Andy Maher - Sorry but I don't get it

Remove this Banner Ad

Ugh, FM breakfast radio is agonizing, especially all the fake laughing, which makes me wanna punch the radio. I assume it's targeted at teenagers; I vaguely remember liking some of it when I was young.

I sometimes flick over to Triple M in the mornings, but I can only take about 20 seconds of that chick doing the fake laughing. Is it on tape? Ha.

I think it's aimed at vacuous morons (i.e. people that use Twitter and say 'selfie' ad nauseam) and fat soccer moms who watch Channel 10

I can't listen to Maher and Gaze in the mornings. If it's not Maher trying to fake-call out anything that Gaze says, it's Gaze generally behaving like a 12-year-old.

Sen have to do something with morning program ,

Andy maher was awe struck working with timmy and was scared to offend during the peptides saga , so he just became a Watson barracker !!

But he is even worse with gaze

desperately needs a big name football person to start the day

agree with everything bar that. need a professional host and if he is a former player then fine. but getting an ex footy player for the sake of it is wrong.

AAAGH! Maher is back on telly!! He was just on the new Ch 1 show talking about betting odds.

It's one thing for him to be on radio, but he ain't got a head for TV :D

Am I the one who thinks its fitting that his segments is sponsored by Ladbrokes, reminds me of when he says You's blokes.

Anyway he gets on cocky talking to Mel M. Credit to her for remaining professional and not showing the disgust she must undoubtedly feel inside when she has to look at him.

You have to hand it to him. For a talentless individual he's managed to get himself some well paid gigs.

Maybe that says more about audience tastes though.:eek:

Not really yet to hear of a single person that likes him.

The best u get with him his is that he is tolerable.
As for how he gets his jobs id say it has a lot to do with his sycophantic nature.

agree with everything bar that. need a professional host and if he is a former player then fine. but getting an ex footy player for the sake of it is wrong.

It's bad enough these stations take on former AFL players during the footy season, but when there's no footy, listening to these people fumbling their way through other topics is just cringe worthy. Warren Tredrea is the perfect case in point here in Adelaide. Sounds dopey enough when talking football, but is a vacuum if he's got no footy to discuss.

I realize most of these footballers are dopey and unqualified, but must they end up in jobs with microphones under their noses? I'd rather listen to two drunks in the pub having a conversation than half the people in the media.

Have pretty well switched off Andy and Gazey awhile back-just can't be bothered with their lack of informative discussion combined with a lack of appeal. Watson was more informative, and more appealing. Downhill since he departed. Sometimes I tune in after 7.30 when Wallace or someone with a clue comes on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have pretty well switched off Andy and Gazey awhile back-just can't be bothered with their lack of informative discussion combined with a lack of appeal. Watson was more informative, and more appealing. Downhill since he departed. Sometimes I tune in after 7.30 when Wallace or someone with a clue comes on.

I was never sold on Watson, a great bloke most likely, but on radio he spent most of the time attempting stupid puns and schoolyard one liners....was too timid to truly speak his mind....even during the Essendon saga he played an awkardly straight bat.

But yes it has avalanched since he departed which speaks volumes.

They need to slot Dr Turf in there asap.

I was never sold on Watson, a great bloke most likely, but on radio he spent most of the time attempting stupid puns and schoolyard one liners....was too timid to truly speak his mind....even during the Essendon saga he played an awkardly straight bat.

But yes it has avalanched since he departed which speaks volumes.

They need to slot Dr Turf in there asap.
Yep actually that is about right for me too re Watson. Turfy would be great.

I'm trying to remember if he worked with KB on Sport 927.

KB and Dr Turf had the best ever sports Brekky show on RSN. The synergy between the two is fantastic.

Can't listen to SEN anymore while this flog tries hard.Funny he didn't while timmy was within earshot.If he has anything to do with Big Bash this year I'll fair dinkum incinerate myself.

I really don't understand how he has so many jobs that is he completely unsuited for.

Glad I don't wake up early enough to listen to him embarrass himself every morning, can't believe the guy is 50odd.

this is pretty much me.

I just cant fathom how people full time on the radio can be so unprepared? They seemingly do zero research bar flick through the hsun it seems. Gaze doesnt even seem up to speed with basketball/nba. Just mind-numbingly painful and you have to stop listening.

Also with soundcloud, much easier just to listen to the things you want later on anyway.

Can't listen to SEN anymore while this flog tries hard.Funny he didn't while timmy was within earshot.If he has anything to do with Big Bash this year I'll fair dinkum incinerate myself.

Come on Shags.. fair go! Gee whiz.. I'm just loving the way I have been going lately and not sure if I have mentioned this but ummm.. Mitch Robinson. I think he is a genuine reeeeal A grade footballer.

Thanks for joining though milpod and there he goes.. he is one of the beauties and we love having him on here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back