Travis Boak vs Rory Sloane

Who's better?

• Travis Boak

Votes: 91 55.2%
  • Rory Sloane

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • Travis Boak (Port Adelaide supporters)

Votes: 28 17.0%
  • Rory Sloane (Adelaide supporters)

Votes: 10 6.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I was having a debate with someone, and after looking through some matches and some statistics I realised that they actually were actually very close in terms of how good they are.

Both leaders at their respective clubs, both gun players. Who's better?

I rate Sloane higher than most do, however Boak is still the one.

Not by a massive amount but he is a top 5-10 player in the comp, i'd have Sloane in the 15-20 bracket.
looks like you rate them both a bit high IMO....

Anyway... Boak for me...

looks like you rate them both a bit high IMO....

Anyway... Boak for me...

I would argue that he has them pretty close, altho (and I admit some bias here) I would rate Sloane maybe a tad higher than that, but what you have to take into account is their leadership and they both excel in this aspect.

also, inb4shitfight

I would argue that he has them pretty close, altho (and I admit some bias here) I would rate Sloane maybe a tad higher than that, but what you have to take into account is their leadership and they both excel in this aspect.

also, inb4shitfight
Yeah but no. Travis captains our club, a club that has played finals under his leadership two years running. Sloane is my favourite Crows player but he justifiably hasn't made the All Australian team the last 2 years. So, in conclusion, I agree with you - you're biased.

I can't really see how you can vote Sloane on this one. Sloane is a quality player who on paper has a lot of great attributes but i never really think of him as a genuine match winner or guy who will turn the tide through his efforts. That is despite escaping the tag thanks to Dangerfield. He'd be somewhere in my top 50 but not top 30.

Boak is not only a good leader but he has shown he be a genuine match winner who can lead from the front. Boak is probably around top 15 in the comp and a fair step up from Sloane.

also, inb4shitfight
Slaon is great but i cant see him being top 20 in the comp.... top 30 more like it...
Boak is top 20 IMO

We are not just talking about mids here.....i'm inclusing the Lance franklins, the Rougheads(one 1), Harry Taylors... and so forth...

Yeah but no. Travis captains our club, a club that has played finals under his leadership two years running. Sloane is my favourite Crows player but he justifiably hasn't made the All Australian team the last 2 years. So, in conclusion, I agree with you - you're biased.

Wasn't suggesting that Sloane ranked above Boak. My contention was that he had BOTH players ranked too low and certainly Sloane. No doubt however, that Boak ranks above Sloane

You're just encouraging a shitfight. I for one won't participate but Boak is better IMO.

Sloane in a heartbeat. ;)

That person you were having the debate with must be a very wise man.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Captaincy alone does it.

Having said that, Sloane will be captain next year IMHO.

Boak is also lethal delivering it into 50, he rarely misses a target, and at the very least it's to advantage.

Sloane (like Adelaide) have a habit of burning the ball entering 50, have been doing that for a loooong time. Always had high inside 50's for low conversion rates, where as Port is always the opposite in that regard, very efficient going fwd. Port had the lowest inside 50s in 2004.

As much as I absolutely love Rory, Boak just has that class Sloane lacks (which is why he was drafted at 5, whilst Sloane went at 44 in his second draft...). Rory Sloane should be captain of the AFC though.

As much as I absolutely love Rory, Boak just has that class Sloane lacks (which is why he was drafted at 5, whilst Sloane went at 44 in his second draft...). Rory Sloane should be captain of the AFC though.
Sloane was an absolute steal at 44. Easily my favourite Crow, and SHOULD be your captain going forward.

We've all been there. That is a pretty horrible one though. Still can't beat Tambling before Franklin.
Christian Howard before Fyfe. Or Carlisle. :cry:

We've all been there. That is a pretty horrible one though. Still can't beat Tambling before Franklin.
Yeah true, with all due respect LA was looking alright before the shoulder reco....

Back