2014 Trade/FA Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Except Fev, Robinson and Lisle were rejected by their clubs and Roughy isn't likely to be, but yeah, if he ever is, maybe we should think twice.

Except Lisle was never rejected by Hawthorn and whilst they were willing to trade him for the right price, they hardly pushed him out the door. We parted with pick 29 in trade period and he was wanting to go to a club where he would get opportunity if memory serves.

The Lisle move made sense at the time, I liked it. We'd been watching him and thought he could add something. Easy to pot it now with the benefit of hindsight, but with our KPF stocks we should be making moves like that, even if they don't always pay off.

Robbo's obviously a different prospect given he's going to be fighting to break into an area of strength and depth, but imo he's a better player than Raines and Polkinghorne and goes some way to replacing their 220-odd games of experience. I'm comfortable with it given it'll cost us nothing. I know most on here are willing to let him have a go at this stage, even begrudgingly (I wasn't much of a fan of it at first either).

Except Lisle was never rejected by Hawthorn and whilst they were willing to trade him for the right price, they hardly pushed him out the door. We parted with pick 29 in trade period and he was wanting to go to a club where he would get opportunity if memory serves.
Then it doesn't make your point at all, does it?
But those were your words;
Still can't quite work out why the club doesn't think like this. Hopefully if Roughead ever becomes available, we steer clear after the failure of the last hawk reject we drafted in Lisle.
So you're not even making a comparison or analogy of rejects at all.

I agree with what you were trying to say, that you don't ignore one opportunity because it failed once before, but what you said made no sense at all. My point is, if you are going to attack someone's silly comment, you shouldn't do it with an equally silly, nonsensical argument.

I agree with what you were trying to say, that you don't ignore one opportunity because it failed once before, but what you said made no sense at all. My point is, if you are going to attack someone's silly comment, you shouldn't do it with an equally silly, nonsensical argument.

You haven't said why it's silly or nonsensical comment

Pretty sure all they were saying was the actions of one player we obtained from club x does not affect the actions of another player we get from club x years later.

Surely attacking the method in which the player arrived (FA, Trade, Delisting) is a bit pedantic?

The point still stands, nothing Fev did affects what Mitch Robinson will do

Pretty sure all they were saying was the actions of one player we obtained from club x does not affect the actions of another player we get from club x years later.Surely attacking the method in which the player arrived (FA, Trade, Delisting) is a bit pedantic?
The point still stands, nothing Fev did affects what Mitch Robinson will do
True to a point, it was just a really poor analogy that failed to make that point.
Pedantic? Probably, but I think "how" a player arrives is relevant, particularly to the original statement whether it was right or wrong.
Because not taking a star player like Roughy, because some other kid we traded in didn't work out is absolutely nothing like being cautious of bringing in a second experienced player who has been dumped by his club, at least in part, due to their indiscretions.

I don't fully agree with the OP,(Fev and Robinson's situations are different), but nor do I agree with the rebuttal that the same illogic could apply to Roughead/Lisle. It didn't make sense.

Roughy likely to ever be delisted?
If you're going to counter illogical statements, don't do it with equally ridiculous ones.

The whole argument is illogical and ridiculous!!...Debating the off field antics of player R and comparing it with the personal trouble player F had... because the only common theme is they came from Club C.....o_O

Hopefully when the formal announcement is finally made (Sat?) we will just accept him as a Lions player to be loved in our usual subjectiveness and move on.

Starting to think the trade FA discussion had taken over from the furphy tank.....

The First World War, drivers of the "furphy carts" were notorious sources of information and gossip as they moved from camp to camp. Men gathered around the water carts to swap stories and pass on rumours.......

Furphy-pic.jpg

And for the second time I will tell you that it was designed to be an equally silly comment. The notion that Robinson will fail because Fev did is a ridiculous one and required and equally ridiculous response. From now on I'll put a little footnote in all my posts indicating if they're jokes or not so you can follow.

And for the second time I will tell you that it was designed to be an equally silly comment. The notion that Robinson will fail because Fev did is a ridiculous one and required and equally ridiculous response. From now on I'll put a little footnote in all my posts indicating if they're jokes or not so you can follow.
That would be swell.

A bit about Robinson on the tail end of an article about Aish (see his roster thread for that).

Swann also all but confirmed that delisted Blue Mitch Robinson has chosen to join the club as a free agent and will tomorrow officially nominate the club as his preferred destination.

“It’s not official because it doesn’t happen until tomorrow, but it’s more likely than unlikely.

“I think Justin Leppitsch had a fair bit to do with it (Robinson choosing the Lions).”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting fact, Dayne Beams also had a bit to do with it ;)

(They get along well and he was encouraging him to get on board)
What's Mitch's take on Leppa after they mey triplezero? As much as you can comfortably share, of course.

Was talking to Brett Goodes on the plane up to bris from Melbourne yesterday, I asked him what happened at the dogs and he said he was shocked at what went on, not the reasons why, but that Griffin walked out and the contract to Boyd.

Was talking to Brett Goodes on the plane up to bris from Melbourne yesterday, I asked him what happened at the dogs and he said he was shocked at what went on, not the reasons why, but that Griffin walked out and the contract to Boyd.

Boyd contract gonna bight em on the bum big time

Boyd contract gonna bight em on the bum big time
Yeah I get the same feeling about that contract as ours with Fev, but for different reasons.

Its like "hey you guys get all our eggs and put them in that basket"

They do have some young talent on their list though (bont, macrae, hunter, stringer, hrovat, dalhaus)

Yeah I get the same feeling about that contract as ours with Fev, but for different reasons.

Its like "hey you guys get all our eggs and put them in that basket"

They do have some young talent on their list though (bont, macrae, hunter, stringer, hrovat, dalhaus)

So has Melbourne and they have still languished at the bottom all these years

Robinson must of got the pre recorded message accidentally and he loved it. Was meant for Nick Robertson

Can we please just say that the message wasn't prerecorded? I would like to think that Leppa loves us all so much that he found the time to leave each and every one of us a message :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back