General Bombers Talk General VFL Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Sandy/St.Kilda have split. I don't really care, I just want more games in the SE/Eastern 'burbs
Would love to go to Moorabin next year.

Strange that Windy Hill was allegedly being redeveloped from June but hosted the EDFL finals.
Indeed. Nothing had been done to it when I was last there a couple of weeks ago. I actually think it had more to do with the centre wicket for the cricket. The centre square was looked after differently after about July. They kept the grass longer etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only if it's a money spinner.

Which is why it surprises me that Seven would touch VFL at all.
Don't need to spend much money on it though.

Correct, but potential for tangible profits generally far outweighs the need to not spend much.
I can see your point. Although as long as it's live and has Phil Cleary I won't complain.

When is the VFL fixture released, Jack Package?

be stuffed if I know.

It's obviously got a fair bit to do with the AFL fixture so i'd guess it'll be out in the coming weeks

So, Yoda_, who's the second VFL team in the Foxtel Cup since Footscray is ineligible? Williamstown? By my reckoning, the teams should be:

Box Hill
Williamstown
Norwood
South Adelaide*
East Perth+
Subiaco
Aspley
North Launceston

*If the Magpies count as a stand alone side
+If East Perth are the same as Box Hill, being the Eagles reserves, if not, East Fremantle

So, the Irish are playing a practice match against the VFL on Sunday 16th November with the final list narrowed down to 25.

The final squad is;

Evan Panozza (Casey Scorpions), Adam Saad, Lech Featherstone (Coburg Lions), Ben Cavarra, Nicholas Newman (Frankston), Nick Rippon (North Ballarat), James Magner, Tom O’Sullivan, Toby Pinwill, Luke Tynan (Port Melbourne), Myke Cook, Adam Cockie (Sandringham), Scott Sherlock, Tom Gribble, Jye Bolton (Werribee), Scott Clouston, Ben Davies, Ben Jolley, Cameron Lockwood, Adam Marcon, Jake Owen (Williamstown), Jackson Geary (Golden Square), Thomas Paule (Old Melburnians), Bede Mahon (University Blacks), Ben Smithwick (Old Carey)

Anyone keen to come down and have a look? Doss Jack Package BrunoV eth-dog fishardansin

Game is being played at Trevor Barker Oval, Sandringham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back