Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Should.

I desperatly need a steel shaft.

My Wilson driver is quite flexi, i notice my hands are through the shot and my head of driver is still yet to come through, i end up having to do shorter controlled swings with it. Hit some nice flat long balls today though. Also hit a 20m like 60 degree lob wedge on the last hole par 5 when i tried to unleash and thats what happened.
Mate if your shafts are to soft you will have to go at it slower to make em work.. As Wilson haven't made any decent woods in a while the Sldr will be a rolls Royce in comparison

Mate if your shafts are to soft you will have to go at it slower to make em work.. As Wilson haven't made any decent woods in a while the Sldr will be a rolls Royce in comparison
Does 'soft shaft' simply mean to flexi?

I bought this a fair time ago, believe i got it on a special from 169 to $99 however thats pretty cheap and what you pay is what you get.

Its a Wilson Hyper Ti Matrix, 460cc - id think it is probably pretty s**t.

I bought this a fair time ago, believe i got it on a special from 169 to $99 however thats pretty cheap and what you pay is what you get.

Yeah sorry regular flex is pretty soft... If your generating reasonable club head speed the stiff will work a treat..

If it aint STIFF it never finds the hole

Working part time while I'm at uni and am able to listen to my ipod. Have been listening to Bob Rotella's audiobooks which I've found really interesting. Can recommend.

How big a difference would regular (low kickpoint) vs stiff (mid kickpoint) make in steal shaft irons?

I'm guessing I have a pretty average swing speed and seem to be ok with regular graphite shafts on my hybrids and driver but I'm looking at second hand irons at the moment and I'm wondering if I should go with the stiff shafts if that's all they have for what I want.

How much extra can it cost to get an extra shift shaft?

Been hitting my mates Taylormade R1 driver and quite like it. Hit it well. He reckons its a TP (unsure how to tell?) And is an extra stiff shaft because he has a quick swing speed.

Do they test swing speeds at golfbox? And to what accuracy?

_Wang_

Just had my swing speed tested at golfbox.

With the 1 drivers SLDR/Callaway are a few i tried out 430cc and 460cc.

Mainly tested between 100-105. Was getting upto the 102-106 swing speed range once id warmed up.

The driver he recommended for me was the 460cc 10.5 loft, stiff flex SLDR Taylormade which is exactly what i told my GF to get me and i believe she has got me during October to get the 100 off for only 329. So pretty stoked.

He said im close to the X stiff shaft/border of. However because i hold the club down on the grip i dont need it, however he said i need to get that bad habit out of my game and try to get the hands up higher to maximize the club.

Is there an app you can get for distance to front/back of green? Does it cost how much?

Thinking about paying 139-149 for techno special at golf box for gps unit little phone thing or watch

Is there an app you can get for distance to front/back of green? Does it cost how much?

Thinking about paying 139-149 for techno special at golf box for gps unit little phone thing or watch

app - free caddie, its primitive but its not bad
other than that spend the $$$$ on a laser or a garmin watch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

_Wang_

Just had my swing speed tested at golfbox.

With the 1 drivers SLDR/Callaway are a few i tried out 430cc and 460cc.

Mainly tested between 100-105. Was getting upto the 102-106 swing speed range once id warmed up.

The driver he recommended for me was the 460cc 10.5 loft, stiff flex SLDR Taylormade which is exactly what i told my GF to get me and i believe she has got me during October to get the 100 off for only 329. So pretty stoked.

He said im close to the X stiff shaft/border of. However because i hold the club down on the grip i dont need it, however he said i need to get that bad habit out of my game and try to get the hands up higher to maximize the club.
Good stuff man.. Yeah the sldr will treat you well

So many chances , speaking of putting I upgraded my clubs recently including a Odyssey versa tank 7. I'm an absolute hack golfer but I love this putter and no question it's saving me shots.

What a choke from Adam Scott. Painful to watch.
So many chances , speaking of putting I upgraded my clubs recently including a Odyssey versa tank 7. I'm an absolute hack golfer but I love this putter and no question it's saving me shots.

Why was it a choke?

I really hate armchair heroes.:thumbsdown:

Have you ever putted on greens with a rating of 10.11" (assuming you know what this means) - basically like glass, he had a 4 foot slider which anyone in the world could have missed.
Chalmers played a great final day and to win on the 7th playoff hole would indicate no-one choked.

Truly amazing how we treat our sporting gods

as for the odyssey - great putter, what makes it better than your old one? feel? weight? stroke? grip? length?

I just love how it feels for me and to be honest having a good first couple of rounds with it has upped the confidence and so I'll likely remember the good putts more than the bad especially while it's all new and shiny.

Still, my old putter always felt too short (and light) for me and so even though I'm probably not standing a lot straighter having some of the grip above my hands feels a lot more comfortable. I've the 38" shaft.

I like the extra weight, my confidence was shot on even the shortest putts but with this it feels so smooth to get the ball moving that, so far, I'm doing much better with putting the first putt within a few feet and then confidently sinking it for two. Plenty of work ahead but really minimising the 3 putts and sinking a few more for one suits me fine for now.

Also big kudos for the versa alignment design, again especially for a high handicapper I think this is a winner, I'm so much more confident lining up the putt that I'm starting to do what I probably should have been doing all along, set myself and then don't even look at the hole again, just keep the head down and focus on hitting the ball squarely with the centre alignment dots.

app - free caddie, its primitive but its not bad
other than that spend the $$$$ on a laser or a garmin watch

I use a golf buddy and I find it pretty good, just clip it on the hat, they are around $120 on ebay.

Have 50,000 courses on it, auto picks up every tee, gives you front/middle/back measurements. Is really good on links courses like National, Moonah etc with a lot of blind shots from under hills etc, great if you are hitting from other fairways etc.

No bunker measurements off tee's for those that need it, I'm a pretty big hitter though, so rarely have fairway bunkers in play.

Managed to talk my gf into getting me a taylormade SLDR Driver for xmas. Think she bought it yday for 329. Got the one with the white pearl top finish.

Stiff shaft, 10.5 loft - can adjust 1.5 degree each way.

I hit my Titleist driver a good 20-30m's further than my mates SLDR when I've used it, but that's just me, wasn't personally a fan, hits a lot like a Hybrid with that thuddy feel.

I'm looking at re-gripping my wedges in kangaroo leather, anyone seen or used GripMaster grips? They are taking off on tour.

I hit my Titleist driver a good 20-30m's further than my mates SLDR when I've used it, but that's just me, wasn't personally a fan, hits a lot like a Hybrid with that thuddy feel.

I'm looking at re-gripping my wedges in kangaroo leather, anyone seen or used GripMaster grips? They are taking off on tour.
Yeh ive hit with the titleist aswell. Ive got the loft at 12 degrees but hit some rippers yday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back