news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/10/...e-alvarez-two-other-fights-added-to-ufc-fight

Yep, pretty crazy.

Not sure how he'll do it. But I guess if James Tehuna can go from being a massive LHW to a MW, then Hall can somehow get to WW. Interesting to see how Kiwi Dylan Andrews will go at WW and Whittaker up at MW.

I always thought Tehuna was a decent to big 205er too until I rewatched his fight with Glover (that guy is massive!).

Dylan I'm pretty sure fought a lot at 170 prior to getting to the UFC, so it's a good move for him I guess. Whitaker I'm less sure on, he didn't look to be a big welterweight and he's going against Hester who looks like a big middleweight. I'll be very interested to see how big (or small) he looks in comparison.

Oct 7, 2003
Lubyanka Square
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Red Devil Sport Club
I'm not going to lie, I'm disappointed you are taking this more seriously than I am. I was hoping you'd work Harold Howard in there. ;)
Isn't Harold fighting in the prison leagues?
Match with Joe Son maybe:p

Seriously though Silva v Shogun would be interesting

If Gastelum can make 170 so can Hall

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Isn't Harold fighting in the prison leagues?
Match with Joe Son maybe:p

Seriously though Silva v Shogun would be interesting

If Gastelum can make 170 so can Hall

Joe Son vs Harold Howard... now you're talking!

Went and re-read the article I saw the Philippou vs Hall fight and it didn't mention the fight being at 170.

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Anyone watching Saint Prieux vs Shogun? WTF.:eek:

I have come to the conclusion that Brazil events are usually boring, minus the main event and co main. It seems I wasn't wrong on this one. Just seen the shogun fight, Its sad but his time is well and truly done.

May 18, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
That sucked to watch. I don't know if Shogun needs to retire yet but he's not going to be in title contention again. There's not much in the way of interesting fights I'd like to see him in though, maybe a rematch with Little Nog?

That crazy war with Hendo was the beginning of the end for both of them, they've gone a combined 3-8 since that fight and Hendo's only win was in the rematch.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
The Brazil card can be wrapped up in one 34 second gif. Other than that I'm not even interested in downloading it.

Check out the prelims for the Almeida vs Gorman fight at least. Almeida's striking is sublime and with a bit more seasoning he could be a future champ.

Check out the prelims for the Almeida vs Gorman fight at least. Almeida's striking is sublime and with a bit more seasoning he could be a future champ.
The only deficiency I saw was lack of head movement. Looked good otherwise.

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Mar 12, 2008
Rehab
AFL Club
Essendon
Back