List Mgmt. Simpson Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm hoping against hope that we will pick simpson up in the rookie draft, and that the lingo used by the club is just to scare off the toasters.

Simpson had a frightening amount of talent. Pace, skills and penetration with both feet, evasion, smarts and vision in space.

But the biggest surprise for me was his quick and clean hands at clearances, and his vision there... which I had no idea about until seeing a few of his peel games.

He could seriously have been anything. Hopefully he and the club can find a way to turn him into an afl player. Rookie list is good for players with a bit more risk in the risk-reward equation.

With his ceiling he just seems like a worthwhile risk. But that's from the outside looking in... with hope based bias affecting me. Could be a wasted spot on the rookie list... but a lot of them are anyway.

Fingers still firmly crossed.

I once found Shipp's dog. Returned it to him. Took a roll of turf out of a shopping trolley out the front of his house.

Was that in the Kardinya area?

I was walking to the shops one day and Shippy came running up to me (shirtless - I think he easily fit the <8% rule) and asked if I'd seen his runaway dog. He said his GF was going to kill him if he didn't find it, so you might have been able to hold out for more than a roll of turf.

Was that in the Kardinya area?

I was walking to the shops one day and Shippy came running up to me (shirtless - I think he easily fit the <8% rule) and asked if I'd seen his runaway dog. He said his GF was going to kill him if he didn't find it, so you might have been able to hold out for more than a roll of turf.

Yeah it was actually. I was hoping for some sort of reward but was pretty happy to just reunite a Docker with his dog. The roll of turf was a simple crime of opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it was actually. I was hoping for some sort of reward but was pretty happy to just reunite a Docker with his dog. The roll of turf was a simple crime of opportunity.

Bet it was Polak's grass

Geez, have forgotten about Phil Read for a long time. Remember watching Kickett snap after constant pestering and pound the s**t out of him in our forward flank. I don't think this footage was ever shown as it was 100m off the ball, it wasn't the common brawls that have footage/photos. Somehow Kickett got a free kick, they had to transfer the ball all the way from the WC forward line to our forward line. And to top it off, Read got sent off with the blood rule and the Freo members (including myself) on that side absolutely gave it to him when he came off. Memories.

Easy to get forgotten amongst Gardiner, Chick, Hunter, Phil Matera and co. I kind of miss the days when WC had so many genuine dickheads playing for them.

The best think Naitanui's ever done on a footy field:

2008 WAFL Grand Final.

Phil Read recieves the ball at the just forward of wing and takes off, heading towards an open goal.

Naitanui must've give him a 20-25 meter start.

Chased him down and absolutely buried him just as he kicked on the 50m line.
Only thing that could've been better was if he grabbed his head and rubbed it into the turf after.

2008 WAFL Grand Final.

Phil Read recieves the ball at the just forward of wing and takes off, heading towards an open goal.

Only thing that could've been better was if he grabbed his head and rubbed it into the turf after.

To be fair evil goblins aren't known for their speed

2008 WAFL Grand Final.

That was Read? I was there that day, my memory is that Naitanui got him before he released the kick and got a holding the ball from it. The noise the swans fans made as Nic Nat got closer and closer was epic. Was the first I realised he was going to be a star. There was something kind of freakish and inevitable about the chase and the tackle.

Geez, have forgotten about Phil Read for a long time. Remember watching Kickett snap after constant pestering and pound the s**t out of him in our forward flank. I don't think this footage was ever shown as it was 100m off the ball, it wasn't the common brawls that have footage/photos. Somehow Kickett got a free kick, they had to transfer the ball all the way from the WC forward line to our forward line. And to top it off, Read got sent off with the blood rule and the Freo members (including myself) on that side absolutely gave it to him when he came off. Memories.

Easy to get forgotten amongst Gardiner, Chick, Hunter, Phil Matera and co. I kind of miss the days when WC had so many genuine dickheads playing for them.

Ha ha - the good old days. Kickett gave him a boxing lesson and a football lesson on the same day. Dale landed a few rippers on that punching bag that Read used for his head. Kickett should have been given a special award for services to football for smacking that total knob around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back