Pakistan vs Australia (in the UAE)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a whole lot of (i.e. any) consistency in that post when Hughes has played less than half the number of Tests that Siddle has ... .
It's quite consistent. Siddle's a lot better, better credentialed and hasn't pissed away his chances (only 40 away from top 10 wicket takers for Australia). Hughes won't get anywhere near top 10 for batsmen.

He's the Mitch Brown of cricket is Hughes.

Dominant at the level below but not quite good enough at the top level. Every time we bring Hughes back in, it just confirms to me that we have a lack of batting depth.

It's quite consistent. Siddle's a lot better, better credentialed and hasn't pissed away his chances

Lol. Siddle has been a dud of very high proportions at this level for a very long time.

Severely overrated (and useless when really needed - takes most of his wickets in dead situations or rubbers), although more people are starting to see through it finally.

Okay. In Australia against India (who play spin well) who the spinner??

In this squad? O'Keefe. He was better in the first test. Ideally I would have picked Ahmed. You need a leg spinner in the squad, he is the most ready to bowl right now.

Lol. Siddle has been a dud of very high proportions at this level for a very long time.

Severely overrated (and useless when really needed - takes most of his wickets in dead situations or rubbers), although more people are starting to see through it finally.
And the guy some on here earmarked to take Siddle's place (Starc) hasn't done any better so far this test. He'll play at the Gabba.

I rate Maxwell as a better spinner than Lyon, still baffled as to why Dave Warner and his leggies aren't getting a go?

Hasn't Warner given his leggies up? I could be wrong on that front.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the guy some on here earmarked to take Siddle's place (Starc) hasn't done any better so far this test. He'll play at the Gabba.

He better not play at the GABBA. Play Hazelwood, NCN, Harris (If fit), Sayers, Bird.

In this squad? O'Keefe. He was better in the first test. Ideally I would have picked Ahmed. You need a leg spinner in the squad, he is the most ready to bowl right now.
Against India on our Australian pitches is what I asked, so is that your answer given those parameters?

He has a groin injury and can barely move.

Oh great lets injure our only decent batsman bar Smith. This will be good lol

On the positive I chucked $30 on Pakistan at $5 to win the series before the 1st test lol

Yes, and then you'd be going on about how bad Ahmed is and saying we shouldn't have picked him.

Against India on our Australian pitches is what I asked, so is that your answer given those parameters?

Against India, I'd go for Boyce/Muirhead/Zampa. Whoever the selectors view as the most ready option.

He shouldn't have, he looked pretty good bowling them.

Did not know this, when did this happen?
One of the ODI games, I believe he missed the last one. Was in doubt to play the first Test as well. They showed him "running" after a ball earlier. Was barely a jog.

Lyon (and all the bowlers) suffering from a lack of Ryan Harris to keep the pressure on at the other end. He is better than the others at removing "set" batsmen too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back