Status
Not open for further replies.

MileHigh

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Regarding Cotchin, He did have a niggle early in the year but nothing too serious and it only effected him 2-3 weeks
The biggest problem with Cotchin is actually not cotchin himself but the way Richmond used him in the first half of the season with Jackson,Delidio both out trent was getting hammered on the inside with no support.

If you go back to the brownlow count after Delidio & Miles were in the team, Trent spent more time outside and his kicks were alot better and longer and he become more damaging - And got alot more bog's and came home strong )brownlow/jack dyer both reflected that

I am a massive supporter of getting Mitch Robinson to richmond as i believe he would really add alot to the midfield in the rotations aswell as having the ability to go foward & kicks goals when Dusty,Lids,Trent are in the middle - But the best part would be that it would allow our better players to be played more upfield /outside and be more damaging.

But looks like its not happening
Whatever upside you see with Mitch, I think his down side negates it. He has an extroverted, almost ADD type personality and I think in that he is hard to mould in with the playing group. I think the club would find the additional disturbance for the lack of a better term a lot to manage. In addition, he isn't the kind of player who thinks his way through things and he really only has one speed. He will line someone up and get out of position which opens up the midfield for the other team, and when he does get the ball he generally just throws it on the boot. Its really a roll of the dice when this happens - sometimes it ends up in our players arms but very often itll end up in the oppositions hands and as all our players are on the attack we get opened up on the rebound.

From our clubs perspective I know we were super surprised he was still available at pick 40 in the draft when we got him and a lot of clubs probably did stay away based on their interviews with him. I reckon we hoped he would mature over time and what transpired with him lying to the club really showed that even after 100 games he wasn't going to smarten up, either off or on the field. He needed to become smarter and think his way through situations and he is just a very reactionary type of character. As much as you see a need for him, as much I dont hold a grudge against him and hope it does work out for him elsewhere because I did genuinely enjoy his character, I think you will be better off without him.

He was the last of the disturbing personalities at our club - Fevola, Waite and Robinson were all hard personalities to deal with for one reason or another. We are going to be a far more professional and coachable side as of 2015 as MM will know what he is getting out of every single player that takes the field every week and being able to rely upon that alone will provide us with so much more stability that you can create a game plan and not have to change things on game day because one of your pieces on the field isnt performing or doing the job they were charged with doing.

Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
He's kinda like a faster, classier Jack Ziebell. Great clearance player but takes the game on when he gets it. Seems to flash in and out of the game at times but still ends up with 30 touches and 5+ tackles. He can shut an opponent down and hurt them the other way.

Good description. But I tend to think of him as more like Gibbs if he'd been played in the middle from the start of his career.

cookie monster

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
NY Giants
It is unlikely we will have any interesting rumours for a few months.

Welcome to the off season
Why are we discussing whether Cotchin is actually any good or not? Richmond is never gonna sell their soul and trade their captain so it's all talk about something that will never eventuate.

Let's talk about the bombers and how effed their club is, in the appropriate thread of course

slashin_velvet

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, STL Blues
Why are we discussing whether Cotchin is actually any good or not? Richmond is never gonna sell their soul and trade their captain so it's all talk about something that will never eventuate.

Let's talk about the bombers and how effed their club is, in the appropriate thread of course
You would think most clubs wouldnt trade their captain....but sometimes the player gets an offer too good to refuse (ala Griff)

coryne

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 15, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Trades are not a part of free agency ....................

Nov 14, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton

fair call except our possible pick-ups have been discussed to death, (ie Tutt PSD, Dick as DFA, maybe Saad).

and Delusiondon are ****ed, no rumour there.

Gw2_James

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
You all want a rumour I have a good one for you all.

I went to dandenong high school with adam treloar and occasionally speak with him on facebook.

Wether or not you choose to believe me is up to you, but I can confirm he was a true blue carlton supporter and wants to come play for carlton.

All we can do now is wait and see what happens next years draft. With a bit of luck he may become a carlton player =)

I went to dandenong high school with adam treloar and occasionally speak with him on facebook.

Wether or not you choose to believe me is up to you, but I can confirm he was a true blue carlton supporter and wants to come play for carlton.

All we can do now is wait and see what happens next years draft. With a bit of luck he may become a carlton player =)
Keep selling him the Carlton line.

Weiterbot23

Cancelled
Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer Sponsor 2016 Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2009 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2008
Yarraville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
OKC

#believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton

Tell him we always wanted him more than Boyd.

How about Hendo, Jaksch & Walker instead?

simpsonhomerdrool.jpg
The problem then is that we can only fit 2 of those guys in our forward line if we want to play a forward/ruckman.

[ToTTi]

Guernsey Club Sponsor 15,16,17,18,19,20,21
Oct 20, 2003
Lygon Street
AFL Club
Carlton
Three CFC sports science guys gone in the last few weeks, by gone I was told a combination of being sacked and left due to inability to be able to work with Buttifant.

Apparently new ideas thrown at DB were quickly shut down and dismissed with ridicule, on a regular basis.

Essentially, he is a dinosaur who is set in his ways and refuses to adapt to modern sport science.

Laurence

Team Captain
Mar 26, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

Good old Dandy High! I went to St Johns Dandedong :) Adam is welcome to visy park whenever he likes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back