The Western Bulldogs Next Coach

Who do you want to be the next coach of the Western Bulldogs?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not keen on Beveredge - not because I don't think he can't be a good coach or I'm doubting his footy coaching ability or his pedigree, but because I don't think we should go down the path on an untried, unproven and unexpected coach with the lack of footy resources that we have at the club.
I would love for 50 to 100 supporters to sit down for a day with Gordon and Garlic and have a frank discussion re the operational and financial circumstances the club is in.

They can even charge us a fee to attend. it would help us as minor stakeholders understand the rationale behind the decisions.

If we end up with an untried coach again...

We dont have the administration and support for another untried coach.

I often wonder why Grant isn't in the coaching game, anyone got any insight into why?
Grant did not even know there was a problem between the players and Mcartney!

Griffen had to go direct to Gordon. WHY?

Grant was an awsome player
Grant is a great person
Grant f..ked up as a 'Director of Football'.

I dont think he is coaching material. Nor do i think he is great at conflict resolution etc. He is a very quiet guy.

The guys nick name was turtle for a reason!

Grant did not even know there was a problem between the players and Mcartney!

Griffen had to go direct to Gordon. WHY?

Grant was an awsome player
Grant is a great person
Grant f..ked up as a 'Director of Football'.

I dont think he is coaching material. Nor do i think he is great at conflict resolution etc. He is a very quiet guy.

The guys nick name was turtle for a reason!
As a 17 year old. I'm sure you're exactly the same as you were at 17 :rolleyes:

Yep. I Was good looking then and still am!

Grant was a quiet introvert at 17, at 30 and still now.

As supporters we idolized him as one of the great players.

This does not mean he can coach.

This does not mean he is automatically 'Football director of the year'.
Our football director stuffed up in a big way in 2014. Why this occurred is unanswered and I am sure will be buried.
Unfortunately unless we learn from this stuff up there is a great chance of it reoccurring.

Yep. I Was good looking then and still am!

Grant was a quiet introvert at 17, at 30 and still now.

As supporters we idolized him as one of the great players.

This does not mean he can coach.

This does not mean he is automatically 'Football director of the year'.
Our football director stuffed up in a big way in 2014. Why this occurred is unanswered and I am sure will be buried.
Unfortunately unless we learn from this stuff up there is a great chance of it reoccurring.
You are arguing with the wrong person about the stability of personality traits.
Best leave it at that before I start citing studies.
Suffice to say quiet introverts don't normally seek out employment in public speaking. Further even if someone is an introvert it doesn't necessarily preclude an aptitude for 'conflict resolution', in fact it may actually help.

This doesn't automatically mean I think he could or should coach, just that you are talking s**t.

Do you realise the position he holds is a voluntary board position and part time one?
Do you also realise his responsibilities are basically to find/appoint a coach and advise and help the board understand the inner workings of football operations, not to actually run them?
The oversight issue was the fault of Garlick and Lowe, who should have been all over it as they are full-time staff paid to do that ******* job.

Last edited:
Is there any reason I shouldn't be happy with Bev, Tudor or Sumich? The way I see it the only balls up here would be appointing Monty.

I'm sure yebiga can think of something.
Ross-Why-Would-You-Do-That.gif

I'm starting to enjoy the crazy. Just settle in and enjoy the crazy Nathan, it helps.
As you wish.

I want Shames Tird. Think of the media profile we'll develop - there'll be cameras outside Whitten Oval on a daily basis. Never mind that he's a narcissistic, delusional jack-off, we just need to satisfy our sudden craving for attention with little regard for the potential consequences nor the alternative candidates, qualified as they may be.

Anything less would be a colossal failure that could result in us being relocated to New Zealand or Tasmania.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As you wish.

I want Shames Tird. Think of the media profile we'll develop - there'll be cameras outside Whitten Oval on a daily basis. Never mind that he's a narcissistic, delusional jack-off, we just need to satisfy our sudden craving for attention with little regard for the potential consequences nor the alternative candidates, qualified as they may be.

