Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2014 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Langford is every chance to go to Coll at 5.
If not someone in 7 - 12 region will take him.

Langford is every chance to go to Coll at 5.
If not someone in 7 - 12 region will take him.
Really? has he risen up the rankings that far? I would have thought there would have been better players to pick from at pick 5. Langford has a lot of potential but I think there is players with more potential at that pick.

Really? has he risen up the rankings that far? I would have thought there would have been better players to pick from at pick 5. Langford has a lot of potential but I think there is players with more potential at that pick.

By the time the draft hits, he will be spoken the same way Bontempelli was last year.
If there was a 'bolter' of this years draft, he is it.

I just can't see that in him. He just seems like someone that will struggle to find a position as he is a tweener.

You have to consider some key points with Langford.
- December birth. Not far off being a 2015 draftee.
- he juggled a heavy commitment at Ivanhoe Grammar in 2014.
- when he returned, he progressively got better.

He doesn't have anywhere near the contested game of Bontempelli.

That is true but he is a far superior forward/mid than Bontempelli.
Is an excellent overheard mark and could be a great third tall.
He kicked 5 goals x 2 & another 3 in the first 3 games he returned at Northern this year.

SugarCoat what are you doing posting like a normal, respectful person? That aint you!

Anywho, I really hope GC pick up Clem Smith. Don't give a rats about his kicking. You cannot teach the aggression he has. Would be an awesome pressure forward or lock down back.

I hope we take bampton or neal-bullen at 35 or 43. Imagine this midfield in 8 years
-Matt crouch-Rover
-Rory sloane-Center
-Peter bampton/Alex neal-bullen-Ruck-Rover
-Riley Knight-Wing
-Brad crouch-Wing

Hey KM, saw this statement and it raised a couple of q's for me. If it takes 4 seasons for key forwards to develop, what has been your experience for mids, 3 seasons? And do you generally have an idea of when they roughly hit their peak, 6-8 seasons perhaps?

Mids now when picked early you really want them playing and playing well in season one. Mids are more variable and depends on their height/size. They start to hit their prime generally around year four and from there the improvements generally slow but there is variation. The ages of 23-28 is that real hot zone for midfielders in terms of when the produce most strongly generally.

Hey KM, big fan of all the work you and others do on the draft on here.

My question is do you reckon Lachie Weller could slide to 21/22? I think Saints fans (myself included) are hoping he has tanked his interviews in the hope of playing with Mav which he is pretty vocal about. I know at times throughout the year he has moved around in your order due to niggling injuries and concerns over him not playing div one footy but is he considered a top 10 cert again?

Weller won't nearly last till 21/22. Most likely he goes top 10 and certainly will go top 15.

Hey KM just wondering about your thoughts on Langford? I am preparing for Freo to overlook a KPP and he just seems like the kind of player that we would target because of his versatility along with Lamb. What is his better position and do you think he has the attributes to be able to play midfield. Thanks in advance

Langford is good. Probably gone by Fremantle's selection but possibly may be there. He is better than Lamb for me. Langford moves like a midfielder and has a relatively good skillset for a tall so it's not out of the question when he puts on size that he makes that transition over time.

hey KM, thoughts on Weller going pick 10 to the Cats? think he would be a perfect fit there with his speed and skill.

Pick 10 next update is where I have Weller going. Good fit and the type of value selection - Ahern may be another alternative that Geelong look at.

I hope we take bampton or neal-bullen at 35 or 43. Imagine this midfield in 8 years
-Matt crouch-Rover
-Rory sloane-Center
-Peter bampton/Alex neal-bullen-Ruck-Rover
-Riley Knight-Wing
-Brad crouch-Wing
Brad Crouch on wing...seriously? And I don't want to burst your bubble but that is a one paced midfield, and not a quick one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He kicked 5 goals x 2 & another 3 in the first 3 games he returned at Northern this year.
Watch bonti play this year?? Averaged a goal a game and his overhead marking was excellent (outmarked fletcher one on one in the goal squire).

Bontempelli's contested marking and forward play is virtually unmatched by nearly all at our club. Only Stringer and Boyd would be on par with him in those two areas in terms of overhead ability. He kicked multiple goals against the cats, GWS and I think Melbourne and the roos as well really Don't think Langford is that close in terms of ability hence why hes rated at 10 - 15.

Hey KM,
I asked you last week about who you thought was the safest 'bet-your-house-on-it' pick in the draft outside of the top 10 to make it in the AFL (you chose Heeney and Goddard).

As you know, for every gem player picked up in the draft there are about 5 times as many busts. Happens every single year.
So just for a little fun we'll do the reverse, who do you see as the biggest bust potentials in this years likely top 20 or 30 (including top 10). Choose a couple of players that in your opinion in spite of all the media hype, you think they may well turn out to be a bust - you personally just don't see it with them.
Go with your gut.

Me personally I got a bad feeling about Liam Duggan and Clem Smith.

Hey KM,
I asked you last week about who you thought was the safest 'bet-your-house-on-it' pick in the draft outside of the top 10 (you chose Goddard).

As you know, for every gem player picked up in the draft there are about 5 times as many busts. Happens every single year.
So just for a little fun we'll do the reverse, who do you see as the biggest bust potential in this years likely top 20 or 30 (including top 10). Choose a couple of players that in your opinion in spite of all the media hype, you think they may well turn out to be a bust - you personally just don't see it with them.
Go with your gut.

McCartin

Hey KM,
I asked you last week about who you thought was the safest 'bet-your-house-on-it' pick in the draft outside of the top 10 to make it in the AFL (you chose Heeney and Goddard).

So just for a little fun we'll do the reverse, who do you see as the biggest bust potentials in this years likely top 20 or 30 (including top 10). Choose a couple of players that in your opinion in spite of all the media hype, you think they may well turn out to be a bust - you personally just don't see it with them.
Go with your gut.

Liam Duggan? Really? To me he is a really safe bet. High character, late b'day and seems like the kind of player that you could depend upon to turn up every week.

Yeah he's one of the safest bets in the pool for mine. 200+ gamer written all over him.
Yeah I agree. Although I'm hoping for Weller, Duggan would be my second choice if Weller was already gone.

I know it's a big call and I'm not saying that he'll be as good but geez Duggan reminds me of Enright. Not with his kicking obviously (being a left footer) but just the way he reads the play and has a cool head under pressure.

Hey KM,

Go with your gut.

Reece Mckenzie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back