Troy Menzel is modelling the newer monogram and Marc Murphy the older.

Not that I'm a particular fan of the old, dark navy Blues, but surely the 1927-1997 logo is the direction the Blues need to head down.

This was how the Blues looked when they were at their most fearsome and arrogant best. It was the jumper worn by John Nicholls and Alex Jesaulenko at their rampaging best. Ted Hopkins slew Collingwood in the 1970 Grand Final in that jumper; so too did Wayne Harmes nine years later.

The newer logo might appear sleeker and more modern, but the problem for the Blues is that they've largely been no good during that time. The best of Carlton came in that older, bolder jumper and the time has come for that football club, in this particular instance, to roll back the years."​

So it turns out that 2014 members will be able to vote and they're just struggling with technical difficulties
I spoke to the membership department today. You have to be a 2015 member to vote. I pay by monthly direct debit which will commence on November 15th, you have until November 21st to vote. They told me today that i could pay a month in advance now so i can vote straight away, i said i would wait.

I spoke to the membership department today. You have to be a 2015 member to vote. I pay by monthly direct debit which will commence on November 15th, you have until November 21st to vote. They told me today that i could pay a month in advance now so i can vote straight away, i said i would wait.
Seems weird, I got an email from the club saying 2014 members will be eligible to vote

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just signed up as a CFC member for the first time - pretty pumped about the future and wanted to put my money where my mouth was, despite being in QLD. In this regard, I voted modern but can see the justification for bringing the old one back and reckon it'll easily win the vote. Looks like I'll need to get another guernsey (cue the mrs grabbing the wallet).

Just signed up as a CFC member for the first time - pretty pumped about the future and wanted to put my money where my mouth was, despite being in QLD. In this regard, I voted modern but can see the justification for bringing the old one back and reckon it'll easily win the vote. Looks like I'll need to get another guernsey (cue the mrs grabbing the wallet).

Well done Matty411 :thumbsu:

The background of the main Carlton website is now Smurph and Daisy sporting the heritage monograms. We still have the modern version on the site banner section.

This s**t is getting confusing now.

Just bring back the 'heritage' monogram... the club has already made it's mind up but it wants to make it appear that the fans have spoken.

And as a PS: I got a call from the membership dept today while I was up in Perth. They wanted to know whether I wanted to get a cap or a scarf in my membership pack... I'm getting the cap. I also asked them what options there were for players on my membership card and it seems that EVERYONE is going to get the traditional laurel wreath with our traditional 'Mens Sana In Corpore Sano' under it.

It looks like the club is definitely rolling back the years.

And as a PS: I got a call from the membership dept today while I was up in Perth. They wanted to know whether I wanted to get a cap or a scarf in my membership pack... I'm getting the cap. I also asked them what options there were for players on my membership card and it seems that EVERYONE is going to get the traditional laurel wreath with our traditional 'Mens Sana In Corpore Sano' under it.

It looks like the club is definitely rolling back the years.
Yeah I asked about that too - was a bit disappointed I couldn't get my mate Gibbsy on the card, but feel good in the direction the club is going regarding strengthening the club culture from the fans up.

SV27LyG.jpg

If people were wondering what the clash jumper would look like...

Judderson

Back