2015 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

pulp-fiction-medieval_288x216.jpg

So this is where you've been hiding for the past 20 years...

Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead.....

Mitch35 was asking about Friday and Saturday nights on free-to-air. These three are our only ones.
Ahhok, prime time would include Saturday day and Sunday day games too tho. Even tho 3;20 Sunday isn't traditional, it is now the Sunday prime time game being shown on FTA.
We also have a couple of 2:10 Saturday games.

Six Friday night games for Carlton? FFS did we learn nothing from the torture of watching them this year?

Not really fussed with the fixture. Not going to get any prime time games being last on the ladder I'd just like to see more MCG games.

Six Friday night games for Carlton? FFS did we learn nothing from the torture of watching them this year?

Not really fussed with the fixture. Not going to get any prime time games being last on the ladder I'd just like to see more MCG games.

Hopefully they get pumped!

Hopefully they get pumped!
I hope they lose every game by a point so they can keep thinking they're contenders! Only to see them fall off a cliff that will take 10 years to climb back up from.

Ahhok, prime time would include Saturday day and Sunday day games too tho. Even tho 3;20 Sunday isn't traditional, it is now the Sunday prime time game being shown on FTA.

I agree with you myself. Although only one of our interstate games is on FTA. Bugger.

On that assessment nearly every time slot for AFL is prime time? Generally, prime time television in Australia is considered to be from 6:00pm to 10:00pm :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On that assessment nearly every time slot for AFL is prime time? Generally, prime time television in Australia is considered to be from 6:00pm to 10:00pm :)
not really. I just dont see how only Friday night & Saturday night can be classified as the only primetime games. I'd say saturday afternoon & sunday afternoon games are primetime too, hence why Channel 7 has the rights to those games.

not really. I just dont see how only Friday night & Saturday night can be classified as the only primetime games. I'd say saturday afternoon & sunday afternoon games are primetime too, hence why Channel 7 has the rights to those games.

Not quite. Prime time refers to the period of time where there is the biggest audiences for television and also the most competition. You don't see the big networks screening their latest shows (e.g. X-Factor) on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Channel 7 continues the rights to Saturday and Sunday afternoons because there is very little competition in these time slots apart from the odd V8 Supercar race for AFL watchers.

My issue with not getting many night FTA time slots is the fact they have the highest viewership - which is great for the exposure of our team, and most importantly our sponsors. It just makes our fixture less tempting for big sponsors to sign on, because the TV coverage is a significant part of the deal. So we can possibly expect less sponsorship dollars in our bank for next year, or at the least, expect them not to increase in comparison to the bigger clubs. So there is one source of revenue for the club which isn't going to expand in 2015. You combine that with our deal with Etihad Stadium where we need approximately 30,000 to break even....

Going off timeslots, previous crowds etc. I think we can expect this in terms of financial performance for our home games.

Screen Shot 2014-10-31 at 1.05.42 PM.png

So out of the 9 home games we get at Etihad...
  • 3 where I think we can get above 30,000
  • 3 where we will be lucky to get 30,000 (Hopefully a bigger crowd for Richmond)
  • 3 where we have no chance of getting 30,000
So overall we have 4-5 games where we will actually make money in 2015.

Not quite. Prime time refers to the period of time where there is the biggest audiences for television and also the most competition. You don't see the big networks screening their latest shows (e.g. X-Factor) on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Channel 7 continues the rights to Saturday and Sunday afternoons because there is very little competition in these time slots apart from the odd V8 Supercar race for AFL watchers.

My issue with not getting many night FTA time slots is the fact they have the highest viewership - which is great for the exposure of our team, and most importantly our sponsors. It just makes our fixture less tempting for big sponsors to sign on, because the TV coverage is a significant part of the deal. So we can possibly expect less sponsorship dollars in our bank for next year, or at the least, expect them not to increase in comparison to the bigger clubs. So there is one source of revenue for the club which isn't going to expand in 2015. You combine that with our deal with Etihad Stadium where we need approximately 30,000 to break even....

Going off timeslots, previous crowds etc. I think we can expect this in terms of financial performance for our home games.

• 3 where we will be lucky to get 30,000 (Hopefully a bigger crowd for Richmond)
Despite the fact you're purely talking hypotheticals, we finished last so what do you expect?
What happens if we win the first 10 games? Do you take that into account for all your variables? How do we get more supporters for a bulldogs game than a Richmond game?
If you really want to talk about prime time slots, how come the AFL has scheduled no Sunday or Monday night games which has a significant history of producing higher TV audiences from many other sports over many other years.
Also x-factor and those other shows have no relevance, this a sport, played on weekends. And on the 3 days available channel 7 hold the prime time spots.

I think based on our fixture it will be more likely to be the following:

Rd 1 vs GWS - loss
Rd 4 vs Carlton (Wellington) - profit
Rd 5 vs Essendon - profit
Rd 8 vs West Coast - loss
Rd 10 vs Hawthorn - loss (maybe break-even if we're lucky, because of the timeslot and the fact that Hawks fans don't like going to Etihad.)
Rd 11 vs Melbourne - loss
Rd 13 vs WB - loss (maybe break-even if lucky.)
Rd 16 vs Richmond - break-even (because of the crappy Sunday twilight timeslot.)
Rd 19 vs Fremantle - loss
Rd 21 vs Geelong - break-even (maybe loss if we're really struggling.)
Rd 22 vs Sydney - loss (maybe break-even if we're lucky.)

Some will call these predictions worst case scenario, and maybe they are, but that is what the club needs to budget for. I have us down for:
- 2 profits
- 2 break-evens
- 7 losses

Hopefully the large amount of cash we get from playing in Wellington is enough to offset our probable losses at Etihad.

I remember in our great recent years, we would get one or two games at the G despite being in the previous Grand Final. i always felt this affected our performance on the big stage and advantaged Collingwood etc. I think the same applies to Freo, Sydney etc that they don't get G Time and this has to hurt.

Just seen on twitter that if all goes to plan and Roo plays the year out without missing a game he'l play his 300th in Round 19 vs Fremantle at Etihad.

Usually it's a retirement or two but now possibly the skippers 300th!

That reminds me that Dal also likely to play his 300th next year at North. Makes me a little sad. :cry:

Just seen on twitter that if all goes to plan and Roo plays the year out without missing a game he'l play his 300th in Round 19 vs Fremantle at Etihad.

That reminds me that Dal also likely to play his 300th next year at North. Makes me a little sad. :cry:

I thought about the Roo game. Wasn't it after Lenny's retirement announcement we won against Freo?

Another milestone game! Another win! Thanks Ross!:D

Hate to be this person... Roo is on 281 games, so his 19th game next year, factoring in the bye, would be round 20 v North in Hobart.

Piss off Carlton, Wellington is our turf!
Carlton is open to turning its maiden Anzac Day trip to Wellington next year into an annual fixture.

Blues chief executive Steven Trigg said the Blues would consider an annual trip across the Tasman.

"That is a possibility. It's not a difficult exercise straight across the Tasman from here, obviously. I don't know what the AFL's view is but we would certainly have an open mind," he said.

Trigg said the Blues were "delighted" to have the opportunity next season.

"We would like to make as much of it culturally as we can with St Kilda and we will be sitting with them shortly to see how that comes together," he said.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...n-clash-against-st-kilda-20141101-11fc56.html

Remove this Banner Ad

Back