Anything less would be a colossal failure that could result in us being relocated to New Zealand or Tasmania.

Hey! Nothing wrong with Tassie.

It's funny how so many people wanted Macca gone. Now he is and it's all like, "oh s**t, who do we get in now?" :/

The overwhelming vibe I'm getting is that we won't be getting an upgrade from McCartney to the next coach, that's a bit of a worry for me

Just thought I'd randomly pop my 2c in

As you wish.

Oops too crazy.

As you wish.

It doesn't matter that your post is dripping with sarcasm.

6dba050cb7358df760348af167a039549b3be8e841bc6620736c9717e77bb713.jpg

Hey! Nothing wrong with Tassie.
Debatable, but my objection was to the idea of Bulldogs relocating to Tassie, not Tassie itself :p
Oops too crazy.
We have no coach, no captain, Ryan Griffen plays for the 'Giants', we have a tall forward, and it's the off season.

Nothing I can say or do is too crazy.

It's funny how so many people wanted Macca gone. Now he is and it's all like, "oh s**t, who do we get in now?" :/

The overwhelming vibe I'm getting is that we won't be getting an upgrade from McCartney to the next coach, that's a bit of a worry for me

I think any new coach that comes in and doesn't have half the team wanting to leave is a pretty big upgrade.

Compare our board to this time last year
It is dead
There are consequences to such a public scandal when your captain and coach are gone because they can't work with the rest of the class.
A dream has died at the club not for the first time and probablynot for the last time
A new vision is necessary and someone who can sell it
None of these assistants can do it

There is the stench of amateurism at the club
Lots of good intention but little savvy

God it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion repeated over and over

I reckon that's a key reason he survived the 'review'. Club didn't think there were any exceptional candidates to replace him.

You are arguing with the wrong person about the stability of personality traits.
Best leave it at that before I start citing studies.
Suffice to say quiet introverts don't normally seek out employment in public speaking. Further even if someone is an introvert it doesn't necessarily preclude an aptitude for 'conflict resolution', in fact it may actually help.

This doesn't automatically mean I think he could or should coach, just that you are talking s**t.

Do you realise the position he holds is a voluntary board position and part time one?
Do you also realise his responsibilities are basically to find/appoint a coach and advise and help the board understand the inner workings of football operations, not to actually run them?
The oversight issue was the fault of Garlick and Lowe, who should have been all over it as they are full-time staff paid to do that ******* job.
Not arguing. Just stating facts.

It does not matter if he is not paid for the job. If you are going to use it as any excuse.

(Now that you got me started. Gordon can stop pissing money up the wall paying players wages at other clubs for a start).

The football director seriously f..ked up in 2014.

How much time did he spend at the club in the 2014
season?

Why did Griffen approach Gordon and not the football director to voice his concerns?

Was Grant football director in name only? Is that the problem? Or was the work performed a part of the problem?

Not arguing. Just stating facts.

It does not matter if he is not paid for the job. If you are going to use it as any excuse.

(Now that you got me started. Gordon can stop pissing money up the wall paying players wages at other clubs for a start).

The football director seriously f..ked up in 2014.

How much time did he spend at the club in the 2014
season?

Why did Griffen approach Gordon and not the football director to voice his concerns?

Was Grant football director in name only? Is that the problem? Or was the work performed a part of the problem?
You weren't stating facts you are and continue to be talking s**t.

None of that is Grant's role. We pay others to do exactly what you are asking. I'm not sure how many other ways I can explain that to you. Perhaps I should try interpretive dance...

You weren't stating facts you are and continue to be talking s**t.

None of that is Grant's role. We pay others to do exactly what you are asking. I'm not sure how many other ways I can explain that to you. Perhaps I should try interpretive dance...
Not sure WE want to you dance....
Bad bad bad images in my head!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back